Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

learnincurve posted:

The Venn diagram of people who would whinge about a no strobe lighting button being patched in and those who would call people a filthy casual for not playing on the hardest mode is a circle.

I mean even goons melted down about the idea of adding difficulty modes to Sekiro when that was hot. Decrying it as destroying the creators vision.

It was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1336737415738912772

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Good to see google still driven by the almighty eyeballs on content

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

oldpainless posted:

I have a Witcher 3 story: when it was brand new I asked in a thread if someone would buy it for me and a really cool guy messaged me a PS code for 75 dollars so I bought it welp thanks for reading

why didn't you just buy it with your own money

were you some sort of oldpayless

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

(SoCal)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've pretty much embraced not cutting my hair.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I cut my own hair with a rag on a stick

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Skwirl posted:

I just bought a pair of clippers and learned to love, or at least accept, the '#2 everywhere' style.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I stopped cutting my hair as soon as I was old enough to so the concept of hairdressers is kinda strange to me anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you're a man, in pandemic times you have no excuse for going out for a haircut instead of doing it yourself or getting a friend/partner to do it. Even if it's the shittiest job on earth you can always just buzz it to near bald all round and no job will consider "man with shaved head" some scandalous thing. It's a bit more difficult for women so I can't comment on that.

In regular times, I've gotten to a cycle of buzzing my head and beard in late spring once a year and doing nothing but trimming the beard in the intervening time and I'm really lucky so far in the hair department but I love it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Takoluka posted:

if there were no subs, what would the doms even do
I don't know, the subtitles are in the way

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Prism posted:

I just bought a pair of clippers and learned to love, or at least accept, the '#2 everywhere' style.

:same: :shrek:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I keep trying to get my boyfriend to cut my hair, but he keeps saying he's afraid he'll mess it up somehow. Nevermind the fact that I wear it in a ponytail/bun 99% of the time and literally no one would notice if it was janky. But he straight up won't do it and I keep putting off looking up how to do it myself on youtube, so now my hair has gone from my shoulders down to my hips. At least when I'm able to get a hair cut legitimately again, I'll be able to donate like two feet or so.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
My wife learned to cut my hair on her first attempt.

I have... cut her hair a few times.

I’m getting better, and never looks awful.

I can attest that it is a nerve wracking thing because of the thing the other goon said about guys just being able to shave if it’s messed up, and women catching flak about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I keep trying to get my boyfriend to cut my hair, but he keeps saying he's afraid he'll mess it up somehow. Nevermind the fact that I wear it in a ponytail/bun 99% of the time and literally no one would notice if it was janky. But he straight up won't do it and I keep putting off looking up how to do it myself on youtube, so now my hair has gone from my shoulders down to my hips. At least when I'm able to get a hair cut legitimately again, I'll be able to donate like two feet or so.

How the gently caress fast does your hair grow? I was lazy about haircuts before lockdown so haven't actually had one since before New Years and it still doesn't touch my shoulders.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
When the pandemic got going I finally cut my waist length hair off to the longest setting on the electric razor and I've never gotten so many compliments, had an easier time dying it, or gotten a gf so fast. More girls need to embrace short hair life, its good poo poo. Girls look cute as hell in short hair.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

How the gently caress fast does your hair grow? I was lazy about haircuts before lockdown so haven't actually had one since before New Years and it still doesn't touch my shoulders.

I don't know about her but I shaved my head in april and it's almost at my shoulders now. It's extremely wavy too, it's there if I pull it straight.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

orange juche posted:

That's a weird as gently caress way to say amberpos, slippery

I'm sorry to have to point this out my friend but there was a typo in your response! It almost looked like you were saying to use amberpos hahahah that's so crazy but seriously

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Was Tim Pool the same guy who was reporting (poorly, if I remember right) on the Ferguson protests back in 2014, or was that someone else? I had no idea he turned hard right, unless I'm completely misremembering his politics back then.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I will never shave my head and you can't make me. Some of us like our hair and are looking forward to being able to get proper haircuts again. :mad:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

OwlFancier posted:

I stopped cutting my hair as soon as I was old enough to so the concept of hairdressers is kinda strange to me anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I will never shave my head and you can't make me. Some of us like our hair and are looking forward to being able to get proper haircuts again. :mad:

My hair rocks but I’m not a coward :smug:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Really loving fast as far as I can tell. I can usually donate around a foot of hair a year, and I was getting shaggy in March already. It's actually really nice though, because donating at least 6" of my hair gets me free hair cuts. I don't think I've paid for one in about 5-6 years now.

Bismuth posted:

When the pandemic got going I finally cut my waist length hair off to the longest setting on the electric razor and I've never gotten so many compliments, had an easier time dying it, or gotten a gf so fast. More girls need to embrace short hair life, its good poo poo. Girls look cute as hell in short hair.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a pixie cut or undercut for a while, but I work in a corporate office and that would absolutely not fly here. And I have a very round face to begin with, so I don't even know if I'd look good with it. If my dang office would let me work from home and no one would see me though, I would definitely give it a test run.

Soysaucebeast has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Dec 10, 2020

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I maintain my girlfriend's mohawk and my own buzzcut because if the world is going to careen into an apocalypse we're going to look the part, dagnabbit.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

That's Sikh, Bro

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Finally caught up 300-odd pages of this thread and my takeaway is "you guys are still in lockdown?!"

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I cut my own hair about a month ago and it honestly turned out to be one of the best cuts I’ve ever had.

If you aren’t interested in doing layers and you just want to take the length down/remove split ends, try this:

Do a straight center part and bring it all the way down the back of your head.

Put your hair into two pig tails, putting the hair ties just below your ears.

Place another set of hair ties just BELOW the length you’d like your hair to be.

Cut the hair just above the second hair ties.

This will give you a cut that’s rounded and slightly longer in the back than the front. You can have your partner even out the back if you want it to be straight across. This cut is assuming you don’t have bangs, though.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm lucky that I've used substances that suppress my testosterone. No male pattern baldness, no back hair.

And yet I know it's in my future. Do the Bruce Willis, not the nazi style shaved to the skin thing.

For the first idk 8 months of Covid I just did the undercut to keep the gray out of my sides and the back from being all gross.

First time I noticed there were haircut shops open with proper N95 masks free at the door (don't crowd less than 4 customers at once) I was delighted but I'd done an undercut that made me feel like this

or this

I'm like WE'RE TAKING IT BACK

Turns out I was completely wrong and looked a mess.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
...is that not the sort of thing that happens? Don't doctors take sexual histories for things like that? Don't they say "you probably got this from [time/person], you should contact them"? Why are they pretending this is unheard of?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
HIV also has some homophobic history to say the least

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

...is that not the sort of thing that happens? Don't doctors take sexual histories for things like that? Don't they say "you probably got this from [time/person], you should contact them"? Why are they pretending this is unheard of?

It's literally protocol when someone has an sti, try and figure out where they probably got it and make sure everyone possibly exposed is informed. Doubly so when it's something like HIV.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Weatherman posted:

Finally caught up 300-odd pages of this thread and my takeaway is "you guys are still in lockdown?!"

I’m trying to figure out what country you’re from that this makes sense

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m trying to figure out what country you’re from that this makes sense

New Zealand maybe? Or Taiwan.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone have that (tumblr?) post where someone claimed to have run a sub-4-minute mile after doing nothing but sit on their couch for months, and when pressed claimed it was just pent up energy?

vv: :h:

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Dec 10, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

Reminds me of that woman claiming to run a 4 minute mile. Just grabbing a shovel and digging themselves deeper.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Avoiding Parler because you think it's a Jewish conspiracy is a new one.

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1336913536988155905?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

New Zealand maybe? Or Taiwan.

Sulphur Crested Cockatoo avatar kind of says :australia:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Inceltown posted:

Sulphur Crested Cockatoo avatar kind of says :australia:

Nah it's NZ. I need to update my avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Weatherman posted:

Nah it's NZ. I need to update my avatar.

Maybe a kiwi? They are adorable birbs.