Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Phillip K Dick’s Top 15 IoT gifts for the Holidays

10 ways you can get your washing machine to buy speed on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I feel this way about Alan Moore's Jerusalem. I found a hard copy at a thrift store a couple of years ago and it literally ways as much as a brick.

I picked this up and it’s good but it’s extremely alan moore and it just keeps introducing new characters and giving them 100 pages of backstory, sometimes the same backstory as another character whose backstory you just read

the version I got is 3 volumes and I finished the first and like 5 actual things happen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex posted:

I picked this up and it’s good but it’s extremely alan moore and it just keeps introducing new characters and giving them 100 pages of backstory, sometimes the same backstory as another character whose backstory you just read

the version I got is 3 volumes and I finished the first and like 5 actual things happen

One of my coworkers borrowed it a while back and gave it back to me a week later saying it was like reading a more convoluted version of "From Hell".

I think i'm like 1/4th of the way through and the only portion I can remember is about the stone mason who interacts with god.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i finished narcos mexico. tried money heist, but it's not very good and apparently never actually gets to the next heist or whatever (from looking at episode synopses). so i'm probably gonna watch le cercle rouge or something like that next

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

👏 more 👏 dead 👏 sf 👏 author 👏 influencers 👏

next up here's kurt vonnegut to tell us about OneBlade razors

the razor of champions

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

Ursula K. Leggins

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

10 ways you can get your washing machine to buy speed on the internet

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Top post on Instagram: "these are the electric sheep you've been dreaming of" by Philip k Dick

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*watching an episode of the Boys* why the gently caress isn't anyone wearing seatbelts. this show is unrealistic

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Top post on Instagram: "these are the electric sheep you've been dreaming of" by Philip k Dick

mystes
May 31, 2006

If only he had read his own tips.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
dick's tips

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

so i'm probably gonna watch le cercle rouge or something like that next
do it, it's great

just finished both s4 of Fargo and s3 of True Detective, and can't say enough good things about TD. so worth the wait.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Ursula K. Leggins

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I feel seen.

:(

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZti8QKBWPo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
whoa christopher lloyd

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

in theaters only? hard pass.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

john wick but with a kitty cat bracelet instead of a dog

I'm on board

indigi posted:

in theaters only? hard pass.

i didn't really do theaters before covid, waiting for streaming is fine with me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i really like bob odenkirk, but lol that looks like someone straight up did a find and replace on john wick 11 or whatever the gently caress number they're up to now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

John Wick ft Bob Odenkirk looks pretty neat.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

infernal machines posted:

i really like bob odenkirk, but lol that looks like someone straight up did a find and replace on john wick 11 or whatever the gently caress number they're up to now

it's worse cause it doesn't have any of the magical realism stuff that makes John Wick fun (also cmon he's just not nearly as good at action as Keanu)

mystes
May 31, 2006

John Wick movies are like if someone $50 million on an episode of a CW show.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
star wars Star Wars STAR WARS STAR WARS

quote:

Disney Plus is getting two new Star Wars shows, both spinoffs of The Mandalorian: Rangers of the New Republic and Ahsoka. The three shows are planned to feature crossovers in the future, too
Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an animated series about the Bad Batch of clones from The Clone Wars, will debut exclusively on Disney Plus
Star Wars: Andor starring Rogue One’s Diego Luna is coming to Disney Plus in 2022
The Acolyte, a new Star Wars series helmed by Russian Doll creator Leslye Headland, set in the “High Republic” era of the franchise, is coming to Disney Plus
Hayden Christensen is returning as Darth Vader in Obi-Wan Kenobi
A Droid Story, a new project for Disney Plus, will feature a new hero alongside R2-D2 and C-3PO
Star Wars: Lando is a new ‘event series’ coming to Disney Plus
Star Wars: Visions is an upcoming anime anthology series coming to Disney Plus
Wonder Woman 1984’s Patty Jenkins will be directing the next Star Wars movie, Rogue Squadron, due out in December 2023.
Disney also discussed the untitled Taika Waititi Star Wars movie, first announced in May, that had already been in development
guess that mandalorian show was a hit huh

also announced: a zillion marvel and pixar projects

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/22167976/disney-investor-day-2020-biggest-announcements-plus-marvel-star-wars-pixar-animation

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i might watch rogue squadron if it's like top gun in space.

gently caress all the rest of that poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FMguru posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/22167976/disney-investor-day-2020-biggest-announcements-plus-marvel-star-wars-pixar-animation

this is gonna suck but its such a good idea from disney given how theaters are gonna die and with it goes the $2 bil blockbuster. instead of a few huge budget movies, you make a bunch of smaller budget shows that in the past would have been low/mid budget movies. lower risk across the board and higher efficiencies from shared production and distribution.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"oh, jj wants to shoot on location? nah, we got the video game projector room"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

Notably, Tatiana Maslany will play the lead role in She-Hulk, with Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner also set to appear,
I'm down with that

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

i might watch rogue squadron if it's like top gun in space.

gently caress all the rest of that poo poo

this is goose leader

goose squadron on final approach

switch poo poo-foils to attack position

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm holding out for xwing vs tie fighter the movie.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm holding out for xwing vs tie fighter the lifestyle.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FMguru posted:

every single one of those star wars is going to have some kind of mandalorian bounty hunter supporting character

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i will say those logos are very 1990s star wars video game

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Shaggar posted:

i will say those logos are very 1990s star wars video game

I thought it was a fan photoshop and/or parody.

Partly because my dyslexic-rear end brain read it as The Bad Bitch and thought maybe it was a gag based around Samuel L Jackson playing a character in The Star War.

Which actually sounds better than the real thing tbh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there is a Samuel L Jackson Star Wars character but they’d have to call it “the bad motherfucker”

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

every single one of those star wars is going to have some kind of mandalorian bounty hunter supporting character

dave filloni is pretty much the king of star wars now and he has has a mandalorian shaped priapism for 20 years so yeah

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
there was a serial killer in edmonton who really liked star wars and would cosplay star wars and transformers and that's why I've only ever been to one anime convention ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

I'm holding out for xwing vs tie fighter the movie.

im looking forward to more bounty hunter stories, like shadows of the empire: ig-88 where a walking mic stand with an actual heart of gold hauls in rebel scum