Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kennel posted:

Last panel: Cassidy arrives: "Sorry for being late. I was visiting my grandma."

Tbh I would not be surprised if we get a fake magical girl show up from Goops sometime, or like a mind controlled one or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Or one who is secretly A Robot

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ironic Twist posted:

Or one who is secretly A Robot

Listen As much as Mary Cagle wants to, she can't save penny from rwby

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Stormgale posted:

Listen As much as Mary Cagle wants to, she can't save penny from rwby

Hey, 42 isn’t a robot anymore, someone else needs to fill the quota

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Fuuuuck.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

That is uh, not how I expected that conversation to start.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This is fine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh no.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
So she can manifest the words directly rather than finger painting them like I thought. That theory she is part of the barrier is gaining some points

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Aww, Tessa's making friends!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

goops pulling up a chair: so tell me about your problems, what is up

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

rannum posted:

goops pulling up a chair: so tell me about your problems, what is up

"Some creepy monster killed all my friends"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Twibbit posted:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Twibbit posted:

"Yeah, that's how those monsters act. Always indiscriminately killing anyone not on their side. Do you trust your so called friend?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 10, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Twibbit posted:

So she can manifest the words directly rather than finger painting them like I thought. That theory she is part of the barrier is gaining some points
So let me brainstorm a bit here. The Barrier keeps monsters out during the day but at night only offers protection to buildings at night and it's not perfect since the walls can still be breached. Is the theory that the barrier is the product of the same entity that grants magical girls power, and she enters her own "rest" period at night which is why the barrier gets scaled down? If yes, could it be that Goops is a sort of nightmare that is able to escape this entities subconscious and interact with the world at night time? It would help explain how Goops is able to phase through matter, or rather, move along the barrier that gets laid out over every surface. Teleportation of creatures would also make sense since they just get transferred along the shield membrane.

My memory of the earlier chapters is spotty, but outside of crank calling HP, has Goops antagonized anyone during the daytime?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh good, it’s our worst fears confirmed!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tenebrais posted:

Badeline avatar appropriate but not entirely appropriate

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Just pallin' around with the murder goop monster, great times all around, only good things can come of this

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tenebrais posted:

They have so much in common! They both wear purple and are responsible for Team Alchemical's deaths.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

Oh good, it’s our worst fears confirmed!

I'd have been amazed if it didn't go this direction.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hope we get another intersitial that's just anemone trying to keep a strong face on as this happens

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Goops has got her own dark magical girl school a town over.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

TheHan posted:

Goops has got her own dark magical girl school a town over.

Cassidy actually transferred over there; she found the curriculum was a cut above the regular school.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kennel posted:

They have so much in common! They both wear purple and are responsible for Team Alchemical's deaths.

:iceburn:

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Ashcans posted:

Cassidy actually transferred over there; she found the curriculum was a cut above the regular school.

BOOOOOOOOOOO

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Brought To You By posted:

So let me brainstorm a bit here. The Barrier keeps monsters out during the day but at night only offers protection to buildings at night and it's not perfect since the walls can still be breached. Is the theory that the barrier is the product of the same entity that grants magical girls power, and she enters her own "rest" period at night which is why the barrier gets scaled down? If yes, could it be that Goops is a sort of nightmare that is able to escape this entities subconscious and interact with the world at night time? It would help explain how Goops is able to phase through matter, or rather, move along the barrier that gets laid out over every surface. Teleportation of creatures would also make sense since they just get transferred along the shield membrane.

My memory of the earlier chapters is spotty, but outside of crank calling HP, has Goops antagonized anyone during the daytime?

This theory makes a lot of sense.

Goops implied that Undine had done something to make Goops hate her that she didn't remember. The kids don't remember The Dream, so it's entirely possible that whatever Undine supposedly did happened in her Dream, when she met the entity in question.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Sundae posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOO

She’s just a girl who prefers a school that doesn’t resort to half measures

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kennel posted:

:vince:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Greatly appreciating these Cassidy puns.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Bussamove posted:

Greatly appreciating these Cassidy puns.

They're certainly a cut above.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This theory makes a lot of sense.

Goops implied that Undine had done something to make Goops hate her that she didn't remember. The kids don't remember The Dream, so it's entirely possible that whatever Undine supposedly did happened in her Dream, when she met the entity in question.

My dumb personal theory is that its not actually personal; Goops just hates all magical girls. But it IS personal because Undine is a magical girl.

Hatred doesn't have to make sense.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Unlucky7 posted:

My dumb personal theory is that its not actually personal; Goops just hates all magical girls. But it IS personal because Undine is a magical girl.

Hatred doesn't have to make sense.

This is how I've always taken it. Undine was going to die without being able to remember what magical girls really are and why that would mean goops would hate them. But Undine takes it personally (understandably) and that leads to her being very cautious about sharing the info.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Goops is winning the war on magical girls by default, because she's staying the same strength or even getting stronger while her main adversary is growing weaker over time.

Undine was the one that got away, so going to be more of a focus for Goops to take down. But she's not in a real hurry because as it stands she's going to get her girl.

Goops being entirely wrong and Undine setting up a successful resistance to the growing power isn't something that'd crosses Goops' mind.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Goops is also probably reveling in the irony that the ex magical girl she is (probably) turning into a dark magical girl is the super powerful one that foiled her plans to kill a whole team by not being there when she attacked them and then when she did show up she saved one girl and absolutely murked elevator guy. And now she’s powerless and extremely vulnerable.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thing is, Tess doesn't have any magic anymore, so if she becomes a dark magical girl Goops will have to give her new powers. Undine has both Tess's power and her own, so when she learns how to use it (like the finger gun), she'll be even more powerful than Tess was. So whatever Goops turns Tess into probably won't be a match for Undine in the end.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I assumed that if/when she gets in Tesses head she'll give her a goopy version of the Dream. Or a Nightmare, I guess. And since Goops doesn't play by the same rules her counterpart does whatever she'll give is way more potent.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Tess will be brought back to the light, mark my words

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Unlike certain other people Goops actually puts in the effort to communicate!

(artist is Krekalie on the Discord)

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
That one's gonna leave a mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't believe Bud is loving dead.