Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i think I like enterprise a lot more having seen and hated discovery and picard

it looks like star trek, and even though it is whatever and not great, I just kind of like it

https://i.imgur.com/WrLEHSW.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
gremlins 3 lookin' good

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Syncopation has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Mar 22, 2023

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Literally all I know about Enterprise is the theme music and there's a beagles; so i figure it's about fifty fifty

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Egg Moron posted:

i think I like enterprise a lot more having seen and hated discovery and picard

it looks like star trek, and even though it is whatever and not great, I just kind of like it

https://i.imgur.com/WrLEHSW.mp4

I never watched Enterprise (originally dropped out of Trek partway through Voyager’s run), but the little preview bit on Netflix, where the guys are watching this new technology, the transporter, in use and discussing how live trials begin soon, got my interest. I’d definitely be simultaneously talking with horror about how dumb the proposed human application was on the future’s equivalent of SA, while champing at the bit to give it a go.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Star Trek Beyond was good and Star Trek Into Darkness never happened.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MoaM posted:

Yes, I'm aware.

I guess I meant to say "it's incredible to me that they would need underwater filming to continue the story"; everything about the Avatar sequels seems out there and zany.

You realise the movies p much exist as excuses for that kind of thing

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I'm watching north by northwest for the first time. is this the first time the cia were ever portrayed as the bad guys? it's certainly the earliest example I can think of

also, they attempt to cover up an assassination by pinning it on a lone nut assassin who is accused via false photographic evidence... 4 years before jfk's killing 👁

also, this is one of the horniest movies I've ever seen, even by modern standards. Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint meet on a train and within 5 seconds they are ready to gently caress

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Aglet56 posted:

also, this is one of the horniest movies I've ever seen, even by modern standards. Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint meet on a train and within 5 seconds they are ready to gently caress

oh yeah, the final shot is a train rocketing into a tunnel.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/UptwnHoyaG/status/1336479279719337987?s=20

holy poo poo this is a must-watch

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

excited for white critics to fall over themselves to find excuses to hate this movie (but they're not racist they swear)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

hard to explain what I mean exactly but this is the first time I have seen a trailer in forever where I am left with the impression that it is actually for a movie

like the way I would feel many years ago seeing a trailer and being like "ah yes, that is for an upcoming film"

instead of like "ah, yes, that is part of a business plan"

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 14:28 on Dec 10, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Big news for nerds
https://twitter.com/TheSWU/status/1336839301422833665?s=19

I hope it is just a tv show that is good. :unsmith:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ok y'all who gave Taylor Swift a bad feeling to write another album about?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!

Mr Hootington posted:

Big news for nerds
https://twitter.com/TheSWU/status/1336839301422833665?s=19

I hope it is just a tv show that is good. :unsmith:

they're going to hit gold when they push this poo poo so hard they discover people will pay them not to release more star wars media

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
star wars gonna outpace the final fantasy series

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Star Wars could do with TV shows that aren’t about Jedi. Fighter pilots, soldiers or smuggler scoundrels. The wizards with laser swords aren’t as fun now that they made it apparent that it’s all hereditary instead of random and mysterious as the Force seems.

It’s going to be High Republic, probably. The general audience wants to see and hear more laser swords.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
we're getting a new prequel trilogy and shifting 1-9 to 4-12

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kingdom Hearts IV+ VI/XI Chain of Memories now with Star Wars characters

(that's Four and Six-Elevenths, but Roman Numerals because Star Wars)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!

Eox posted:

star wars gonna outpace the final fantasy series

square should have known a final fantasy movie was a mistake. the star wars films are already final fantasy movies.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
If we see more Jedi poo poo, I better not see over the top powers. The self-projection thing from VIII was cool in a wizard trick kind of way even if it killed you. Then they hosed up by doing it again and doing stupidly strong Force Lightning and Raise Dead in IX.

But the best time the Force was implied in the new movies was that dude in Rogue One walking past the crossfire. No visible power. Just an uncertain scene of whether he was lucky or the Force really did guide him.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Jesus Christ I just remembered when you could Force Pull an entire Imperial Destroyer out of the sky in The Force Unleashed. That was really stupid and the worst way to try to do something cool.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I liked the dude from the Jedi Knight games who was keeping his body together and himself alive solely on malice and the force

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!
it would be kind of interesting if they really stuck to the idea that the jedi and sith at the core of the films we see are the apex of power of both religions. so there might be all sorts of unique and powerful force users before and after, but ultimately none of it is really more powerful than what luke, vader, and p-daddy could do

Serf
May 5, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Jesus Christ I just remembered when you could Force Pull an entire Imperial Destroyer out of the sky in The Force Unleashed. That was really stupid and the worst way to try to do something cool.

nah that poo poo owned because it was fun as hell. but it was also super stupid. imo the game should have ended with a cut to a drunken stormtrooper retelling the story and clearly bullshitting the whole time

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

I guess spike lee heard the criticisms of black kkklansman lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

The next few years are going to be Disney getting high off the success of a Star Wars only to completely crash and panic when they release something that gets moderate criticism and throw away all consistency for another baby bottle in the form of callbacks and nostalgia.

They wanted to do so many movies and shows until The Last Jedi and Solo got flack. Now they might do it again after The Mandalorian kept people’s minds off the nonsense they did for Rise of Skywalker.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lib and let die posted:

I liked the dude from the Jedi Knight games who was keeping his body together and himself alive solely on malice and the force

kotor 2 had the only good hyperpowerful force users because they were basically elder gods who'd given up their humanity

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

If anything, Disney is just like George Lucas who did the same thing when people got mad over Empire Strikes Back ending with a downer. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, etc.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This looks cool but will definitely have a bad apples message in the end. Spike Lee isn't boots riley

Serf
May 5, 2011

i read up on it, and this movie was done in 2019 but isn't gonna be released until 2021. it has absolutely poo poo reviews, but most of them don't touch on the film and are instead about how the director's a rapist

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
wtf is High Republic, are they doing an entire movie about what if Yoda was 6ft tall and he smoked weed?

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Serf posted:

i read up on it, and this movie was done in 2019 but isn't gonna be released until 2021. it has absolutely poo poo reviews, but most of them don't touch on the film and are instead about how the director's a rapist

oh wait, this flick is directed by nate Parker (of birth of a nation fame) and only exec produced by spike lee? yeah 😬

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

grate deceiver posted:

wtf is High Republic, are they doing an entire movie about what if Yoda was 6ft tall and he smoked weed?

Something like Old Republic but the Jedi are at an all time high instead of near extinction again, I believe.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Aglet56 posted:

oh wait, this flick is directed by nate Parker (of birth of a nation fame) and only exec produced by spike lee? yeah 😬

Hype killed instantly, wow.

Serf
May 5, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Something like Old Republic but the Jedi are at an all time high instead of near extinction again, I believe.

yeah its 400 years before the lucas movies, so they can have nothing but more boring jedi bullshit and not confront what the movies were about

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Serf posted:

yeah its 400 years before the lucas movies, so they can have nothing but more boring jedi bullshit and not confront what the movies were about

Not even the new movies know what they are about because their one attempt to challenge the Jedi way was pretty much bleached as soon as Disney panicked about less box office money. Rise of Skywalker’s big goal should have been to help the audience digest what happened last time and carry on but Disney forcefed them ipecac in as soon as the first line of the opening scroll.

Serf
May 5, 2011

just found out there's already a high republic book coming out on january 5th literally called "light of the jedi" lmao

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Disney would have made Yoda say to Luke that Darth Vader was not really his dad and it was a Sith Force Trick to break his spirit. And then tell him his grandpa is Palpatine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1337058491119271938?s=20