Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
https://twitter.com/MacRumors/status/1337000967703687169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
neat. for only 6x the price i can buy an iphone that lays flat

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

that squealing sound we’re all hearing the world over is coming from John Gruber

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 10, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

neat. for only 6x the price i can buy an iphone that lays flat

Will it? Does it have an edge around the whole body as thick as the ones around the lenses and logo?

Otherwise it seems like this just shifts the point of inclination from the bottom-most lens to the bottom of the logo.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

gross

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
How much for one with a fragment of his cancerous pancreas?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hope I'm not the only one who briefly wondered why a food delivery app would do that

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

his biography mentions he had a huge pile of shirts in his closet from when he had looked at employee uniform ideas in the 80s (not the shirt, but same designer), so he just wore them as an outfit for years

this is probably one little square of dozens of shirts that sat in the pile

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

for sale: jobs shirt, never worn

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

his biography mentions he had a huge pile of shirts in his closet from when he had looked at employee uniform ideas in the 80s (not the shirt, but same designer), so he just wore them as an outfit for years

this is probably one little square of dozens of shirts that sat in the pile

he has issey miyaki make them custom like 20 at a time

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

qirex posted:

make them custom [...] 20 at a time

:crossarms:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

How much for one with a fragment of his cancerous pancreas?

it should be pretty cheap. the entire point of cancer is that it doesnt stop growing!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

it should be pretty cheap. the entire point of cancer is that it doesnt stop growing!

let me just go to the lab and clip off a bit of our StJo line

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

haveblue posted:

let me just go to the lab and clip off a bit of our StJo line

legitimately surprised there isn’t a market for celebrity cancer cultures (as opposed to celebrity cancel cultures)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
my mac mini showed up. it's a mac

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

my mac mini showed up. it's a mac

have sex with it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if you try and put mashed banana up the lightning port stebe will grant you three wishes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jesus christ

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
i love that homebrew now requires you to maintain a full clone of their repo to use it at all. and since every operation wants to check for updates to homebrew first, it's super slow and everything takes forever now.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Doc Block posted:

i love that homebrew now requires you to maintain a full clone of their repo to use it at all. and since every operation wants to check for updates to homebrew first, it's super slow and everything takes forever now.

loving the avatar

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

all I need is python and node for terrible backend code poo poo and they just ship .pkg files that install things sanely, no package manager required. i get it if you need thousands of dumb little utilities but I bet most people could get by without it’s nonsense. having to fix its broken poo poo after every update got tiring

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Crime on a Dime posted:

loving the avatar
doc bawk

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Granite Octopus posted:

all I need is python and node for terrible backend code poo poo and they just ship .pkg files that install things sanely, no package manager required. i get it if you need thousands of dumb little utilities but I bet most people could get by without it’s nonsense. having to fix its broken poo poo after every update got tiring

i use enough utilities that having something to manage their dependencies, updates, etc. is worth it

the change to requiring you have a deep clone of the core and cask repos instead of a shallow one was apparently requested by Github, since having to create a unique diff for each user each time they run "brew update" was taking a lot of CPU time on their servers. still, annoying.

edit: apparently the slowness i was experiencing was either a network problem or something on Github's end. it's slower than when it was a shallow repo clone, but whatever was making it take several minutes has gone away for now.

edit 2, edit boogaloo:

Crime on a Dime posted:

loving the avatar

me too, thanks! wish i could take credit for it, but somebody else made it. no idea who, though. the mysterious awesome avatar gifter has yet to come forward.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 11, 2020

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
edit: whoops, double post!!!

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 11, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
doc bawk dat rear end up

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
doc bawk
chicken chicken
doc bawk
chicken cloaca

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hey doc

stop all the editin'

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Doc Block posted:

i use enough utilities that having something to manage their dependencies, updates, etc. is worth it

the change to requiring you have a deep clone of the core and cask repos instead of a shallow one was apparently requested by Github, since having to create a unique diff for each user each time they run "brew update" was taking a lot of CPU time on their servers. still, annoying.

edit: apparently the slowness i was experiencing was either a network problem or something on Github's end. it's slower than when it was a shallow repo clone, but whatever was making it take several minutes has gone away for now.

edit 2, edit boogaloo:

me too, thanks! wish i could take credit for it, but somebody else made it. no idea who, though. the mysterious awesome avatar gifter has yet to come forward.

This guy has the same av so I'd look at places you post in common

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=MasterShakeman

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

hey doc

stop all the editin'

they see me editin’
they hatin’
scrollin’ and tryna catch me postin’ dirty

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i just got the low end M1 macbook air (8gb ram, 256gb disk) and holy hell the battery claims are legit. i didn't even take out the charger out of the box yet. also, running the iphone simulator without noticing any impact is weird.

anyways when did apple start putting the headphone port on the right? that's literally the worst place for it if you are right-handed.
also is there any way to change the hardware keyboard shortcuts? i don't like do-not-disturb being accidentally-clickable. i'd rather use the button for dark mode.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Are right-handed people even allowed to use the creative's workstation?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

anyways when did apple start putting the headphone port on the right? that's literally the worst place for it if you are right-handed.

finally y’all get your comeuppance

mystes
May 31, 2006

mediaphage posted:

legitimately surprised there isn’t a market for celebrity cancer cultures (as opposed to celebrity cancel cultures)
That's probably because we already have a celebrity cancer culture.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

count yourself lucky they still put one anywhere

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

also is there any way to change the hardware keyboard shortcuts? i don't like do-not-disturb being accidentally-clickable. i'd rather use the button for dark mode.

yes, there’s a thing in settings that will turn them back into useful function keys

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mystes posted:

That's probably because we already have a celebrity cancer culture.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

is the headphone port where the magic blues tooth waves are fed into my AirPods Pro max?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i was gonna buy an iphone se as a secondary phone but i noticed that the 12 mini was a bit discounted and its quite a bit better so i up-sold myself to buying it and replacing my x instead. congrats tim

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I still enjoy using my iPhone XR. Thanks Timb.

The phone receiver broke on my wife's XR three days after warrantee and now she has to have all of her phone conversations on speakerphone. Thanks Timb.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

poty posted:

i was gonna buy an iphone se as a secondary phone but i noticed that the 12 mini was a bit discounted and its quite a bit better so i up-sold myself to buying it and replacing my x instead. congrats tim

what colour did you get op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I still enjoy using my iPhone XR. Thanks Timb.

The phone receiver broke on my wife's XR three days after warrantee and now she has to have all of her phone conversations on speakerphone. Thanks Timb.

too bad they dont make portable speakers for your ears