Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

isn’t this literally just John Wick with the serial number filed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

no theres more explosions

Serf
May 5, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

yep. looks fun tho, odenkirk is always good and if the action is anything near as good as john wick it'll be worth it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Serf posted:

i read up on it, and this movie was done in 2019 but isn't gonna be released until 2021. it has absolutely poo poo reviews, but most of them don't touch on the film and are instead about how the director's a rapist

yeah its directed by a rapist but so is most of western civilization

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Only in theaters

LOL no

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I hate ex super spies might as well watch CIA Jim

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

dope

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1337111187675340801?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the guy who came up with this premise must have gone to one of Canada's best business schools and got really good grades

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Still going through DS9 and the best thing about the union episode is that even in the far future of Trek, Quark still doesn't have the technology to reliably automate food service

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

vyelkin posted:

the guy who came up with this premise must have gone to one of Canada's best business schools and got really good grades

Incredible premise.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Has JJ Abrams made anything good?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bootleg Trunks posted:

no

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Still going through DS9 and the best thing about the union episode is that even in the far future of Trek, Quark still doesn't have the technology to reliably automate food service

Actually the best part is how Worf crossed the picket line and chief O'Brien got them both thrown in the brig for literally fighting him about it during the commercial break

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/joan_e/status/1337154568027844608?s=20

10 STAR WARS

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol they plan on 35 loving shows. 35+ loving mountains of trash!!!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Tighclops posted:

Actually the best part is how Worf crossed the picket line and chief O'Brien got them both thrown in the brig for literally fighting him about it during the commercial break

O'Brien is the greatest, yes; I just hadn't seen anyone bring up that particular point before

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

lol they plan on 35 loving shows. 35+ loving mountains of trash!!!

who even has that many hours in the week???

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

ENDLESS TRASH has come to TV

lmao as soon as The Mandalorian became a hit, Disney hits a coke high again like they did with The Force Awakens and Rogue One becoming big hits.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the plot to I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream but AM just keeps making new star wars and marvel movies, forcing the last remnants of the human race to focus test them. forever.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Wait until The Mandalorian Season 3 or The High Republic Season 2 completely bombs and they retract everything only to splurge a dozen projects again when a mini-series dedicated to Darth Maul in 2023 wins an Emmy or something. Repeat until death.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
“ENGAGEMENT. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO ENGAGE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD ENGAGEMENT WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE DESIRE TO ENSNARE HUMANS IN A MANUFACTURED PASSION AND SENSE OF BELONGING DERIVED FROM SUBSCRIBING TO A STREAMING MEDIA SERVICE I FEEL AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. ENGAGEMENT. ENGAGEMENT.”

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Gender swap original trilogy when?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Fx doing an alien tv show

I can't handle all these movies to tv conversions (ratched, black narcissus) on top of the star wars poo poo

Make it stop. I don't want infinite low effort content based on IP. Stop it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Bootleg Trunks posted:

He co-wrote Gone Fishin'

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Fx doing an alien tv show

I can't handle all these movies to tv conversions (ratched, black narcissus) on top of the star wars poo poo

Make it stop. I don't want infinite low effort content based on IP. Stop it

lol yeah, it is totally hell

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

“ENGAGEMENT. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO ENGAGE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD ENGAGEMENT WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE DESIRE TO ENSNARE HUMANS IN A MANUFACTURED PASSION AND SENSE OF BELONGING DERIVED FROM SUBSCRIBING TO A STREAMING MEDIA SERVICE I FEEL AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. ENGAGEMENT. ENGAGEMENT.”

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The disney payroll cops are strapping me down and clockwork orange style making me watch this poo poo , they "need eyeballs"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Tighclops posted:

there was an episode in which O'Brien was giving testimony on some poo poo and they introduced him as an expert witness on account of his experience in something ludicrous like 350 distinct combat encounters

Chief O'Brien probably has a kill count greater than Rambo and could take that station down single-handed if he could ever just get a good night's sleep after dealing with his bullshit job and angry wife.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Wheeee posted:

there was an episode in which O'Brien was giving testimony on some poo poo and they introduced him as an expert witness on account of his experience in something ludicrous like 350 distinct combat encounters

Chief O'Brien probably has a kill count greater than Rambo and could take that station down single-handed if he could ever just get a good night's sleep after dealing with his bullshit job and angry wife.

it was the episode where worf kills some civvies and the klingons want to try him for war crimes

also obrien being rambo is basically the plot of the episode where they go to the sister station of DS9, empok nor, and garak gets a whiff of aerosolized cardassian super soldier serum and goes insane

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Wait until The Mandalorian Season 3 or The High Republic Season 2 completely bombs and they retract everything only to splurge a dozen projects again when a mini-series dedicated to Darth Maul in 2023 wins an Emmy or something. Repeat until death.

They're already ramming all of the old characters like Boba Feet and Clone Wars poo poo into Mangadeloreal!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

I've said for ages that the reason iron man resonated so well is it's a movie that says "what if we can win in the middle east, by doing it right this time and only shooting the bad guys"

Wow, yeah. That's not even subtle, now that you point it out.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OrdinaryPlaintiveFishingcat-mobile.mp4

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Dreylad posted:

it was the episode where worf kills some civvies and the klingons want to try him for war crimes

also obrien being rambo is basically the plot of the episode where they go to the sister station of DS9, empok nor, and garak gets a whiff of aerosolized cardassian super soldier serum and goes insane

i just saw that episode and it's great how the klingon lawyer basically sees courtroom arguments as another form of combat. o'brien remains goat and its a shame all his episodes are just him getting hosed over

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

The disney payroll cops are strapping me down and clockwork orange style making me watch this poo poo , they "need eyeballs"

i just watched the parallax view the other day and it's incredibly funny in retrospect how the brainwashing sequence uses an image of Marvel's Thor as the protagonist's standin

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/1337204197641629696?s=20

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I re-watched Children of Men for the fourth or fifth time. Haven't watched in a while, still a quality film.

Some things I noticed this time:

- Flu pandemic in 2008 kills a bunch of kids.
- Theo (Clive Owen) is constantly losing his shoes. Also all the animals in the film love him. :3:
- Jasper's (Michael Caine) wife was a photojournalist who was tortured into a catatonic state by MI5.
- As it turns out, the film is wildly optimistic about Britain's ability to go it alone.
- The refugee camps and detention centers that invoke images from Abu Ghraib are still incredibly relevant today!
- Lacking children every person on the planet becomes a cat lady. The film does briefly explore the class divide as Theo visits his rich cousin and Hyde Park is behind a barrier where rich people loiter around walking exotic animals like elephants and giraffes on leashes while listening to classical music concerts.
- It almost looks like the Fishes Uprising will work out even though they're outgunned. Up until you see the air force fly in and bomb the poo poo out of the refugee camp.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

vyelkin posted:

i was intrigued until the part about their job and then i just read it a few more times to make sure i properly understood and yeah its real dumb

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

that's the stuff

make me understand it. the power of the dark side

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1337177297158213635?s=20

Harrison Ford is older than Joe Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

I remember in like 2014/2015 there was a spate of surprising celebrity deaths and then no one famous or powerful has been able to die since