Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Man the last Oscar special was sooo loving good, greggs joker tribute montage, “the joker strikes again!!!”, etc. I hope they find a way to put together a special this year, assuming Oscar himself will need to cancel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

#OurOscars

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tetramin posted:

Man the last Oscar special was sooo loving good, greggs joker tribute montage, “the joker strikes again!!!”, etc. I hope they find a way to put together a special this year, assuming Oscar himself will need to cancel

This would be the best case if the Oscar's did nothing and Gregg puts on his own Oscars. gently caress where's the patreon this needs to get funded.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

pixaal posted:

This would be the best case if the Oscar's did nothing and Gregg puts on his own Oscars. gently caress where's the patreon this needs to get funded.

Gregg doesn’t have a great track record regarding his own Oscars...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

But that's just Mark in a coma spray painted gold

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
who is operating the camera and lights on this our cinema special holy poo poo hahaha

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

derp posted:

who is operating the camera and lights on this our cinema special holy poo poo hahaha

It's supposed to be about movies and understanding them better not showing off how much money your set cost.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Salt Fish posted:

It's supposed to be about movies and understanding them better not showing off how much money your set cost.

:hmmyes:
film buff spotted

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
rewatching the first oscar special and tim was absolutely losing it and disguising it as 'pain in his finger' while gregg was going on about the massive write in campaign the hobbit would receive to win all these awards it wasn't nominated for

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Tim: destroying Gregg's videotapes since 2013

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The longer-form stuff they do like the oscar specials and the trial are just incredible. On the last special I deadass thought that they were going to end the show by killing everyone off and I thought that would be a really funny way to end it (but I'm glad they didn't). I should go through all the Oscer specials again to get my fix.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Dracula Factory posted:

The longer-form stuff they do like the oscar specials and the trial are just incredible. On the last special I deadass thought that they were going to end the show by killing everyone off and I thought that would be a really funny way to end it (but I'm glad they didn't). I should go through all the Oscer specials again to get my fix.

I really was convinced too, Gregg killing Tim and taking everyone else with would’ve been an incredible ending

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Tim has picked back up in character on Twitter and claims to be about to drop major HEI INC news.

edit: holy poo poo:
https://heinetwork.tv/

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNA0D849V4

I anxiously await Joe "Money" Estevez's triumphant return to television.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
omg why are there minions hahahaha

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what a steal

Tim and Toni in the mornings will air every day from 6 am to 12pm so it's totally worth the money

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Anybody got a Parler account?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

derp posted:

what a steal

Tim and Toni in the mornings will air every day from 6 am to 12pm so it's totally worth the money

I’m a T3 (that’s slang for Tier-3).

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

only $599 for 5 bag Personal Responsibility? What a steal!

e:

:laffo:

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 11, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Anybody got a Parler account?

No but I'm on Updog

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tetramin posted:

I really was convinced too, Gregg killing Tim and taking everyone else with would’ve been an incredible ending

Tie it up with a trial that includes Tim as played by a pre-recorded dvd that Gregg transfers to VHS during a recess and destroys the dvd and gets into an argument with the judge that he didn't destroy evidence.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
The Our Cinema special is a hard watch, which is also why its hilarious. The light that they can't figure out what to do with, Mark knocking poo poo over, somebody playing MT BTL 2.0 and pissing Gregg off. All wrapped up in a bow of Gregg's "Well then, Jump!", which reminded me a lot of when Neil Hamburger had a call in show and would tell people to jump out of windows.

Also the Rick Alverson movies The Comedy (starring Tim) and Entertainment (starring Gregg) are on Criterion Channel if anyone has any interest in seeing them, though they aren't for most people, even most people that like very meta/confrontational humor. The Comedy seems like an indictment on dudes who became huge fans of Tim and Eric in college and are also fully irony poisoned, starring Tim and Eric. Entertainment is mostly Gregg as a Neil Hamburger type being extremely depressed while touring the desert. I enjoyed them, The Comedy is worth it just to imagine all the dudes who watched that movie thinking it was going to be the typical T&E affair and getting poo poo on by their heroes.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I went to a screening of The Comedy that had a live Q&A with Tim and Rick Alverson afterwards, and about half the questions were just people repeating their favorite lines from Awesome Show. Also some laughter at parts of the movie that definitely weren't meant to be funny. It was really uncomfortable

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the song 'little lamb' on tim's new album is apparently about those people "Oh little lamb, you've been following me so long, reminding me who I was and who I am, and who I am not anymore...."

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I haven't seen The Comedy but I saw Entertainment and it's interesting. Definitely has some great parts, I'll watch again. I remember it was a huge pain in the rear end to track down a digital copy legally in Canada. I like art house stuff, but I was surprised at how pretentious it came off at times because I didn't think Gregg would go in for that kind of thing. As I recall there's a lengthy, 2001-inspired psychedelic sequence towards the end? I think if you take that out it's a much better movie. It kind of hosed up the tone in my amateur film buff opinion.

e: Like, I kind of remember trying to figure out if they were imitating Godard or spoofing him at some point.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 12, 2020

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Entertainment is beautiful and incredibly bleak. The desert is always a good setting for these sorts of things, it's totally desolate but also really beautiful to look at.

But yeah, it gets kind of weird, compared to The Comedy anyway. They're both great though, I've been meaning to check out Alverson's most recent movie with Jeff Goldblum as a lobotomist in the 1950s. It's got the clown guy from Entertainment in it too.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Just remembered I downloaded the comedy a few days ago, I think I will watch it tonight.

I also just wound up on the HEI website again and am still laughing that the button for submitting an xposed tip says “send to la roux” lol

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Mister Money Himself Joe Estevez

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Where can I watch decker animated special?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I've been casually rewatching episodes and that slow push-in on Tim realizing how hosed he is when Toni is explaining the poo poo contract he has kills me every time. Then it immediately goes into his Charlie's Angels review.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

Also the Rick Alverson movies The Comedy (starring Tim) and Entertainment (starring Gregg) are on Criterion Channel if anyone has any interest in seeing them, though they aren't for most people, even most people that like very meta/confrontational humor. The Comedy seems like an indictment on dudes who became huge fans of Tim and Eric in college and are also fully irony poisoned, starring Tim and Eric. Entertainment is mostly Gregg as a Neil Hamburger type being extremely depressed while touring the desert. I enjoyed them, The Comedy is worth it just to imagine all the dudes who watched that movie thinking it was going to be the typical T&E affair and getting poo poo on by their heroes.

Definitely also recommend both The Comedy and Entertainment as at the very least being worth a watch, as long as you know not to expect T&E or On Cinema type stuff in them.

Also The Comedy is the genesis of On Cinema, as it's when Tim and Gregg came up with the idea and started recording the podcast on the set in between shoots.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUsRviInqn4

Dr. San laughing at several points, notably at gregg doing 3-d frankenstein

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

FunkyAl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUsRviInqn4

Dr. San laughing at several points, notably at gregg doing 3-d frankenstein

Lmao yeah he got a kick out of that but then shortly after we see

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
never gets old.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE
https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1339039998398656512?s=20

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

You can’t lose!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Calm down tom it's not like they wore a hat on set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://heinetwork.tv/hackers-possibly-responsible-for-influx-of-minions.php

"“It was very concerning to see how these hackers breached our servers and disrespectfully added Minions to the site without our permission” Webmaster Matt Newman, who initially built the site with his associate Chris had failed to install proper security matters and their future involvement with the site’s management is under review."