Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i miss dracula:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

i miss dracula:smith:

> The vampire screams.
The vampire breaks free.
The vampire falls to the ground.
The vampire screams.
The vampire falls.
The vampire falls. falls.
The vampire screams.
The vampire screams.
The vampire falls. falls.
The vampire screams
> do sick elbow drop on vampire

> > You throw vampire onto floor.
>You grab vampire by the throat.
>The vampire drops.
>BastleYou grab the vampire byThe vampire drops>The vampire screams.
The vampire screams
> finish off vampire

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

haha holy poo poo that's not the first time they've done that
https://twitter.com/current/status/1141459729505562626

didn’t the same agency do both brands?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
I need to buy Mr. Gerards new book. I have not been paying attention to the butts.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

qirex posted:

The names are so similar. I want to believe some poor guy didn't realize they were different companies when he did up the logo. "Cu, uh, Ca, uh.. whatever. That coin company wants a rebrand".

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

lol, i wonder who was salty enough to buy you pro-bitcoin redtext (seraph?)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
what a comedy of errors. i assume they’ll manage to get something out by dint of throwing resources at it but honestly even if you were interested in crypto in the first place the idea of using anything financial from facebook gives me the willies

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

EorayMel posted:

> finish off vampire

That's not the type of living assistance I signed up for!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

yep! three years apart

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Buttcoin.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

mediaphage posted:

what a comedy of errors. i assume they’ll manage to get something out by dint of throwing resources at it but honestly even if you were interested in crypto in the first place the idea of using anything financial from facebook gives me the willies

shhh, they rebranded. you're not supposed to know that anymore. it's a clean slate!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

KnifeWrench posted:

shhh, they rebranded. you're not supposed to know that anymore. it's a clean slate!

German finance minister Olaf Scholz to Facebook on their renaming of Libra: lol gfy

Mr.Radar posted:

lol, i wonder who was salty enough to buy you pro-bitcoin redtext (seraph?)

bitcoins will make Jeffrey a rich man, but after the purchase

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
https://www.home.saxo/content/articles/outrageous-predictions/blockchain-tech-kills-fake-news-08122020

quote:

The fake news industry is booming more than ever, polluting reliable news sources we have trusted for decades. The spread of disinformation is accelerated by algorithms that favour engagement, funnelling readers to extreme, attention-grabbing positions on blogs and biased new media outfits. Even worse, new developments in deep learning research have enabled the creation of realistic deep-fake images and videos, able to show politicians and other people in power saying things which they simply never said. This falsified and manipulated content is conquering the internet at a rapid pace, blurring the lines between what seems real and what is not. Working against this development, companies like Verizon and IBM are working on technologies to counter fake news with verification using a blockchain network.

In 2021, the mounting threat of disinformation and the erosion of trust in even well-established news providers reaches a critical level, demanding an industry response. Major media companies and social platforms are forced to impose new countermeasures against fabricated and misleading news. The enabling technology is a massive shared blockchain network for news content, which allows distribution of news in an immutable way with a validity check of both the content and the source. With a shared ledger structure, any content alterations would immediately be visible to everyone, and every news item is always traceable to its original source, suppressing misinformation that other sources can’t verify.

Companies like Twitter and Facebook invest heavily in this blockchain tech, motivated first and foremost by self-preservation as the threats of regulatory oversight we’ve seen in recent years become white hot. Alternative news sites peddling conspiracy theories like QAnon, disinformation about the coronavirus pandemic, falsified evidence of election fraud and more will suddenly become unavailable on major platforms. Reality wins, and echo chambers lose.

:laffo:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
what journalism really needs is for every story to be easily traced back to its exact source. that will definitely not endanger whistleblowers, and it will also definitely stop misinformation released by the white house press office. blockchain wins again!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lol @ any public/private key management that claims to scale beyond a few dozen nerds

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Chris Knight posted:

haha holy poo poo that's not the first time they've done that
https://twitter.com/current/status/1141459729505562626

tilde in a circle i know
i know
i know it’s serious

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

last minute gift idea

https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Display-Office-Decoration-Collectors/dp/B08NVP1PFM/ref=sr_1_92

quote:

Actual physical bitcoin with gold plating,well crafted tangible coin. Best designed bitcoin: double side, front is symbol "b" and back is circuit board.
This replica is not for actual Bitcoin currency and has no monetary value.
Authentic, Well made, Attractive, and Gold Plated Coins to add to any medallion collection.
Quality Protective Display case with stand that guarantees your Bitcoins or any cryptocurrency coin stays in Mint Condition.
Made from sturdy metal to acquire a modern, elegant, and unique stylish for your living room, shelf, or computer desk decoration. This digital currency is ideal for hobby coin collecting products.

best designed bitcoin is not for actual bitcoin currency and has no monetary value

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Cold-Storage-Securely-Cryptocurrencies/dp/B084MLSJ17/ref=bmx_7

quote:

Bitcoin Cold Storage Wallet - 1 Ounce 999 Pure Copper Bitcoin Coin - Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet for Securely Storing Crypto Offline - Un-hackable and Fire-Resistant Storage Device

【STATE OF THE ART BITCOIN WALLET】 Reinventing the way you store Bitcoin, our Cold Storage Coin is an innovative Bitcoin hardware cold storage solution with a unique wallet ID & matching private key QR code. In short: it stores your Bitcoin securely offline away from digital threats.
【SIMPLE PROCESS】 Our original Bitcoin wallet uses a simple method of transfer. 1. Scan the public key found on the reverse. 2. Enter any amount of BTC - large or small - authorize the transfer, and that's it!
【ULTRA RELIABLE STORAGE】 Your Cold Storage Coin is offline and made of pure copper. It can't be hacked. It has no moving parts, no lines of code, no circuits to fail. It's flood-safe, fire-resistant & deeply laser-etched, likely to retain its data for centuries.
【EASILY CHECK BALANCE】 You can use any paper wallet checker or the Cold Storage Coins app to view the current balance of your Cold Storage Coin. Our app even provides valuable manufacturing and security information for your coin, ensuring its authenticity!
【100% SATISFACTION】 Using top notch craftsmanship, pure copper and laser engraving, you are sure to love your digital crypto wallet. Makes a great gift for Bitcoin investors or crypto aficionados.

quote:

Question: What do you say to the criticism “coins with a pre-manufactured key are not good because the keys are already potentially compromised."

Answer: We say two things: first, when you use blockchain technology, you have to trust someone. It could be an online exchange, a hot wallet provider, or your friend down the street that is holding crypto for you. Whichever path you choose to go, there is going to be a risk, some greater than others. Even industry experts fall prey to hardware failures, scams, exchange hacks and the good old fashioned "i forgot my private key" disaster.

Second, our product is primarily designed for those that don't know - or maybe even care to know - what a key is! Cold Storage Coins make a great gift, for grandma, or your niece, or the new baby that won't utter the word "bitcoin" for years to come. There is NO easier way to OWN Bitcoin than our product - no two factor, no password, no recovery phrase, nothing - everything you need to redeem the asset in 5 or 50 years is deeply laser-etched on the coin. Lose it and it's gone for good. But keep it safe and you will have easy access to it in the future.

These concepts are explored in more detail in the Security Statement, which can be found on our website. Thanks for the good question and we welcome your feedback.
By Cold Storage Coins USA SELLER on December 8, 2020

we pinky swear that we won't steal your bitcoins honest

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lmao the reviews

quote:

Eugene Polak
1.0 out of 5 stars Totally Disapointed
Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2020
Verified Purchase
Did a test, deposited $20 in Bitcoin.Next peeled of back sticker and cleaned with WD -40. Tryed to send to my Coinbase Wallet, said it was an Invalid QR code. Tryed again with my Ballet wallet, which accepted the import. But paid $8.00 in transaction fees, Leaving $12.00 left Really??? WTF Now to send to the coinbase wallet was $2.00 more. Lost half my money. So is there a 40% fee to release the coin from the Cold Storage coin?? If so that’s BS. Give 1star just for Good Looks
20 people found this helpful

wait a minute, this actually sucks?!?

quote:

I received my coin today. Set it up. Unusual, but there wasn't a photo of the coin as it said there should be in the app -- instead an "image not found" error.

Everything else worked well. Manufacturing date and all were there.

I used the Public key to send money to the Coin from Coinbase (very easy) and Binance.US. Simply scanned the coin's public key.

After sending from Binance.US, about an hour later my $400 no longer shows up in the Coin App. It's zero.

Updated:
Wow! Great customer service and I contacted them over a non-issue. When you read my problem below, please be advised that the app sometimes cannot connect to the blockchain right away, so the app will show $0 due to a lack of connection. If that happens, just check back later. Your BitCoin will be there. For me, it took about an hour of freaking out.

I emailed the company and just asked what I had done wrong, as 9/10 it's human error, and I figured I screwed up and someone stole my funds -- though, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how, as it seemed hack proof.

It is. They emailed back with in 30 minutes and told me about the bug and said they are working on it. They even followed up with another kind email. Awesome customer service.

No problem. This thing is great! In my safe now, after showing it to my wife all day and trying to explain to her how it worked! :-)

sometimes the app just breaks and your money goes away but if you complain on amazon it comes back don't worry about it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

lmao the reviews

wait a minute, this actually sucks?!?

sometimes the app just breaks and your money goes away but if you complain on amazon it comes back don't worry about it

these fuckers don't know what a cold wallet is, do they

(it ain't a dumbass coin with a qr code on the back)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

nofees

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

only feefees

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
check out my onlyfees page for more ;)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
remember the ron paul buttcoin papers that had a security sticker or whatever over the printed private key

though given it's ron paul they should've put a stroke through the qr code

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
remember "I had my illiterate cousin copy your private key so it's never been seen by someone who could use it"?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

KnifeWrench posted:

remember "I had my illiterate cousin copy your private key so it's never been seen by someone who could use it"?

the chinese room, but for buttcoin. and not a chinese room full of melting asics, either

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
highly secure sticker

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

so obviously fake.
everyone knows the plural is bitscoin

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
nice try, statist. it's bits-coins

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

[_] Checkmark here when bill ha

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
laffchain confirmation

orange juche posted:

☑️ Checkmark here when bill ha

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:wrong: I control >51% of the posts in this laffchain, I'm going to unspend this post and use it again

Zamujasa posted:

laffchain confirmation

orange juche posted:

[_] Checkmark here when bill ha

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

orange juche posted:

:wrong: I control >51% of the posts in this laffchain, I'm going to unspend this post and use it again

:right: i'm hardforking the laffchain

Zamujasa posted:

laffchain confirmation

orange juche posted:

☑️ Checkmark here when bill ha

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

is this the winkelvii's bathroom?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
no because the toilets face head-to-head instead of in-line like a rowboat

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they need to keep intense eye contact at all times though

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

no because the toilets face head-to-head instead of in-line like a rowboat

the one on the right is a bidet so one gets a show while the other cleans up

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
god, the floor between the toilet and the bidet must be a delight to clean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

god, the floor between the toilet and the bidet must be a delight to clean

foot traffic probably moves it out at the cost of dispersing it through the rest of the house.