Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If for nothing else, but the decapitations. Also the extra distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Comstar posted:

edit never mind I do not know how to post gif's to thread :(

When your car is too eager to meet you
b'yep

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgamebugs/comments/kadq1p/my_car_was_stuck_in_a_fence_because_of_my_bad/

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

If my V was modelled after Kira Narys from ds9 what would my skill focus be like?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Cop mechanics are sure nice. They spawn right under your nose. That and clearing a whole floor in a brothel is no big deal. Except for the receptionist, bam cops right there.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
Fighting off drones with imaginary pew pews.

Also selfie time. I got brain problems but I keep on smiling.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Well, I just stole a car (no repercussion), drove into downtown, watched in awe as the game literally turned into something that looks worse than GTA4, then had my first hard crash. On the plus side, the framerate actually wasn't dropping, just the textures

Gonna be a huge lol if the first 7 hours are fine but the meat of the game is literally unplayable

Kinda frustrating cause I could afford a PS5, I just can't friggin find one :(

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I hate that the panicked NPCs just cower on the floor like they're taking a poo poo. Surely fleeing in different directions isn't hard AI?

the wobble
May 22, 2005

Bryter Layter
Doctor Rope

Scoss posted:

Anyone playing this on an old machine? I have a GTX 970 and a five year old i5 and I'm wondering if I will be able to get away with medium settings @ 1080p.

I'm playing the game on a GTX 970, and I'm still enjoying it.
(admittedly of course without all the advanced visual settings)
auto selecting settings at install did a decent job

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

smoobles posted:

I hate that the panicked NPCs just cower on the floor like they're taking a poo poo. Surely fleeing in different directions isn't hard AI?

omg but the first time I went up to some npc's lifting weights and made them drop everything, it made me laugh.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay, now it's doing fine driving thorugh town, but wow these textures are a trip lol

At what point do people stop calling me and does the game ever stop asking me if I want to track these quests God drat

Like gimme a minute to explore jesus lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smoobles posted:

Then again running is probably more likely to get you shot in the cross fire of random violence.

I know it’s a lore excuse for a tech issue, but eh considering Bethesda NPC AI on a good day...I’m assuming it’s hard if you’re not scripting specific scenarios for specific characters.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Otacon posted:

Here's my input

Last night - booted game, didn't change any settings, ran pretty good through the Corpo prologue but had some audio stuttering and low FPS. Quit the game to adjust some settings and try to fix audio

Tried playing after mucking around with sound bitrates, switched from Ultra to medium, got instant hard crashes. Graphics on low? Instant hard crashes.

Reinstalled drivers multiple times, reinstalled game, and nothing was working.

Ended up going through the options again, set everything to Ultra - and the game doesn't crash and works flawlessly, but at 20fps. Try again on Medium or Low? Instant crash.

Welcome to 2077.

EDIT: Win 7 x64, i7 6700k, 32gb ram, GTX1080 8gb running 460.79, 144hz 1440p monitor, G-Sync off

Lol you might want to get off a 10 year old operating system if you expect to be playing cutting edge games.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Zikan posted:

Does anyone find themselves running or using fast travel everywhere to avoid using the vehicles? They control horribly and feel like you are driving in a bowl of jello.

I like the motorcycle

The cars are difficult for me to control but I suck at every driving game but Mario Kart

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I finished Act 1, was pretty crazy for what amounted to 5 or so setpieces in a row, but done well.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Three hours in on PS4 Pro, liking it, no major bugs or glitches so far (crosses fingers), the only thing I have to contribute is that if you sit down to watch TV on the leather sofa in V's apartment, the sound effect when you stand up again is one of the most beautiful and authentic I've ever heard in a video game.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Okay, now it's doing fine driving thorugh town, but wow these textures are a trip lol

At what point do people stop calling me and does the game ever stop asking me if I want to track these quests God drat

Like gimme a minute to explore jesus lol

Oh my god I was doing a mission near some loving taxi, and the dude kept calling me, every 20 seconds until I left the area entirely.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i had one but the limo ate it :(

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Nuts and Gum posted:

Lol you might want to get off a 10 year old operating system if you expect to be playing cutting edge games.

Agreed. Just get 10 for Christ's sake. Is 7 even getting security updates? Good luck next time a big hack comes around

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Stadia getting killed off is going to be hilarious. Since it was never that good and games are tied to it.

Honestly once GeForce Now launched for $5 a month that was the end of Stadia in terms of large scale streaming platforms (vs niche stuff like Shadow). The only plus With Stadia is that does 4K while as of now GeForce is limited to 1080p. Though when a game leaves the platform, you still own it.

Stadia is actually really good though. I was playing this at 7pm yesterday on Stadia and haven't had any issues with it.

If it does get killed would suck though. Kind of like not getting your old digital console games anymore I guess, but feels worse since it shouldn't happen.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

w00tmonger posted:

Agreed. Just get 10 for Christ's sake. Is 7 even getting security updates? Good luck next time a big hack comes around

It hasn't received updates in about a year.

Just turn Cortana off and Windows 10 is the same thing as 7, guys. Don't do this to yourselves.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Humans of Night City: Lady surprised being caught eating a dumpster burger.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I have no idea wtf im doing wrong. I can't even beat the rescue mission. I go into the room with the baddies and basically instantly die. I sneak by the first room, and then the boss pretty much one shots me.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

getting cash is a loving pain in the rear end in this game.

I paid off this thing and now I'm super broke again. I'm eyeing those body mods and goddamn some are like 42k and I want a bunch of them.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Humans of Night City: Lady surprised being caught eating a dumpster burger.

One NPC was scratching her butt and smelling her finger but her hand wasn't animated close to her body so it looked really dumb.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Walking around the city is fine on base PS4, seemingly. Not a ton of NPCs but I think that's deliberate for where I am. The immersion factor is really high though. drat.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mr E posted:

I finished Act 1, was pretty crazy for what amounted to 5 or so setpieces in a row, but done well.

Just got to act 2, had to take a break. God drat what an opener!

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
Default settings can be waaaay off the mark. When my game started it was a literal slideshow when I saw myself in the mirror for the first time. Went to settings and it'd defaulted me to Ultra/4K, and me with a 1070 and an i5 from 2013.

Set that poo poo to medium/1080p and it's fine. Looks decent enough to me and the framerate's good, just happy I can play it on my old rear end rig. Between this and Flight Simulator though I think I'll be finally updating my PC once 30x0 series cards are available to mere mortals.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

getting cash is a loving pain in the rear end in this game.

I paid off this thing and now I'm super broke again. I'm eyeing those body mods and goddamn some are like 42k and I want a bunch of them.

I did all the car missions, which were hilarious, and got a good chunk which I blew immediately. Not sure how to make cash now, guess I'll focus on the main quest for a bit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

Windows 7 hasn't gotten a security update, or any updates in 11 months now.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

hanging out with my new best friend

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I have no idea wtf im doing wrong. I can't even beat the rescue mission. I go into the room with the baddies and basically instantly die. I sneak by the first room, and then the boss pretty much one shots me.

I stuck up and insta killed him then Jackie instantly murdered the rest of his crew

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Played the prologue today, it's been a lot of fun. It does feel like the game is slowly torturing my computer to death. Sometimes it also needs a good exit to desktop and reload for the fps to go back up.

Jackieeeeee (and T-Bug) :( Don't tell me he had a legendary weapon on him, I was so sad I didn't even check his cooling corpse. But by God, those two have the worst of luck. And now V has rear end in a top hat terrorist Keanu in the head, and a death sentence in a few weeks

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

hanging out with my new best friend

lmao i ran across this guy, or someone with the same body and booty shorts. he seemed chill.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Glimm posted:

I did all the car missions, which were hilarious, and got a good chunk which I blew immediately. Not sure how to make cash now, guess I'll focus on the main quest for a bit.

haven't done any yet, kinda saving them for when I get tired of fixer missions and random stuff i can find in the world. not sure how far into main story I am but I feel like I'm too far along and want to slow way down and get really over powered.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How do you guys even access nvidia control panel? All I can find is geforce experience. I've tried hunting for what to download but all I can find is an outdated app on windows store

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Keanu is kind of an rear end in a top hat in this, like not in that he's a jerk, but like he's a douchebag.

Also female V's voice gets extremely hostile even when you pick the milder dialog options, it's annoying because I'm trying to shmooze most situations and I'm like chill out you're gonna blow it.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Donovan Trip posted:

How do you guys even access nvidia control panel? All I can find is geforce experience. I've tried hunting for what to download but all I can find is an outdated app on windows store

Right click your desktop, it's in that menu.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently there's a cap on hacking random things

I don't understand hacking though. I jack in and it keeps changing rows on me? I don't get it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

lmao i ran across this guy, or someone with the same body and booty shorts. he seemed chill.

i legit thought it was an adult diaper at first. the truth was mildly disappointing but i still love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

smoobles posted:

If you stay in a chunk for awhile and the game doesn't cull you can come back like thirty minutes later and they're still chilling there lol. Once panicked they don't ever change states.