Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

My main gift is not going to be pretty. It'll be functional but I was dumb and ordered some parts from a company that also distributes PPE. I'm going to throw in some extra stuff to make up for it. Might not make the deadline but I'll do my darndest.

Bi-la kaifa fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Whelp that last part I was waiting for got held up in Cincinnati for two days for no apparent reason so I guess I'm not gonna ship by Friday :sigh:

We do technically have until the 22nd and the 4th was just the target/goal to aim for, right? Or is like the 4th the day you get probed, and the 22nd the day you get banned or something like that?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Yessss, I am a little behind as well and waiting for a tool to come so I can "personalise" a thing. Is an extension possible for proof of shipping?

E.like, I'll have it finished on the weekend and probably have time to send it on Monday

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Due to early setbacks I'm not going to get my thing made on time either, but if all goes well on the weekend I'll be able to drop it in the mail on Tuesday, and mean time I'll order something local to my Santee that will arrive before Xmas that they can make themselves while waiting

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Forgive us Santa

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't speak for anyone else, but whoever has me don't feel rushed to get it out the door by the deadline. I'm not going anywhere and I don't care one bit if its late :v:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

If mine's late I'll loving cut you

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

No for reals though I think it said proof of shipping by the 22nd or something

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Rutibex posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but whoever has me don't feel rushed to get it out the door by the deadline. I'm not going anywhere and I don't care one bit if its late :v:

same

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Shame Boy posted:

We do technically have until the 22nd and the 4th was just the target/goal to aim for, right? Or is like the 4th the day you get probed, and the 22nd the day you get banned or something like that?

Correct, the 4th is a target so most of the packages can be in the labyrinthine mess of the postal service before xmas shipping delays get too insane but as long as I have a valid tracking number and proof of shipping by the 22nd I'm not going on a banning spree. (And even then, I'd be reaching out to get details before pushing buttons. I hate pushing buttons, it makes me feel lovely.)

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
After some good initial progress my package appears to be doing laps of a certain NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER from what I can see.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Haha, the certain NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTRE near me has been striking recently! Good for them!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Rapulum_Dei posted:

After some good initial progress my package appears to be doing laps of a certain NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER from what I can see.

This is the thread you're looking for:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932360

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Thanks, this is great. Bookmarked!

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
To be honest is I saw my package in that thread I would consider that an adequate present.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
According to my tracking number, my package arrived last week.

Thinking back to when I shipped it, I may have neglected to affiliate the shipping label with SA, so... Uh if you got a cardboard box overwrapped in black duct tape from some random person in Oklahoma, that would be from me.

mjan
Jan 30, 2007

immoral_ posted:

According to my tracking number, my package arrived last week.

Thinking back to when I shipped it, I may have neglected to affiliate the shipping label with SA, so... Uh if you got a cardboard box overwrapped in black duct tape from some random person in Oklahoma, that would be from me.

Same, minus the overwrap and Oklahoma parts. If you received a USPS box last week from someone you don't know in WA, that was probably me, and you should feel free to open it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I didn't get my Santee's name, so someone is getting a box addressed to Jeffrey Yospos.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I didn't get my Santee's name, so someone is getting a box addressed to Jeffrey Yospos.

I just did mine to S. Ehkmet.
Also Sehkmet, with the new forum name my inscription on the back of the board makes it an antique so it’s probably worth like a million dollars now.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

AFewBricksShy posted:

Also Sehkmet, with the new forum name my inscription on the back of the board makes it an antique so it’s probably worth like a million dollars now.

I'll have to insure it!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

AFewBricksShy posted:

I couldn't figure out a way to make my Santee's username seem plausibly like a real name (I don't know what this was so important to me, but it was). Pastry of the Year bought some masks from my SA Mart thread earlier this year and I ended up sending them to "S.A. Pastry".

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I got mine today!
The app is being a dick about uploading pictures so I’ll try and edit them in later.

No signature so one of you will need to take credit.

I got:
2 bags of crisps (since they are from the uk). I had one of the bags with lunch they are good.
A bag of haribo gummies
2 milled (routed?) clear groverhaus tag keychains
A 3D printed ocarina that I will learn to play
A roughly 5” printed “round tuit” which I always found amusing as hell. I already hung that up in my shop and also thanks for the inscription on the back
And a set of corner clamps that is going to be helpful as all hell on the cabinet doors that I’m gluing up tomorrow. Thanks a ton!

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 6, 2020

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
:toot:

The magic squares are the worlds only set of their kind at that scale and it’s a wood filled filament if you want to experiment with stains or varnish or whatever.

The irony of the round tuit is that finish isn’t the intended one. :ssh:

Time to get practicing: god rest ye merry gentlegoons

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

"It says, 'Jaded Burnout'?", asked my slightly confused postie.
"Ah, yeah, it's a company here", I replied, unconvincingly.

I am now the owner of a lil package wrapped in Peanuts wrapping paper. I didn't have my phone on me at the time so I'll open it up shortly :)

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Inside, what looks like a home-made box. Very fancy.

Didn't 100% survive the fedex chuckers, but kept the goods safe and can be repaired.

Gifts!

First up, a number plate for the house, made from cast iron with the two faces machined. The exciting obsidian/lava effect is from me editing out the number.

Creeped me out quite a bit as I've tried very hard to keep my house number out of photos in my thread, then I remembered they had my address to post the thing so it's fine :11tea:
Do I need to clear coat it at all to prevent rust?

Next, some more thread gauges, in the standards I don't have. Someone's been perusing my post history! Thanks for these :)

A lovely marking gauge, in metric and imperial.

A Japanese-style marking knife.

And two mystery screws with rubber washers.

A bit confusing, but maybe they're a match for the ones I was having trouble finding for my front door hinges?

And of course, almost missed it..

No note so I don't know the sender, but thank you kind santa.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jaded Burnout posted:

No note so I don't know the sender, but thank you kind santa.

It's actually aluminum, SAE 4032 and was, prior to being a number plate, a piston from an unnamed race car team. No treatment should be needed. I'd have anodized it but I kind of got blood poisoning and spent a few days in the hospital. Luckily Mrs. Yooper was able to get it mailed.

I gots mail!

Sweet! I've got it hanging up right now. Stained glass is super sweet and this fits great with our interior.

Thanks Santa Satyr!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Yooper posted:

It's actually aluminum, SAE 4032 and was, prior to being a number plate, a piston from an unnamed race car team. No treatment should be needed. I'd have anodized it but I kind of got blood poisoning and spent a few days in the hospital. Luckily Mrs. Yooper was able to get it mailed.

Ooh! Very interesting. Sorry to hear about your sick blood, hopefully it's better now :(

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

:aaaaa:

Opened this package and my jaw literally dropped! Holy gently caress! I really wasn't expecting this and am having trouble even forming words right now. To whomever made this, thank you so, so much! Words really cannot express my gratitude!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I feel like I ought to recognize the device, but I don't. Some kind of press for forming something? It's a really solid and well-executed piece, whatever it is. :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
drat, thats a nice press.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Impressive, even.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I feel like I ought to recognize the device, but I don't. Some kind of press for forming something? It's a really solid and well-executed piece, whatever it is. :v:

I think it's a book press based off of their earlier post.

Chip McFuck posted:

I'd also be stoked if you happened to want to make something like a book or finishing press if you're into making tools, though no pressure on those specifically at all.

That looks really nice.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Yep, its a book press and a big one at that. I'm so excited to use it!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Be sure to share pictures of your delicious homemade book oil with us

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

Be sure to share pictures of your delicious homemade book oil with us

Too much pulp in my book juice

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Chip McFuck posted:

Yep, its a book press and a big one at that. I'm so excited to use it!

Haven't you heard everything is bigger in Texas :v: It has a working area of 16" x 11.75" x 4"(open) between the posts. Glad you like it!

JEEVES420 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 9, 2020

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Our christmas tree smells like beeswax and I'm very happy!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That's great! As I wrote in the overly long text I added, once you smell an open beehive - with freshly formed wax, propolis, open honey cells and all the stuff the bees emit via pheromones - you're hooked...it's such an awesome experience...but pure beeswax comes close, and I am really glad that you like it!

Also something I forgot in the text: if you light the candles (they also smell very nice when burning) it could be you need to light them twice. Could be I put one or two in there from our very first run, where I didn't put wax on the wick. They tend to go out quickly, because the wick needs to "draw" some wax from the candle before it really starts to burn, so just light them a couple of times, it'll work at some point. Stuff you learn when creating your first candles (I dip the wick into wax ever since, so they startup without a problem)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

My wife was the one who picked it up from the mail and was like "Uhh... I assume this is for you right... it's got The Hacker Forum Word on it"

Thanks! It arrived a day or so ago but I wanted to get some good pictures of it before postin'.

I got:

1. This charming sparkly fabric oscilloscope

It's now hanging over my workbench and I absolutely love it :3:

(Holy poo poo has my workbench always been that dusty aaa)

2. Some Old Triodes

They still look good since the getter is all shiny, definitely have to play with these later. I have a few tubes already but I don't think I have any that are this kind (or this old).

3. The faceplate of a 1920's-era Majestic 90 radio

This I have no clue what to do with, gonna have to think of something fun...

4. A couple covid masks

Cock-themed one (tehe) seen here modeled by my lovely assistant (who was nice enough to hold still for slightly less than 1 second before trying to get it off, just long enough to get the picture)

Anyway it's some great stuff, thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
I enjoyed telling the UPS person to send it to Chip McFuck...yup spelled like it sounds.