Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't remember what we carry for chicken, but I almost never use breast's anymore, gotta hope on the Thigh train. Cheaper and they've got enough fat to make them edible even if they were raised in a cage.

Ya we're halfway there. Especially once we found if you shop around and wait you can find thighs for like .49 cents a pound. Get like 20 pounds of those and stuff the freezer for a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I enjoy cooking but you can pry the chicken bake from my cold, dead hands.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

ixo posted:

I am an egglord and this is big news in my fiefdom. costco gonna start they own egg farm.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco-making-major-change-egg-120913885.html

Awesome, they started their own chicken facilities too right? The circle of life is complete.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

lmao homemade pasta can take hours.

Not if you got a Philips pasta maker then it takes like 12 minutes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

bird with big dick posted:

Not if you got a Philips pasta maker then it takes like 12 minutes.

$150 buys a lot of dry pasta.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

pentyne posted:

Rice takes maybe 2-3 minutes to add into a rice cooker, if you don't eat rice every meal you deserve to be poor.

Only if you want arsenic poisoning.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

pentyne posted:

Rice takes maybe 2-3 minutes to add into a rice cooker, if you don't eat rice every meal you deserve to be poor.

You can rinse and add rice in just 2-3 mins?

:clegg:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yes but if you aren’t forming the very atoms that make up the seed that you then plant into the ground to become the rice then what are you even doing ?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

its all nice on rice posted:

$150 buys a lot of dry pasta.

Only poor people eat dry pasta

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:rip:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bird with big dick posted:

Only poor people eat dry pasta

Yeah, the rest of us usually cook it first?

:shrug:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i love that its an anti tip kit too

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i love that its an anti tip kit too

:thejoke:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
A perfect example of what happens when too many people grab the "freshest" one on the bottom.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

so busy helping others & no one thought to help them... makes you think

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

A perfect example of what happens when too many people grab the "freshest" one on the bottom.

Lol I’m guilty of this way more often than I should be...

:ninja:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

No no no, the schadenfreude thread is next door. :ironicat:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gatts posted:

Yes but if you aren’t forming the very atoms that make up the seed that you then plant into the ground to become the rice then what are you even doing ?

This is why no one can beat Carl Sagan’s apple pie.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Last time we hit up church, I saw a guy wandering the aisles repeatedly pulling his mask off to sneak bites of chicken bake.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I stand by my statement that the chicken bake is about the worst thing in the food court. The carne asada and bulgogi bakes are top tier though.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Eating costco punkin pie with costco plain Greek yogurt right now this second

So good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im gonna go pick up one of those pumpkin pies tomorrow i really missed not having any for cancelled thanksgiving

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I actually managed to get a PS5 from Costco and didn't have to pay gently caress you scalper prices. Even stranger, the site was obviously swamped when they dropped and I had multiple issues checking out. It easily took me 5 minutes from the moment I added it to my cart to when it went through. During that time other people definitely reported it as showing up as out of stock. That makes me think Costco is one of the few retailers that uses some kind of queue/reserve system. Costco must have recognized me as having it in my cart and "held" it for me while I completed my transaction.

And yea, i've got the confirmation and everything, so it's not one of those situations where Costco is gonna come back and tell me the order has to be canceled. I'm super shocked, but happy I got a PS5 and didn't have to pay a ton for it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What was your worst church purchase?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ShowTime posted:

I actually managed to get a PS5 from Costco and didn't have to pay gently caress you scalper prices. Even stranger, the site was obviously swamped when they dropped and I had multiple issues checking out. It easily took me 5 minutes from the moment I added it to my cart to when it went through. During that time other people definitely reported it as showing up as out of stock. That makes me think Costco is one of the few retailers that uses some kind of queue/reserve system. Costco must have recognized me as having it in my cart and "held" it for me while I completed my transaction.

And yea, i've got the confirmation and everything, so it's not one of those situations where Costco is gonna come back and tell me the order has to be canceled. I'm super shocked, but happy I got a PS5 and didn't have to pay a ton for it.

I suspect different regions were involved.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Renegret posted:

Also cooking loving sucks. I consider myself to be a pretty good home cook but I loving hate it.

We don't have enough family time as it is, I'm not wasting an entire weekend day in the kitchen making ravioli by hand. (Which I did once, and it was a huge tedious unrewarding pain in the rear end that I will no doubt do again at some point because it's a huge crowd pleaser)
Home made pasta-stuff is definitely a trap. It sounds like a great idea... but no it really isn't. I've got one of those old-school pasta roller things and everytime I have a wild hair up my rear end to make it, I just regret it most times. Home made pasta sauces can be good (especially alfredo) but iffy time/money/taste proposition over a decent pre-bought (well anything is literally better than prego).

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

Home made pasta sauces can be good (especially alfredo) but iffy time/money/taste proposition over a decent pre-bought (well anything is literally better than prego).

Costco was carrying San Marzano-style canned whole tomatoes for a while. I got a bunch and started making a couple things: a simple marinara I use for drop meatballs, a no-cook pizza sauce, and a nice, dairy-free tomato basil "bisque." The 'Co stopped carrying the tomatoes, but I kept making the sauces.

I just checked the prices, and making my own sauces is roughly half the cost of buying Classico jarred sauce and I dare say twice as tasty. Mind you, a big factor in this mental arithmetic is that I'm stuck at home 80-100% of the time and cooking is like the one aspect in my life where I feel like I have some control. I'm sure years of therapy will help smooth that all over one day.

All that said, I buy a little tub of pesto once a month, because while I keep a little basil plant on the windowsill, I feel like I'd need to dedicate the back yard to basil production to keep up with the demand.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

SirPablo posted:

That belt fed nerf light machine gun years back:smith:

Always got jammed

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That belt fed nerf light machine gun years back:smith:

Always got jammed

Should have bought a Nerf MG42 with tripod.

Sadly, the German equivalent to Costco, Metro only gives out memberships to small business owners and does not carry nearly the cool things you guys have. There is a house brand, but it only extends to food, kitchenware, paper towels, toilet paper.

We have the Jamon, but it's 80€.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

SirPablo posted:

Frozen Mexican chicken bowls - I liked the Reds burritos so I thought this might also be good (they were not Red brand, to be clear). Absolutely vile and inedible.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those keto egg wraps are disgusting, as are the moon cheese we sell. Basically anything marketed towards keto people that isn't just meat or fat is disgusting.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Gaius Marius posted:

Those keto egg wraps are disgusting, as are the moon cheese we sell. Basically anything marketed towards keto people that isn't just meat or fat is disgusting.

Moon Cheese is bad. Feety sawdusty flavor, iirc.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

SirPablo posted:

Honey Chicken and Marsala Chicken, precooked meal things. Absolute garbage.

Best purchase: Probably the Shark vacuum we got on sale. Sucks more than any vacuum ive ever owned. Kicks the poo poo out of our old Dyson at half the cost.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Kirkland light beer. I'm a drunk and I would go sober the rest of my life before drinking that stuff again. I think they stopped making it though, it's been a few years since my Costco carried it. Probably due to how terrible it was.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

mds2 posted:

Honey Chicken and Marsala Chicken, precooked meal things. Absolute garbage.

Best purchase: Probably the Shark vacuum we got on sale. Sucks more than any vacuum ive ever owned. Kicks the poo poo out of our old Dyson at half the cost.

sharks are great, for sure

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

Kirkland light beer. I'm a drunk and I would go sober the rest of my life before drinking that stuff again. I think they stopped making it though, it's been a few years since my Costco carried it. Probably due to how terrible it was.

Changing mine to this. They only sold that stuff for 3 months. $21 for 48 pack. I drank one, my friend drank one, then we shot a 6 of them with a .44. I seriously have 40 of them stacked in the corner of my garage.

The only good thing about that beer is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

The Ice Cream bars are actually good. A lot of stuff marketed as keto isn't actually keto, it's just marketing. It tastes bad because it's a lovely product made to profit off of a fad diet.

The best keto item at Costco? That $5 rotisserie chicken.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

The hot cocoa bombs off the website are trash, they don't melt and the flavor is meh. For $30 I expected to be blown away, poo poo is worse than swiss miss packets.

Not a big fan of the honey roasted cashews, they are way too sweet.

The bacon habernero tortilla chips were not very good.

The Little Italy pasta sauce is pretty bland.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Shredder posted:

The hot cocoa bombs off the website are trash, they don't melt and the flavor is meh. For $30 I expected to be blown away, poo poo is worse than swiss miss packets.

Yeah, mine showed up yesterday and I was so disappointed in them. If you add a bunch of Rumple Minze it isn't the worst thing, but that's almost entirely due to the schnapps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

binge crotching posted:

it isn't the worst thing, but that's almost entirely due to the schnapps.

Truly, what can't this be said about though?