Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

a friend of mine is one of those true crime weirdos and she was legit pissed at the handling of the manson cult stuff after watching that movie

personally, i was just annoyed by the pacing after the third or fourth time we watch brad pitt drive across town for five minutes for no real reason.

if it pisses off a true crime wierdo it probably means its good. the entire movie is great and the ending is excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

but so i don’t hate shia
you probably should: https://jezebel.com/even-before-fka-twigs-came-forward-shia-labeouf-was-al-1845862504

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

remake last crusade with him in the connery role

then he can become eskimo brothers with shia, and the cycle begins anew

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jesus christ, what an absolute piece of poo poo.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

well good i hope he never works again

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Twigs told the New York Times that she came forward to make a point: That despite having money, fame, and a strong support system, she still ended up in an abusive relationship. In other words, if it can happen to her, it can happen to anyone.

i hope she didn't actually phrase it that way

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Roosevelt posted:

has it been posted that harrison ford is doing yet another indiana jones movie. harrison ford is 78 years old

i care exactly enough to post now that i dont care

im just so tired of all these franchises

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

remake last crusade with him in the connery role

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I watched ready or not last night [it's on prime rn] and it's a good, if gory, black comedy. the writing reminded me a bit of happy death day

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ok i have bob le flambeur and le doulos left in my french crime movie collection. ive watched rififi le cercle rouge and le samourai. any more recs (whether for bob/le doulos or something else)?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

haveblue posted:

remake all connery movies with craig

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'd watch an indiana jones movie with the roles recast. harrison ford is great but daniel craig proved that the best guy for the role isn't always the first guy to play it

only problem is that while the swashbuckling nazi-punching 1930s adventuring is fantastic and timeless, i'm not sure that the grave-robbing and cultural othering is quite as cool these days.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

i'd watch an indiana jones movie with the roles recast. harrison ford is great but daniel craig proved that the best guy for the role isn't always the first guy to play it

only problem is that while the swashbuckling nazi-punching 1930s adventuring is fantastic and timeless, i'm not sure that the grave-robbing and cultural othering is quite as cool these days.

I was mostly thinking about Highlander and Dragonheart, tbh?

:shrug:

E: And Zardoz, obvs.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
they're calling this 5th one the "final film in the franchise" which i don't believe for a second

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's the final one before the soft reboot

or maybe it's the soft reboot and the next four will all be the "new" franchise

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

I can barely watch most of temple of doom without cringing anymore, it's so racist. at least he returns the powerful artifacts to their rightful owners at the end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've never seen temple of doom all the way through, the whole idea of "indiana jones but now he has a teenage sidekick and a damsel in distress" was never appealing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

it's the final one before the soft reboot

or maybe it's the soft reboot and the next four will all be the "new" franchise

and there's time travel and now james mcavoy is young indy and mike fassbender is that weird nazi archeologist and they both just got their PHDs from the same university

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

until crystal skull it was always my least favorite but 35 years later it has aged very poorly while I just rewatched last crusade and it's still fun

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like the idea of a new indy, whether still set back then or in modern day. you could make it with modern sensibilities by having the character defend people/place/thing from theft / encroachment / whatever.

but at that point you could probably just start a whole franchise with a cool character that doesn't have any of that baggage. also maybe not with a white saviour again.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I've never been a huge Tarantino fan but I put Once upon a time in Hollywood on as a random pick and enjoyed it a lot - I though Pitt and Dicaprio were both absolutely at the top of their game, and the slow-paced meandering light plot working up to that ending felt like 'real cinema' should, something I can't say for almost all the movies I have watched of late.

Lotta dirty bare ladies feet here though, not sure if anyone noticed.

this isnt really odd but I never noticed. I never knew he had a foot thing, and probably because I don't, I just didn't notice the feet. just like how I don't normally notice hands in a movie, since they're kind of just normal human things also like arms.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

this isnt really odd but I never noticed. I never knew he had a foot thing

i too have never watched a QT movie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im serious. it wasnt until I said I had seen inglorious basterds and you said you turned it off near the end coz of some feet (or something thats how I remember the cnoversation anyway ) and then others chimed in and thats when I learned he has a foot fetish

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you don't think the feet are weird and obtrusive in a qt movie you probably have a foot fetish yourself

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

last crusade was the 2nd best indy. temple of doom was always terrible. the female lead does nothing but scream and the ending where the kids in rags rush the stage feels like something straight out of a musical.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sweevo posted:

last crusade was the 2nd best indy. temple of doom was always terrible. the female lead does nothing but scream and the ending where the kids in rags rush the stage feels like something straight out of a musical.

exactly like the end of blazing saddles lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

if you don't think the feet are weird and obtrusive in a qt movie you probably have a foot fetish yourself

im not looking forward to noticing feet in future qt movies now that ive been primed for it

tbh it was better when I was utterly ignorant

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

even the sets looks more like stage scenery than real locations. tell me this doesn't look like you're seeing it from a seat in the upper circle

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

tbh it was better when I was utterly ignorant

its ok echi I will always think of you as utterly ignorant

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sweevo posted:

even the sets looks more like stage scenery than real locations. tell me this doesn't look like you're seeing it from a seat in the upper circle

It legit looks like one of those stage shows they do at Universal Studios or Disney or whatever (like in that episode of Full House where DJ goes to the Aladdin one looking for Steve (the joke here being that Steve is played by Scott Weinger))?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 11, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

this isnt really odd but I never noticed. I never knew he had a foot thing, and probably because I don't, I just didn't notice the feet. just like how I don't normally notice hands in a movie, since they're kind of just normal human things also like arms.

rewatch jackie brown

you won't need to get v far into the movie to notice it, i promise

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"never knew qt had a foot thing"

from dusk till dawn:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
never actually saw that one

see other than now being aware of it, none of my memories or opinions about any qt movies were related to feet in any way. but now.. if I watch one I haven’t seen? :qq:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

from dusk till dawn:

fuckin hell lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
also didn’t know about the foot thing but i am becoming increasingly less of a fan of any of his stuff so i don’t expect this to bother me too much

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

from dusk till dawn:

lol

salma hayek must've been so grossed out

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

mediaphage posted:

also didn’t know about the foot thing but i am becoming increasingly less of a fan of any of his stuff so i don’t expect this to bother me too much

Kinda the same, and I dunno if this is fair, but his affiliation with Weinstein kinda left a stink on him that I can't get over. I used to loving adore his movies too. Inglorious Basterds is like top 5 for me.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah the weinstein intro is not enjoyable to watch

not gonna stop loving inglorious basterds tho.

poo poo that must have been the most satisfying end to a movie i’ve ever seen

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
we’re there any feet in Django

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
don't remember it well enough to say yes but gonna say yes anyway