Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Every time Steam updates this game I have to uninstall and reinstall because it gets stuck at "unpacking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

xp thoughts

anyone know a passive or easy non-shooty way to level up engineering?

also, apparently to minmax deconstructing junk items, you have to do them one by one. that is what my tests with ashtrays shows. if I did more than one at a time I only get an xp message and de-increment showing the worth of one.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Game runs surprisingly well on my ancient hardware, except I get a hard crash every time I sit down during the corpo start, five minutes into the game. The GoG launcher has been writing to my SSD at ~250MB/s for like ten minutes to apply a 585MB patch, hopefully that fixes it?

edit: it did not.

edit2: it's because my CPU doesn't support AVX and there's a similar crash point in every start.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 12, 2020

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BrianWilly posted:

Every time Steam updates this game I have to uninstall and reinstall because it gets stuck at "unpacking."

Is your drive almost full? Need to leave space for the patch to write new copies of various files before they delete the previous ones.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Over 100 gigs of free space, if that's what you mean. :shrug:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm about 10 hours into the main storyline, and the game is getting so loving good that I'm actually gonna hit the brakes and read up on lore for a bit to appreciate it better.

Is there a good resource out there to read about the backstory?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

hello internet posted:

AI drivers need some major work. I just came across a straightaway where the right lane drivers just slam into the shoulder barrier as if they are driving to drive on the sidewalk and just blow up. Like 30 cars in a row

The drivers don't have an AI op, they run on a pre-determined path lol.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
YES got double jump, and it's better than I had hoped, it's a way bigger jump than your normal jump. I finally got around go upgrading a gun and pistol kills and I just loving wreck now. So did a bunch of cop missions and grinded the cash, now I got sick UPS and I'm ready to get into some poo poo!

Oh side note, you ever see a dude actively deflect all smart shots? I have a smart shotty and one dude I just could not ever hit point blank, just always goes around him.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

BrianWilly posted:

Over 100 gigs of free space, if that's what you mean. :shrug:

Yeah, that's an odd one. Isn't the entire game ~70gb on PC?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

YES got double jump, and it's better than I had hoped, it's a way bigger jump than your normal jump. I finally got around go upgrading a gun and pistol kills and I just loving wreck now. So did a bunch of cop missions and grinded the cash, now I got sick UPS and I'm ready to get into some poo poo!

Oh side note, you ever see a dude actively deflect all smart shots? I have a smart shotty and one dude I just could not ever hit point blank, just always goes around him.

Yeah I ran into one of these and then I died.

If i want to completely change my playstyle should I start over? Does the pace of leveling up stay flat or does the gap between every level expand? I want to make sure I can get enough XP to spec into melee and stuff more

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

In the braindance I'm supposed to do something with the girl but nothing works, help?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Cyberpunk is short for "Cyborg Punk-Rocker"

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

smoobles posted:

I'm about 10 hours into the main storyline, and the game is getting so loving good that I'm actually gonna hit the brakes and read up on lore for a bit to appreciate it better.

Is there a good resource out there to read about the backstory?

There is this, you can get an ebook copy on kindle or comixology as well if you don't want to wait for the hardback to ship:

https://www.amazon.com/World-Cyberp...ps%2C200&sr=8-1

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Since the patch anyone have the message skip exit select stuff stuck in the bottom right of the UI? Save load doesn't fix it.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
does anybody know of a reliable source of legendary crafting/upgrade parts?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
PS4 Slim patch report:

Massive improvement! Textures still tend to get stuck at lower resolutions outside, but generally everything is much improved. Driving around is perfectly smooth now.

gently caress it, I'm starting over lol

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I restarted to be pure hackerman, and I'm letting Jackie eat noodles for a week while I do a shitton of exploring and missions in Watson . I'm just having fun jumping mafia guards and robbing them, and platforming up the sides of highrises to get at antenna mount access points to hack for $$ (there are lot of them!!)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Has anyone figured out the highest vantage point you can get on top of?

D-Pad posted:

There is this, you can get an ebook copy on kindle or comixology as well if you don't want to wait for the hardback to ship:

https://www.amazon.com/World-Cyberp...ps%2C200&sr=8-1

Thanks for this, bought it!!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So in 2077 everybody is a chain smoker, and bsrely anybody vapes. I would have thought by 2077, you can vape from every hole already.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I found a gun that I think is going to break the game for me for a little while at least. I'm only around level 10-11, so most of my weapons are doing something like 140 dps, but I found a pistol that shoots two rounds at a time, has a mod for no vertical recoil, and does 442 dps. Nothing else even comes close. I'm 1-2 shotting everyone except for Cyberpsychos at this point. I haven't even specced into handguns but I'm going to start.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

stephenthinkpad posted:

So in 2077 everybody is a chain smoker, and bsrely anybody vapes. I would have thought by 2077, you can vape from every hole already.

The tobacco industry probably had them outlawed so they can get everyone addicted to that sweet, sweet tar.

That or everyone is actually smoking reefer.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

This game really doesn't have anything to say about a corporate dystopia does it? The environment is so hecking cool and simultaneously very shallow with purpose.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Macrame_God posted:

That or everyone is actually smoking reefer.

This would be my guess, seeing how every NPC, including children, spends their hours stumbling endlessly through the streets.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm playing this from Stadia and it loving owns that I can play this on silky smooth max settings and not have to buy am insane pc.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is there any reason not to deconstruct all these extra rifles and pistols I'm looting but not using? aside from iconic I guess?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I've picked up a couple items that I can't find again anywhere. One of them was a rare item that said it would increase my RAM by one. Where can I find this again? Is it a mod to a cyberware or something?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

pmchem posted:

is there any reason not to deconstruct all these extra rifles and pistols I'm looting but not using? aside from iconic I guess?

No in fact it's prob more worthwhile to deconstruct them than to sell them so you can upgrade the weapons you actually like.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

This game really doesn't have anything to say about a corporate dystopia does it? The environment is so hecking cool and simultaneously very shallow with purpose.

It's deliberately skewing more to the Snow Crash end of the spectrum, yeah. It's VHS

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Has anyone messed around with crafting? Worth it?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

In Tom’s Diner, I’m distracted by the dude who constantly is munching a burger that never loses its size and a waitress who seems to be in an order-taking loop at his table.

I kinda miss properly set up scenes.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
after the patch ctd after ctd im thinking in refunding this game and buying it again after the complete edition of whatever the gently caress. this is the buggiest aaa game i have ever played

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FallenGod posted:

There are missions where you aren't supposed to kill your target, but you have to fight them.

You'll be able to swing an enormous hammer into their face instead of trying to punch them down with unbuffed fists.

Fists get buffed with all the blunt weapon perks as far as I can tell.

Im in act 2 and still solving every problem with my fists at least. :shrug:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Furnaceface posted:

Fists get buffed with all the blunt weapon perks as far as I can tell.

Im in act 2 and still solving every problem with my fists at least. :shrug:

Yes.

I was talking about what happens when you don't take blunt weapon perks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Super dumb/early question but on the perk screen to the little paths between perks means I need to have a skill on the previous point before putting one in the perk in question?

Specific example: Do I need to have Cold Blooded to unlock Frozen Precision?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

I tried

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Awww man Del is a hecking bro :3: his little robots are adorable

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
So Cyberpunk won't let me turn on ray tracing support even though I have a RTX 2060 and the latest Nvidia driver.

However, it is letting me turn on DLSS support for some reason.

Is there that one weird trick that I am missing to enable RTX support?

Edit: It turns out that one weird trick was that Windows wasn't updated to the latest version :(

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 12, 2020

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

When you can get bionic lungs or whatever might as well have the real thing

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Also do knives disappear after being thrown? That seems awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
did everybody loot the dead man's corpse in the hotel suite right before everything goes to hell?