Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

These people are sick lmao

Put a sock in it, nerd, all that poo poo got decanonized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Tars Tarkas posted:

I hope the Emperor is alive again somehow

You're thinking too small. Bring back real doll Tarkin.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

What’s wrong with Greg Grunberg? He’s a big cuddly cutie and it’s always a pleasure to see him pop up in movies :3:

I guess I soured on him after watching him in Rise of Skywalker very obviously taking up all the screentime that originally belonged to Kelly Marie Tran thanks to his buddy JJ. I'm just bitter.

Grunberg was good in Heroes.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

aware of dog posted:

I follow the anti-canon after the schism

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I misread this as Greta Thunberg for a second and was extremely confused
*furrows brow*
"You speak of Star Wars while real wars continue!"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

AceOfFlames posted:

I guess I soured on him after watching him in Rise of Skywalker very obviously taking up all the screentime that originally belonged to Kelly Marie Tran thanks to his buddy JJ. I'm just bitter.

Grunberg was good in Heroes.

That wasn’t Grunberg, that was Dominic Monoghan. Grunberg just dies like an idiot in the final battle.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why would they set it after the sequels instead of when it's supposed to be set?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why would they set it after the sequels instead of when it's supposed to be set?

Because they’re not. They didn’t say a word about setting it after IX and the X-Wing silhouette used in the logo is clearly Original Trilogy era.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

whydirt posted:

We can just pool money to get Hayter to dub the movie one scene at a time through Cameo

I actually am catching up with this thread just now and saw this. I asked him, via Cameo, what he thought about the casting, haha.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Because they’re not. They didn’t say a word about setting it after IX and the X-Wing silhouette used in the logo is clearly Original Trilogy era.

i guess the stuff i read was just extrapolating from starwars.com's article about the announcements saying the movie will "move the saga into the future era of the galaxy" and it could just be figurative :shrug:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i guess the stuff i read was just extrapolating from starwars.com's article about the announcements saying the movie will "move the saga into the future era of the galaxy" and it could just be figurative :shrug:

They’re moving to a Macross-style model where all movies are fictional dramatizations of the “actual” events that exist in-universe. An aged Luke Skywalker will walk out of a theater showing episode nine, complain about his portrayal, then vanish into the crowd.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

What’s wrong with Greg Grunberg? He’s a big cuddly cutie and it’s always a pleasure to see him pop up in movies :3:

Whenever Greg cameos in a movie, I'm like "hey Greg."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aware of dog posted:

Yeah and the new canon Disney EU is even loving stupider and even worse, not fun.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

aware of dog posted:

You just wait, Untitled Prince Xizor Series will come to Disney+ by 2030.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah and the new canon Disney EU is even loving stupider and even worse, not fun.

Disney need to recanonise the horse X-Wing pilot and Han Solo punching a giant ferret

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Disney need to recanonise the horse X-Wing pilot and Han Solo punching a giant ferret

Also the cartoon rabbit.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And lightsaber knees :colbert:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homora Gaykemi posted:

It's a hell of a lot better than Poe Dameron farting at a wedding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5Tk5jS7lw

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Gonz posted:

Also the cartoon rabbit.

He's back, depending on how canon the IDW comics are

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

More franchises could use farting at a wedding, tbf

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Darko posted:

I actually am catching up with this thread just now and saw this. I asked him, via Cameo, what he thought about the casting, haha.

Okay well spill it!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

They even kept stupid stuff like a character obviously dying in a movie coming back that the EU loved.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Groovelord Neato posted:

They even kept stupid stuff like a character obviously dying in a movie coming back that the EU loved.

He fell down a hole that takes 1000 years to digest someone, had a laser, and a jetpack

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Farting at weddings is actually very fun.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Farting at weddings is actually very fun.

But is it as fun as laser eyes at a wedding?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm the legless registrar with the floating battlepod that includes grappling hooks for would-be spouses who try to leg it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Asterite34 posted:

why does she have laser eyes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Len posted:

He fell down a hole that takes 1000 years to digest someone, had a laser, and a jetpack

It was dumb when I was 12 reading those books and it's dumb over 20 years later.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Alan Smithee posted:

why does she have laser eyes

She’s an imposter droid assassin iirc. It’s from one of the Young Adult book series they did in the 90s. The guy who got shot is called Trioculus. Because he has three eyes, you see.

Also he’s the Emperor’s son. :laugh:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Groovelord Neato posted:

Actually it's fun and entertaining because that's what Star Wars should be.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

She’s an imposter droid assassin iirc. It’s from one of the Young Adult book series they did in the 90s. The guy who got shot is called Trioculus. Because he has three eyes, you see.

Also he’s the Emperor’s son. :laugh:

Spoiler for a garbage book series - he's actually just some jerk posing as the Emperor's son, the Emperor's actual son is a completely different three-eyed mutant. THAT guy's name is Triclops.

Also tagging myself as the Stormtrooper with the :smith: expression on his helmet

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Actually it's fun and entertaining because that's what Star Wars should be.

Nah letting your fanbase color how you do poo poo is really bad. Boba Fett was a chump in a cool outfit that's it.

aware of dog posted:

Disney make Bigger Luke canon, you cowards

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 12, 2020

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Disney make Bigger Luke canon, you cowards

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Asterite34 posted:

The Stormtroopers seem to have some slow reflexes so pretty accurate to canon I'd say.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Is there one of those Primer-type diagrams that lets you know which Luke was in which scene?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Triclops is canon: he's Rey's dad.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Have I told you about...Fluke Skywalker?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

whydirt posted:

Okay well spill it!

He jokingly did it all as Snake and said that he was just happy that the project was moving on and that Isaac would do a fine job on it.

Bit of a self plug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXbyKqrXS8&t=3s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Harrison Ford is gonna break his back doing the new Indiana Jones movie. He's loving 78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

RatHat posted:

Harrison Ford is gonna break his back doing the new Indiana Jones movie. He's loving 78

Harrison Ford posted:

He's a guy who's at a point in his life where he can maybe do the most good by taking the managerial role. Dad, son, Sallah are out in the field and they need to know they can rely on Indy to be near the phone when they call.
Ort!