Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Legendary cyberskin gives +200 armor so now I can do my naked terminator run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

That park that's to the suthwest of Corpo Plaza in the Glen is really neat.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Another unobtainable treasure, but this time, I think it's intentional?

The worst part is, this is definitely important treasure too. A secret materia to defeat sephiroth in the end, I know it.

Through careful jumping like a maniac and spamming loot at the edge of the bar, I managed to uncover the treasure inside. It was nothing but disappointment (junk or healing, I forget the exact flavour of chaff loot).

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I swear there were two clothes stores near corpo plaza but I can’t find the second now and it’s making me crazy

V mentioned always wanting to blow a ton of eddies on clothes when I walked in the first time

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's completely silly that right after (prologue ending) have Ghost John Wick tell me to kill myself a bunch, (side quest immediately after) I go to get in my car in the garage and an Uber teleports out of nowhere to ram me to start that quest, and you're like "wow, Johnny!" and he's like "uh huh" so I guess we're friends

I don't think that's the end of the prologue. I think prologue ends with a title card (I'm not a whole lot further than you are so I'm going off what others have said)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
That patch is taking loving ages to install on pc

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world
I suspect this is a bug, but quick tip: there is a maximum amount of ammo you can carry, and any ammo you find/buy/craft over that limit seems to disappear.

The limit seems to be 100 shotgun / 700 rifle / 500 pistol ammo so don't try to buy or craft ammo above that. I kept buying loads of rifle ammo at the gun dealers but whoops! All that money is gone.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

ephex posted:

That patch is taking loving ages to install on pc
At 92% it took like another half hour to finish. Looking at my hard drive space during installation it seems the patch duplicates the entire game in a temp directory then deletes the excess after completion.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Tei posted:

I have absolutelly no idea. Also weapons quickly become outdate and you need to replace them, since a few levels increase damage so a good gun become poo poo.

But I would pay attention to weapons with status effect. A smg with a proc to put enemies on fire would be fun to use, I figure.

I actually found a iconic SMG called Fenrir with thermal damage/burn and it feels almost OP how good it is. You light up enemies with a few rounds and they burn like half of their hp off.

It's a side quest in the start area:
In the harbor area, north of the start area, help a monk search for his brother, the weapon was where the brother is found

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 12, 2020

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Lots of UI glitches with the new patch. Things like floating item info windows etc will just stay on screen. Nothing game breaking but some dialogues don't play when fixers call you. If you happen to get a call and no dialogue pops up while the call widow is up, just wait and the dialogue options will continue as if the whole scene has happened.

Do people have an issue where performance seem to drop after an extended period of gaming?

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 12, 2020

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
How am I supposed to read the stats on weapons? Like it'll say 13-16 damage then under that 8-10 elemental damage. Is that 8-10 added onto the 13-16?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

At 92% it took like another half hour to finish. Looking at my hard drive space during installation it seems the patch duplicates the entire game in a temp directory then deletes the excess after completion.

Very reasonable approach lol

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So am I not sensitive enough or was the controversy surrounding the game extremely overblown? I'm not referring to conduct done by CDProjekt during development because much of that is inexcusable. But the game itself was said to be very racist, sexist, and transphobic and other things due to speculation and I'm just not seeing any of that? I think the game does better on the representation of different ethnicities than pretty much any other AAA game I've played, and while the "Mix it Up!" poster turned some heads it does make sense in the context of Night City's culture of everything being hyperexploitative. I'm certainly not getting the same vibe from this game as say Ion Fury which was laced with the developers alt-right worldviews.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

My only complaint with this game so far is that the GOG version refused to apply yesterday's 585 MB patch because I only had 59.9 GB free on my SSD (GOG specifically states that I don't have enough space to install the patch).
Ended up moving the install to a different SSD, patching... and moving it back.

Game is fun by the way, I'm an old Cyberpunk player from the 90s, so got excited when the game was announced, but stayed off the hype train and news. So coming in not knowing anything apart from "Keanu" and "FPS", I'm pleasantly surprised I get this weird Bethesda and Bioware had a love child with Rockstar Games thing going on.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Ran through a bit of the Corpo Male V intro path and so far pretty fun. I did the first bit of combat and it's stupidly easy on "Normal". Does bumping up to Hard make it better, or just turn the enemies into bullet sponges?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm really digging Keanu making random comments as I do side quests.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

So am I not sensitive enough or was the controversy surrounding the game extremely overblown? I'm not referring to conduct done by CDProjekt during development because much of that is inexcusable. But the game itself was said to be very racist, sexist, and transphobic and other things due to speculation and I'm just not seeing any of that? I think the game does better on the representation of different ethnicities than pretty much any other AAA game I've played, and while the "Mix it Up!" poster turned some heads it does make sense in the context of Night City's culture of everything being hyperexploitative. I'm certainly not getting the same vibe from this game as say Ion Fury which was laced with the developers alt-right worldviews.

I have no idea who you were listening to but if it was the previous incarnation of the cyberpunk 2077 thread then now you know why nobody was listening to them except for other people who decided to lock themselves in the echo chamber of wild, panicked speculation.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

Ran through a bit of the Corpo Male V intro path and so far pretty fun. I did the first bit of combat and it's stupidly easy on "Normal". Does bumping up to Hard make it better, or just turn the enemies into bullet sponges?

It's more that you get damaged really easily vs enemies being bullet sponges. If you aren't using all the perk bonuses and damage multipliers, enemies will seem like bullet sponges. But I can't seem to find a way to deal with seemingly random hits that take me from full health to dead. But I think that is due to enemies using spells (netrunners with their overload etc) and high damage attacks like grenades and tech weapons that you don't notice because the UI gets overly cluttered during combat.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

So is CD project red going to firesale their witcher IP now and file for bankruptcy after releasing this shitshow? Seems like most of the money's already been embezzled over the development period and the talent's been poached, leaving tye company with only newgrads and negative reviews.

:lol:
They already made back all of the money they spent and are now smoking diamonds rolled in thousand dollar bills, bruh. :homebrew:

We gonna get so many Witchymens and Cyber'd Punks that we'll all be sick of it by 2030.

Yearly installments, you cowards! :argh:

Khanstant posted:

stop killing people, you loving monsters jfc

Scavs aren't people. :c00lbert:

Junkenstein posted:

loving hell, I guess next time I'll tell Jackie to sit down.

Guess I can see where the complaints about V's dialogue choices not always telegraphing the outcome well come from......

Yeah it would be really nice to know if a dialogue option is going to result in combat, at least...

punishedkissinger posted:

is this actually true?

No Pants posted:

On the other hand, there's a whole side story where if you're a circumcised nomad you get to meet the wasteland doctor who cured your phimosis with a tiny rusty guillotine.

hey but is this true though??? :dong:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I woke up with keanu.exe installed. He's being very mean. I got dressed and my best pants are denim hot pants, so im rolling around with a tacticlol vest, combat boots, and hot pants. Went to my car and an AI uber screamed BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER at me and totaled my ride. Not having the best cyberday tbh.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh man this game

Found the park, even on PS4 that place looks insane. Went out to Pacifica. Did a bunch of gigs and killed people and still haven't even set foot on 3/4 of the map and oh my God this loving game!!!!!!

It just keeps getting better... and no crashes or anything now...

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That blood ritual cyberpsycho quest was legit kinda scary.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, this game is awesome, but the sidequest rewards are kind of disappointing. I did both of Delamain's quests so far (these were awesome) and the reward was good, not great. The tarot poster reward is incredibly lame, though. Just feels like I get cooler poo poo from blowing the heads off muggers.

Monowire is loving sick, though. Really fits my netrunner stealthy pistol chuck's aesthetic. Hoping I can find some mods for that one, have tons for the others.

Any good settings to drop a step for FPS gains? I know I found a site that tested everything for Control. Currently a little under RTX Medium's defaults. Removing RTX only gets me like 2 FPS under heavier crowds, so whatever, it's staying on.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 12, 2020

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Simone Magus posted:

Oh man this game

Found the park, even on PS4 that place looks insane. Went out to Pacifica. Did a bunch of gigs and killed people and still haven't even set foot on 3/4 of the map and oh my God this loving game!!!!!!

It just keeps getting better... and no crashes or anything now...

My rig is old. An ancient i7, 1050 ti, 8 gigs ram (lmao). When I started the game up for the first time it crashed 5 seconds into the corpo opening, taking my fancy new graphics drivers with it and turning my monitor off. And I thought, OH poo poo.

Never did manage to get the corpo start to not crash 5 seconds in, but the other two starts worked fine and I got a respectable framerate by dropping from the usual 1980x1050 to 1440x900 and dropping most poo poo did to low with the important stuff on medium.

And since then I've only had one crash and a few other minor bugs. sometimes sound doesn't play when it should or a thing im being handed/gun im cocking will be invisible. There is some slightly weird pop-in at times, but overall the technical side isnt nearly as bad as I was fearing.

And as for the game itself? Oooooooh yes. Just yes. Bigtime yes.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Dream Attack posted:

I suspect this is a bug, but quick tip: there is a maximum amount of ammo you can carry, and any ammo you find/buy/craft over that limit seems to disappear.

The limit seems to be 100 shotgun / 700 rifle / 500 pistol ammo so don't try to buy or craft ammo above that. I kept buying loads of rifle ammo at the gun dealers but whoops! All that money is gone.

I discovered this earlier trying to buy shotgun ammo.

Also 100 max sniper ammo.

These numbers include what in your mags.
This kind of sucks, because otherwise I had wanted to do a balls out Shotgun run.
That is until I discovered you barely find any ammo and can carry so little.
Little video game wise.
I can carry 30 guns but only 100 shells.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 12, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Been playing a lot of this on my bro's fancy computer and it doesn't glitch much outside of a crash or two here and there now but this game is really dated and....bad? It plays like a Bethesda game from 2013 I'm super confused as to what people are seeing in this game. The world itself is cool to look at but it's lifeless and only offers you one or two types of scenarios involving shooting people to play.

I think they weren't honest about what this game was, the developers at I mean. It's a very basic story driven FPS with very old school AI and world building in a really bad way. I'm not sure it can be fixed through patches or even DLC, it's fundamentally unimaginative and barren, gameplay wise.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Wiltsghost posted:

I'm really digging Keanu making random comments as I do side quests.

He even started a random side quest for me! Was wandering around this market somewhere near Wakado the fixer’s place, has a food vendor near it and when I walked by this street musician he popped up and started talking about him with V, which led to a neat quest I won’t spoil further. Try to bring at least $10,000 with you though because there’s a vendor with some kickass stuff (including an awesome legendary Samurai shirt with four clothing mod slots) that I’m not sure is available after the quest. Also some pretty good acting by Keanu I thought (I wound up begging him to give me some Johnny Silverhand trivia when he got grouchy and said he wasn’t my sidekick and he said “God, it’s like kicking a puppy if I say no now. A blind puppy!” :D).

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

Act 2 is where this game gets truly great. Playing on Hard and I'm in the swing of using hacks to get the edge over enemies.

Are many of the online comments just people exaggerating because it's cool to put down the overhyped triple-A game or something?

Playing on PC, the bugswise - weirdly floating cigarettes and phones and some texture pop-in. I did have a NPC follow me from the flathead mission after it ended but he eventually disappeared... and I got stuck in analysis mode once and had to close and re-open the game. The driving is really bad, but motorcycles own.

My fiancée is playing on an actual BASE PS4 and I think it looks good and is perfectly playable. She hasn't had any problems so far.

Fallout: New Vegas had some pretty horrendous bugs too and at the time there was talk about it, but it soon became a revered classic. I think this game deserves that too.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I found a legendary quality monowire just sitting in a crate in some random storage container I opened up on a whim. The loot distribution in this game is... Interesting. Too bad shooting guns or punching things is for losers, I only fight by brainhacking everyone to death.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Fried Watermelon posted:

Legendary cyberskin gives +200 armor so now I can do my naked terminator run

Yeah, got that one dirt cheap. Katana continues to improve.

Also picked up a body enhancement that is supposed to heal me for 50% of my HP bar if I use it in the grenade slot, but it doesn't do anything.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Progject posted:

Act 2 is where this game gets truly great. Playing on Hard and I'm in the swing of using hacks to get the edge over enemies.

Are many of the online comments just people exaggerating because it's cool to put down the overhyped triple-A game or something?

Playing on PC, the bugswise - weirdly floating cigarettes and phones and some texture pop-in. I did have a NPC follow me from the flathead mission after it ended but he eventually disappeared... and I got stuck in analysis mode once and had to close and re-open the game. The driving is really bad, but motorcycles own.

My fiancée is playing on an actual BASE PS4 and I think it looks good and is perfectly playable. She hasn't had any problems so far.

Fallout: New Vegas had some pretty horrendous bugs too and at the time there was talk about it, but it soon became a revered classic. I think this game deserves that too.

The negative comments are like 33% console players (game sucks on PS4), 33% 'I hit a game breaking bug and now I can't play this sucks' and 33%, 'I thought this was a jesus game but instead I guess it's just the Witcher with guns?'

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Eat My Fuc posted:

Been playing a lot of this on my bro's fancy computer and it doesn't glitch much outside of a crash or two here and there now but this game is really dated and....bad? It plays like a Bethesda game from 2013 I'm super confused as to what people are seeing in this game. The world itself is cool to look at but it's lifeless and only offers you one or two types of scenarios involving shooting people to play.

I think they weren't honest about what this game was, the developers at I mean. It's a very basic story driven FPS with very old school AI and world building in a really bad way. I'm not sure it can be fixed through patches or even DLC, it's fundamentally unimaginative and barren, gameplay wise.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but I was expecting basically new deus ex with bigger better more which the game absolutely delivers on. Now that I'm playing I'm actually more psyched than when I was waiting for it.

And I flat out disagree with you about the worldbuilding. I think all the character interactions and mission stuff is great.

I havent bumped hardcore into AI limitations yet but I HAVE run across a guy who apparently sits in the same place 24/7 complaining about how night city smells like poo poo. So there's that.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
Changing the difficulty doesn't change the amount of xp you get, right? I've been playing on normal and it's kinda easy but also kinda seems like it should be because I'm a super augmented badass. Leveling is really slow though, but I probably won't bother changing the difficulty if it doesn't change xp gain.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
After updating the drivers and overclocking my 1070 to the limit, I'm getting about 30fps at 1440p on High. I have to drop down to low or 1080p to get a solid 40. I haven't really done a proper A/B comparison but it seems there's very little difference between Ultra, High and even Medium (in terms of visuals or performance), while Low looks like rear end so I avoid it.

I think someone posted they're getting 40-50fps on a 1070 so I'm curious how that's possible outside of running it at complete potato quality. That was before the patch was out even, though I'm curious if it would help at all.

Nathilus posted:

I woke up with keanu.exe installed. He's being very mean. I got dressed and my best pants are denim hot pants, so im rolling around with a tacticlol vest, combat boots, and hot pants. Went to my car and an AI uber screamed BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER at me and totaled my ride. Not having the best cyberday tbh.
Same, but it said getting clothes is optional so I didn't.

It's no Saints Row 2 (but what is) but let's see how far you can go like that.

Also I want Johnny's gun where do I get one.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I kind of agree. I'm trying really hard to give it a go, but its just not clicking with me.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The way other characters interact with you and the environment when you're talking and getting missions, as well as on missions is so good. I think that for me adds the most immersion to this game over other open world games of its ilk like Fallout and Outer Worlds where the whole interaction you're fixed, staring at their face while they awkwardly talk back while hardly moving.

Also the driving in this game absolutely rules, feels like the cars have actual weight and physics to them. The only reason why driving is annoying is because of the dumb mini map. Saying that I've been using a controller for driving, lol at anyone using mouse and keyboard for that.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Man the hotfix actually increased performance after restarting my pc, I can now turn ON RTX on my 3070 and get 50+ fps on 1440p even when driving. That is really, really cool.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay why can't I buy or craft SMG ammo :confused:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

mobby_6kl posted:

Also I want Johnny's gun where do I get one.

I looked this up and apparently its very endgame, also locked behind doing keanu sidequests.

After main mission chippin' in, a side quest called voodoo boys is unlocked. That's it.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Also, with the amount of rain in night city, it doesn't make sense that its surrounded by desert!!!!!!!!