Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Rinkles posted:

i assumed it was intentional.

Not when it’s the majority of cars you see :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Elendil004 posted:

Is it possible to say have 5 in body but punch people all the time and grind punching xp and be a good puncher? Or do you need high body stat to unlock the punching perks, and if so what is the point of the levels of punch?

The perk trees only level up so far as the attribute above it. So if your Body is 5 then Street Brawling will max at 5 until you upgrade your Body. Meaning you can't get attribute dependent perks nor the maxed out tree perk at the bottom.

Toksai
Dec 3, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Ran into a gamebreaking bug.

During the assault on the All Foods, I wiped the Militech credstick of the virus and told Maelstrom about it. As a result I cannot leave the All Foods after the Militech assault. Jackie just clips through the final door and the door will not open. The door has a red light on it.

Is there a noclip cheat I can use?

Edit: PC version.

Edit2: Reloaded save and previous save and closed Cyberpunk and rebooted it. Same result, stuck behind the loving door.

I had this problem, but it was because I was hiding in the previous room killing the enemies in the last room through the doorway. When I reloaded a save and fully entered the last room before clearing it out, the door unlocked at the end. I've been having a few scripting problems from using long distance stealth hacking to pick people off, but getting into the room or closer seems to fix them.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow the relic is able to run this on medium at 1600X900 (the monitor I have) with the 1.04 patch.

The relic is an:
i5-2500k @3.30 GhZ (misremembered the cpu)
24gb ram (got lucky when I bought more the old stuff still worked)
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

I'm honestly pretty goddamn shocked.

No clue what FPS is, but I have a tolerance for 30 and sub from years of hobo gaming.

EDIT: poo poo it can even do high, but that's 20 fps I think. Still pretty shocked. Hopefully GeForce Now puts the 1.04 patch up soon.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

Holy loving poo poo the voice actor for this character changed during the very last line of dialog to someone who sounded totally different, it was loving jarring lol. Also the other character in this mission's dialog at the end is loving hilarious! Side stuff in this game rules tbh.

This guy rules:

I noticed that too. It’s literally just someone else for that one final line. I laughed out loud at that.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

queeb posted:

was this posted yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kbsywg/cyberpunk_2077_used_an_intel_c_compiler_which/

hexediting the exe can gain you a gently caress ton of fps on an AMD cpu.

im going to try now.

Holy poo poo thank you

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

mobby_6kl posted:

I think I just managed to dump a still conscious henchman into a container somehow so I can't save because it's still in combat mode. He shows up on the radar and shouts something from time to time.

They show this in the tutorials. And there's a katana stashed in the Clouds establishment, not sure how many hours in it's at but definitely not 27.

This happened to me with a dead body. There was a dead man lying face down with half his head missing screaming "IM GONNA KICK YOUR rear end" nonstop.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is respec 100k and it refunds everything or only some stuff?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elendil004 posted:

Only skill points, not attributes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Elendil004 posted:

Just perks, no attributes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel like the All Foods section is a combination of some of the big problems these types of games have. I started it by getting the credit chip from the military lady and immediately hacking it. They said I copied the malware but I didn't get anything, so I figured it would come up later. Apparently I was supposed to wait until after the mission was over to actually hack it, if I wanted anything from it? Has anyone else encountered this?

Also, I ended up killing Dum Dum and his friends, and then sneaking through the rest of the area, all because the game took backing up Jackie not wanting to sit down as "let's just kill everyone".

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Macrame_God posted:

Well, I just accidentally experienced my first sex scene in Cyberpunk and it was with Meridith Stout of all people, who I wasn't anticipating, but I got a dildo sword at the end of it so that's cool.

Just when this game starts to lose me with it's bugs and clunky driving controls it reels me back in.
Had that exact same thing happen last night. I thought she was going to give me a job. I guess she sort of did :pervert:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Combat Pretzel posted:

The edited .exe still the same settings as the unedited one? The additional effects from the surplus of CPU power?

yeah. let sit properly utilize more AMD cores i guess, or something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Momomo posted:

I feel like the All Foods section is a combination of some of the big problems these types of games have. I started it by getting the credit chip from the military lady and immediately hacking it. They said I copied the malware but I didn't get anything, so I figured it would come up later. Apparently I was supposed to wait until after the mission was over to actually hack it, if I wanted anything from it? Has anyone else encountered this?

Also, I ended up killing Dum Dum and his friends, and then sneaking through the rest of the area, all because the game took backing up Jackie not wanting to sit down as "let's just kill everyone".

i skipped the militech lady altogether, told jackie to sit down, and i think all out violence was my only option (besides paying the 10k out of pocket, which i didn't have).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 12, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rinkles posted:

i skipped the militech lady altogether, told jackie to sit down, and i think all out violence was my only option (besides paying the 10k out of pocket, which i didn't have).

I wonder what happens if you pay and Militech isn't involved. AFAIK every other option leads to a gunfight.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MazelTovCocktail posted:

What is the trigger for this? I've only had this happen once.

It's stats based but they never really explain it. I've got like 8 intelligence and suddenly I can jack into a lot more poo poo. In one single side gig mission I was in a ripper office and there were 5 vending machines I could jack into and get over 1000 bux a pop.

Also reminder of Deus Ex mindset...get up into the rafters, I've found like 2000 bux and purple items twice on a mission just in the rafters in the shadows.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Momomo posted:

Check your Cyberdeck skills inventory

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I noticed that too. It’s literally just someone else for that one final line. I laughed out loud at that.

ok so not a bug, a feature LOL. it was just a totally different person reading the very last line suddenly and goddamn the doctor's line about not making mistakes was awesome.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Is anyone else having eye strain and headaches when playing? It never happens to me except when playing this. I think it's the bright neon colors or the poor framerates I'm getting sometimed, but I can only play this game an hour or two at a time. Other games I can play no problem. I really disappointed because I really was enjoying my time with the game.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

This happened to me with a dead body. There was a dead man lying face down with half his head missing screaming "IM GONNA KICK YOUR rear end" nonstop.
Now that you mention it, I do sometimes see twitching corpses but they seem to be dead as far as the game is concerned.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Had that exact same thing happen last night. I thought she was going to give me a job. I guess she sort of did :pervert:
How did you manage this? I didn't come close to banging. Just like IRL I suppose.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

one thing i hate: if you hack the camera system and toggle the view to an upcoming room, it will almost always be empty/unpopulated until you enter it yourself. kind of defeats the purpose (yes hacking can already overpowered as is, but that's an issue elsewhere).

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
riding with Panam and Outsider No More kicks in.

All the feels

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Meatball posted:

Is anyone else having eye strain and headaches when playing? It never happens to me except when playing this. I think it's the bright neon colors or the poor framerates I'm getting sometimed, but I can only play this game an hour or two at a time. Other games I can play no problem. I really disappointed because I really was enjoying my time with the game.

i was having issues before the patch (on PS5), because everything was so fuzzy and hard to make out.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

magiccarpet posted:

Check your Cyberdeck skills inventory

There doesn't seem to be anything like that there, unless it's got a generic name. I also did not get the 10k that was supposed to be on the chip.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is there no way to just like, stealth kill with a katana instead of snapping necks? I want to just run someone through silently.

I also just got into act 2 and I’m already itching to just make a pure Cool/Reflex for pure katana mayhem, but it just seems like the stealth in this game isn’t that good.

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.
Am I missing something with the ping quickhack?Are the lines meant to disappear as soon as I come out of scan mode?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This french creole guy, went directly from cutting a chicken's head, to later typing computers, without washing or wiping his hands, that bug the hell out of me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stealth means you're not using guns which means you're not leveling guns.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

i was having issues before the patch (on PS5), because everything was so fuzzy and hard to make out.

I'm on ps4 pro, so it might be the framerates I get during combat.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have not bought weapon blueprints yet because I expect I won't be able to afford going past 5 tech anytime soon anyways, but I suppose I can see some of the appeal of reaching certain perk levels unlocking blueprints (though how many?) when blueprints for sale don't list if it is a power, tech, or smart gun. And mod blueprints only say the mod name, and don't seem to have a distinct icon compared to actual modules for sale?

"Would you like to buy the crusher blueprint?"
"What does that do? It is for melee weapons right?"
"...Would you like to buy the crusher blueprint?"

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Momomo posted:

There doesn't seem to be anything like that there, unless it's got a generic name. I also did not get the 10k that was supposed to be on the chip.

If you were able to do both sequences during the hack game, you get a quickhack called 'Synapse Burnout.' This was the first time I saved scummed.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

mobby_6kl posted:

Now that you mention it, I do sometimes see twitching corpses but they seem to be dead as far as the game is concerned.

A lot of times after shootouts, some of the baddies you dropped are actually still alive, just writhing on the ground and dying. They're effectively dead though, so you don't have to like finish the job for any reason other than roleplaying.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

The fixer always gets mad at me because I just go in loud as hell hacking and shooting up a storm.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m sorry but this game is no Deus Ex, it’s better than the lovely Deus Ex sequels but no one will be talking about this game in 20 years. It’s a solid, but unimaginative FPS. The only way this game is on the status of revolutionary as Deus Ex was/is is if it was released in 96, and outside of graphics it could have been. AI is Goldeneye level, gameplay is shoot or be shot, and the writing is sophomoric and sometimes actively harmful (the racist statistic joke about the cars).

It’s a 6/10 game that was hyped to be a masterpiece before it’s release so people have attached their identities to it being good. It’s an ok game, fun for some people but it’s not a genre defining classic like Deus Ex and to compare the two is insanity to me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Meatball posted:

I'm on ps4 pro, so it might be the framerates I get during combat.

Check that your brightness is at a decent level and the contrast on your television isn't too severe, TV calibration with a lot of dark crushed blacks contrasting with very bright lights can cause eye strain and headaches, especially in a game like this with already strong contrast.

Caros
May 14, 2008

stev posted:

I wonder what happens if you pay and Militech isn't involved. AFAIK every other option leads to a gunfight.

I'd take a guess that Militech shows up anyways.

That quest line is very much a big action set piece that they don't want the player to miss out on, so no matter your solution you are shooting someone in that factory.

On a tangentially related note, I really did not expect this game to have the level of writing it does at points.

In particular (early act 2 spoilers) The conversation at clouds with your doll is incredible if you let it play out.

The calm, measured tone of the doll, the vulnerability in fem V's voice and the general intimacy of the moment was unexpected.

It is very rare to have a game get me that invested in a scene, but the conversation about V's death, and how seriously it hosed her up is an amazing moment of character direction. Confronting a character who burns bright and dies young with the reality of what that actually meant in practice, how it shook her resolve and fundamental world view was loving incredible.

And then after all that you have to use the safe word and you are shocked out of this intimate moment by bright lights and a doll who is freaked the hell out. The whiplash of it was palpable.

And that isn't even the only story beat that shook me. You confront the father/son BD snuff film editors and the game really nailed the revulsion for me. You get what you are looking for, but the way they are written makes it hard not to want to hurt them, even though you might be conflicted.

Then the dad starts screaming after you shoot his son. Actually felt bad until I went on the laptop and found even more evidence of how hosed the pair was.

Just very solid writing at certain points is what I'm saying.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

A lot of times after shootouts, some of the baddies you dropped are actually still alive, just writhing on the ground and dying. They're effectively dead though, so you don't have to like finish the job for any reason other than roleplaying.

And xp and street cred!

I subdued a bunk of tiger claws only to find out they were running a snuff dungeon so I went back through shooting them on principle and found that you get bonus xp for it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m sorry but this game is no Deus Ex, it’s better than the lovely Deus Ex sequels but no one will be talking about this game in 20 years. It’s a solid, but unimaginative FPS. The only way this game is on the status of revolutionary as Deus Ex was/is is if it was released in 96, and outside of graphics it could have been. AI is Goldeneye level, gameplay is shoot or be shot, and the writing is sophomoric and sometimes actively harmful (the racist statistic joke about the cars).

It’s a 6/10 game that was hyped to be a masterpiece before it’s release so people have attached their identities to it being good. It’s an ok game, fun for some people but it’s not a genre defining classic like Deus Ex and to compare the two is insanity to me.

I've found the writing and premise genuinely interesting the further I get into the game. It's not spouting mountains of philosophy or conspiracies like the original Deus Ex, but saying the setting is just window dressing like some people have been is inaccurate, imo.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
All my guns are showing 0.0dps lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I went into the game having basically no expectations. So far this doesn't feel like Deus Ex, and feels way more like modern Fallout but you're Aiden Pierce (minus iconic hat). It feels bad the same level of janky as the fallout games, and the story seems to be entirely forgettable, but just going around loving with things seems pretty fun.

magiccarpet posted:

If you were able to do both sequences during the hack game, you get a quickhack called 'Synapse Burnout.' This was the first time I saved scummed.

Thanks, I do have this one. I thought I picked that up from something else. Not sure what happened to the money though.