Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Loki is D.B. Cooper?

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT That's loving Owen Wilson?! I never realised just how much his hair is a part of his normal character. And is it just me or does that intro segment where he escapes seem very sloppily edited?

It's all footage from Endgame recut to exclude dialogue, so that's why.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Pretty sure I saw Ruth Negga towards the end of the trailer too. Pretty hyped about this Loki show now!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Acknowledge Agents of Shield you cowards!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I acknowledge Agents of Shield......for me to poop on!!!

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Re-watching some 30 Rock. I don't know if there has been another show with more jokes per minute.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Police Squad!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s amazing how that cast and crew take a property I care 0 about and now make it something I cannot live without.

It's a property I care a very small amount about and "hybrid live action animated" kills any interest I had left after Samberg being in it. I don't even dislike him really, just not for this. Intense Alvin and the Chipmunks live action movie vibes.

But I'll forget they're even making it in 5 minutes so whatever.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Yeah we're gonna need a mod in here

I haven't watched BCS because I have no interest in Saul as a main character, so you might need another mod!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s time for a mutiny

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

I haven't watched BCS because I have no interest in Saul as a main character, so you might need another mod!

WE NEED THE MOD IF MODS

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
who's bob odenkirk?

:troll:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/chris-messina-verbatim-hbo-max-pilot-college-admission-scandal-1234655243/

No.

It wasn't interesting when it was 'news' and it's even less interesting as a drama.

In other news.

https://news.avclub.com/yeah-its-official-amc-theaters-says-itll-go-broke-in-1845861658/amp

AMC needs $750 million dollars to continue operations after Jan.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 12, 2020

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

feedmyleg posted:

Police Squad!

(in color!)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bull3964 posted:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/chris-messina-verbatim-hbo-max-pilot-college-admission-scandal-1234655243/

No.

It wasn't interesting when it was 'news' and it's even less interesting as a drama.

In other news.

https://news.avclub.com/yeah-its-official-amc-theaters-says-itll-go-broke-in-1845861658/amp

AMC needs $750 million dollars to continue operations after Jan.

Hey, they should have had a rainy day fund.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What do we do to stop Disney?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Khanstant posted:

Covid turbofucked almost every division except TV/Movies so keep on snacking on exotic meats until something else crosses the species barrier

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Accept the inevitable.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Watching the new season of the MacGyver remake and they were like "oh yeah the pandemic? that's over and past, let's move on now".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GreenNight posted:

Watching the new season of the MacGyver remake and they were like "oh yeah the pandemic? that's over and past, let's move on now".

My parents love that show so I catch half an episode from time to time and gotta say its not bad. I mean, its not great, but if you want a procedural in the same vein as Bones, its a good substitute.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT That's loving Owen Wilson?! I never realised just how much his hair is a part of his normal character. And is it just me or does that intro segment where he escapes seem very sloppily edited?

Not too impressed myself. At least in the comics they killed him off and reincarnated him in a new body before trying to make Loki an antihero

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Shageletic posted:

Not too impressed myself. At least in the comics they killed him off and reincarnated him in a new body before trying to make Loki an antihero

I mean... His part in Taika's Thor movie didn't clue you in?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I decided to continue with Schitt's Creek, and after a few episodes the family definitely get less douchy and more likeable. I'm nearing the end of season 2, while I still don't find it laugh out loud funny, but it's fun enough for me to keep watching

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oasx posted:

I decided to continue with Schitt's Creek, and after a few episodes the family definitely get less douchy and more likeable. I'm nearing the end of season 2, while I still don't find it laugh out loud funny, but it's fun enough for me to keep watching
Yep, it will continue to grow on you

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Oasx posted:

The Season 2 finale erased any lingering doubts I had. In wrestling, when a bad guy (heel) becomes a good guy (face, short for babyface) by doing something brave or noble or self-sacrificing, they call it a "face turn." That episode has one of my favorite face turns ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the S2 finale is the clicking moment where I was like "Ok, I'm totally on board and like this and them."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How loving metal is it that David Cronenberg is a reoccurring guest star in loving Star Trek.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

How loving metal is it that David Cronenberg is a reoccurring guest star in loving Star Trek.

He should just show up on set to every show filmed in Toronto.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm watching Battlestar Galactica and I wish they'd stop with the stupid intro montage with snippets of everything that happens in the episode

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Wilds is actually really good so far! It's got a lot of cursing and stuff, it's not the YA series it appears to be.

Lady of the Flies

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/NetflixNordic/status/1336007188146511872

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

What?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zeether posted:

I'm watching Battlestar Galactica and I wish they'd stop with the stupid intro montage with snippets of everything that happens in the episode

Oh man that was so annoying. Especially before the advent of “skip intro” buttons.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The NCIS flash forwards annoy me so much they turned me off the show (a decade ago). I still don't understand why they added that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I can't recall watching but I hope it's just a constant stream of "I will never EVER do this thing, no, I would rather die and chew on my own butt than even THINK about going to the NCIS band recital!" flash forward to them at the band recital.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks like one of those yearly Charlie Brooker shows hopefully with appearances by Philomena Cunk and Barry Shitpeas.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

Looks like one of those yearly Charlie Brooker shows hopefully with appearances by Philomena Cunk and Barry Shitpeas.

Yeah, Diane Morgan is listed so that confirmed it to me (also there’s no 2020 Wipe, so he must’ve spent his time making this instead).

The covid wipe he did in the middle of the year was excellent, and I can run hot and cold on Brooker.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Khanstant posted:

I can't recall watching but I hope it's just a constant stream of "I will never EVER do this thing, no, I would rather die and chew on my own butt than even THINK about going to the NCIS band recital!" flash forward to them at the band recital.

Nope, it's just a weird way they chose to cut to and from commerical break. They'd open with a black and white freeze frame of the last scene before the next commerical break.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Watching Broadcast News right now and I like how this lady has a southern accent but not to code her as stupid or ignorant, she's just from the south. However so far I think Anchorman 2 was funnier than this and they might have the same plot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve seen documentaries about dead kids I don’t think Anchorman 2 is funnier than. Quite liked Broadcast News, but didn’t find it a classic.