Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I am in your discord, I'm using the blueprints for the jetsled. Damned if I can figure out how it goes back together though, so my goal now is just to fly back to a shuttle spot and ferry my ship parts back to my Sanctuary L container for a rebuild.

Ask for help in discord dude - we can have someone ferry you to your ship etc

Also stop living out of Sanc - it's a trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

FileNotFound posted:

Also stop living out of Sanc - it's a trap.

FileNotFound posted:

I absolutely do not recommend DU solo - everything will take too long if you play by yourself.

Truer words were never spoken

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FileNotFound posted:

I absolutely do not recommend DU solo - everything will take too long if you play by yourself.

and will burn yourself like the other goons that usually play solo and burn themselves. Instead burn with us, on the moon, in space...

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Tempus Thales posted:

and will burn yourself like the other goons that usually play solo and burn themselves. Instead burn with us, on the moon, in space...

I'm hoping to get our space platform at least finished up in the next few days, just haven't been on. It will be real nice to have that done so we can park our space poo poo there. Plus when they make planet pvp and reduce the pvp zone it's going to make shooting mans more fun instead of just hunting main planetary pipes.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

DrCaptainSir posted:

I'm hoping to get our space platform at least finished up in the next few days, just haven't been on. It will be real nice to have that done so we can park our space poo poo there. Plus when they make planet pvp and reduce the pvp zone it's going to make shooting mans more fun instead of just hunting main planetary pipes.

I'd toxx myself that the current safe zone will never go away and the current planets will remain PvE forever and PvP and territory warfare will only be introduced to new systems - but I'd rather not give Lowtax money if by some freaky chance I'm wrong.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

DrCaptainSir posted:

I'm hoping to get our space platform at least finished up in the next few days, just haven't been on. It will be really nice to have that done so we can park our space poo poo there. Plus when they make planet PVP and reduce the PVP zone it's going to make shooting mans more fun instead of just hunting main planetary pipes.

I want some of whatever you are smoking... I think the current safe zone will remain as is, or even if it changes, that Alioth, Sanctuary Moon, and the other two moons as a minimum stay as a safe zone.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

https://upvote.dualuniverse.game/?order=popular&filter=all&tag=#controls

Get voting for poo poo you care about!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
My communication on Discord with the Community Manager:

quote:

[1:34 PM] NQ-Naerais: Hey! Sorry, I don't know why I didn't get your previous messages :frowning:
So, yes you can move the ship, but please don't drag it into space to destroy. The intention of the manuver was to literally push it off your property :wink:
Can't you be a nice Pirate?

[1:42 PM] Tempus Thales: @NQ-Naerais thanks for that communication. I think the only item I didnt like because it basically leaves me a player who chose the piracy path, with nothing to do. Allowing me to move a ship off my territory, but not capture it or steal it is pretty dumb. What am I supposed to do as a pirate then? Steal a Large container full of Unicorns and Rainbows?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Awful

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Please be nicer is this game that was supposedly designed to be almost entirely PvP.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

Please be nicer is this game that was supposedly designed to be almost entirely PvP.

At least they included a winky face... That makes up for it right?

Also this is how you land properly at Sanc 6 Market:

https://streamable.com/0luh3j

flick3r fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 8, 2020

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
How flexible is ship design really? Are they ok with copyright designs?

Can you make a ship that looks like the winnebago from spaceballs?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Freakazoid_ posted:

How flexible is ship design really? Are they ok with copyright designs?

Can you make a ship that looks like the winnebago from spaceballs?

Yes and it's been done.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

Money

flick3r fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 10, 2020

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
There's actually a little gadget you can craft in game that projects .obj files as a hologram you can then use as a build template. Mastering the current voxel tools is...complex, but once you do you can make a lot of neat poo poo and better tools are planned. It's tricky to work in the limited set of functional elements in game so far, but the voxels come in a reasonable range of textures even this early so there's a lot of flexibility. There is a time cost, but it's not too extreme unless you want to make the most enormous complex poo poo.

Game is pretty enthralling even with only the skeleton in place, and if it survives long enough it's got real potential to be like EVE but with more stuff to do. They just desperately need to get some PVP improvements in place soon or I feel a lot of doubt that they can hold enough attention.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
https://streamable.com/1ckom4

We discovered voxels that act as lights and decided to upgrade the candy cane tower... and to test the elevators......

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Massive PVP Conflict between Ascendency (AC) and Boo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi1yHMBSUnA

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

How's this game going so far? Just heard about it and it looks interesting. Would you recommend people start jumping in or eh?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

That Works posted:

How's this game going so far? Just heard about it and it looks interesting. Would you recommend people start jumping in or eh?

if you like building and mining can go ahead and start, if interested in pvp or basically anything else give it time.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

That Works posted:

I have really high hopes that the game will turn into something worth playing and would say that if you got money to burn it's worth to just cough up the $20 to queue up a year worth of skills and poke around a bit.

With that said - I certainly don't think the game is quite where it needs to be to be able to recommend it to anyone who isn't just looking for a slightly more tedious minecraft in space.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

If anyone still gives a gently caress about this game - and you probably shouldn't....but if you do - they reset the skill queues today.

So you'll have to reinstall - because I assume we all uninstalled - and requeue 3 years worth of skills before uninstalling again.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

If anyone still gives a gently caress about this game - and you probably shouldn't....but if you do - they reset the skill queues today.

So you'll have to reinstall - because I assume we all uninstalled - and requeue 3 years worth of skills before uninstalling again.

Thanks got everything re-queued, can't imagine I'll ever actually keep playing with their design decisions so far though.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

Oh. Good to know! Reinstating all skills sometime today!

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
Gentlegoons, and goonetts. i have fulfilled my absolute professey. I SKILLED UP MOTHA FUCKA. see you in the future of this make believe canvas brethren!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is DU particularly active? If so, can someone shoot me a referral link? I may try it out this weekend.

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
I was somewhat interested in DU. It’s pretty ambitious though. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ynglaur posted:

Is DU particularly active? If so, can someone shoot me a referral link? I may try it out this weekend.

It's not active at all. The developers have created a decent foundation for building things, but they have completely balked at actually creating a game around it rather than trying to make what little they already have be more tedious. Like, the only gameplay loop they have right now is mining resources, building an assembly line, and making stuff, and everything they do is focused around placing barriers to that loop to force people to play longer.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I was wondering why this thread seemed to go dead-rear end silent.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nalin posted:

It's not active at all. The developers have created a decent foundation for building things, but they have completely balked at actually creating a game around it rather than trying to make what little they already have be more tedious. Like, the only gameplay loop they have right now is mining resources, building an assembly line, and making stuff, and everything they do is focused around placing barriers to that loop to force people to play longer.

Yeah, I quit right after they added the stupid schematic system to the game to force some kind of non-player economy. There just didn't need to be any steps between starting the game and building large sized spaceships other than mining poo poo. The differentiator at the endgame was warp speed which was nearly impossible for randos to get done on their own, as the fuel and minerals to build them were very rare.

Still extremely proud of my medium-sized Corellian Corevette:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 24, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Wow, cool game/concept but ouch these graphics...

Edit: cant even get through the 20 min tutorial, the game keeps crashing.... is this normal? a feature? what?

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 27, 2021

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

iminers posted:

Edit: cant even get through the 20 min tutorial, the game keeps crashing.... is this normal? a feature? what?

Not sure. It's been a while since I played it. IIRC, it does take a lot of virtual memory to run. Did you limit your Windows pagefile size instead of leaving it at automatic?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Nalin posted:

Not sure. It's been a while since I played it. IIRC, it does take a lot of virtual memory to run. Did you limit your Windows pagefile size instead of leaving it at automatic?

Being around complex voxels needs a lot of memory, period. Prolonged stays around the districts (last time I visited them, anyway, in december) would happily balloon my ram usage to 20-30GB+. I remember one time I was flying around the area and the game crashed because it tried to use all 64GB...

Dual Universe isn't a bad game, but the devs definitely don't seem to know where they want to take it. It's had no really significant changes or patches in almost 2 months.

Funnily enough, my account subscriptions all expired in late december / early january, but I can still log in with all 3.

Have a few shots of my freighter (I lack creativity). It's a wonder this actually works as good as it does.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 27, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Nalin posted:

Didn't know that was a requirement, and no i didn't.
Ill look into that, thanks!

Is there any possible way to get my graphics to NOT look blurry? Lens flare?

When i first bought the game, the transaction went over on my side (they took the money out) but on their side nothing went through.
Talking to a customer support about this (showing proof i paid) was worse then pulling teeth.
It's like they wouldnt listen, even though proof was right in front of them.(3 hours of email tag)

Not a fantastic way to start my journey into a complex voxel space game.
Edit: this game reminds me of No Mans Sky in soooooo many ways..

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 27, 2021

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iminers posted:

It is normal. Aim the camera down and muscle through, once you get away from all of the starting city voxel nightmares, log out, clear cache, and restart, loading all the assets in the open space. Game will perform much better.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

It is normal. Aim the camera down and muscle through, once you get away from all of the starting city voxel nightmares, log out, clear cache, and restart, loading all the assets in the open space. Game will perform much better.

Your absolutely correct on that.
I was having fps issues but exiting the game, reloading etc made it playable again.

Why do these new game companies release early access games when their not even ready at all....

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

iminers posted:

Your absolutely correct on that.
I was having fps issues but exiting the game, reloading etc made it playable again.

Why do these new game companies release early access games when their not even ready at all....

To generate modest revenue while getting subscription numbers that boost outside investment which keeps them all paid until they decide to gently caress off to making a different game?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

To generate modest revenue while getting subscription numbers that boost outside investment which keeps them all paid until they decide to gently caress off to making a different game?

It's this.

This game will never be finished, but it's cool enough to get some money for it while the hype lasts.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

JC is no longer listed as the CEO of NQ. He has been replaced by the CEO of the VC that was funding NQ.

Welcome to the real DU end game I suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I mean, the concept of DU was never going to work. It wanted to be an entirely player-driven sandbox game, and those never work out. I can't think of a single example of that working out. Everything that comes close has a sandbox built on top of actual game content, which DU never bothered to implement and doesn't seem to have any plans to do.