Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I love lock picking but start reading into lock bypassing that is where it is at. Why try to crack the lock when you can bypass it quicker. A lock only keeps an honest man honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Are you talking about raking? I’m a novice so I could be very wrong but I don’t think there’s a way to bypass a traditional pin and tumbler lock, but I must say it’s super satisfying to bypass a padlock or numerical lock with quick sticks or an EZ decoder.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Go around the lock. Get a shove knife. Get the cheap one. Learn how to take a door off it's hinges. Be creative. Crawl over drop tiles. I don't pick locks anymore.

Yeah I sounded like a jerk in my response but why not just figure the way to go around a lock. A 3 foot bolt cutter can brute force through a padlock and all of this will land you in jail. Enjoy!

Battery power sawzalls are the ultimate lock pick.

stinkypete fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 12, 2020

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Are you talking about raking? I’m a novice so I could be very wrong but I don’t think there’s a way to bypass a traditional pin and tumbler lock, but I must say it’s super satisfying to bypass a padlock or numerical lock with quick sticks or an EZ decoder.

Nope! He means bypassing physical access controls. Raking is a lockpicking technique "Rake hook" is also the name of a particular shape of lockpick. I *DO* know that using a rake "properly" with the raking technique will pop a lock real quick, but it'll also absolutely leave scratches and evidence.

I pick rando padlocks from rando stores as fidget-toys to keep my hands occupied at work.

The other thingy is supposed to be a modern slimjim. I don't have one of those, I'm curious to hear if you get any use out of it.

Tiny fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 12, 2020

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Bombs away! I hope my santee isn't some kind of liberal, illiterate, diabetic vegan.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bought a pen-sized retracting rake with torsion wrench that I've picked only two locks with successfully. That's my lockpicking story, thanks for listening

Also

stinkypete posted:

Battery powered angle grinders are the ultimate lock pick.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

so uh

how 'bout them holidays

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Thanks Up The Bum No Baby!

I hung the needle points up and that shirt is awesome!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah enjoy that art

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

MonkeyWash posted:

Thanks Up The Bum No Baby!

I hung the needle points up and that shirt is awesome!

Perfect

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

(Just helping get the right picture vs a thumbnail)

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Tiny posted:

Nope! He means bypassing physical access controls. Raking is a lockpicking technique "Rake hook" is also the name of a particular shape of lockpick. I *DO* know that using a rake "properly" with the raking technique will pop a lock real quick, but it'll also absolutely leave scratches and evidence.

I pick rando padlocks from rando stores as fidget-toys to keep my hands occupied at work.

The other thingy is supposed to be a modern slimjim. I don't have one of those, I'm curious to hear if you get any use out of it.

I will try my shove knife first unless there is a deadbolt. The amount of improperly installed strike plates is weird and that would make my shove knife useless. It is fun when you get into motion activated door locks that unlock the door when you approach it to exit a room.

It is pretty fun to rake a lock. Once you master that most of them just kinda open.

Magnets how do they open locks?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If my santa or anyone still needs a gift idea:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PBQXDJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_o.x1FbKFFCAG6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

When you're the goodest boy and you have a nice big beach romp...

You come home and find out that you get delicious pupcakes!

For a special occasion like this, Luca put on his best!

Thanks, Mr Nice!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Got another package addressed to my dog. Oh well, the mail carrier probably already thinks I’m nuts anyways. What could it be this time?

Oh nothing, just a gi-loving-gantic bone that I think may have actually come from a mammoth! But does Lando like it?

Survey says- YES! He does like the bone, and will continue to enjoy it in 20 minute chew sessions!! Thanks TF, you’re truly the Great Satan! :d2a:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

When you're the goodest boy and you have a nice big beach romp...

You come home and find out that you get delicious pupcakes!

For a special occasion like this, Luca put on his best!

Thanks, Mr Nice!

Sweet. Those were the part I was worried about since they're perishable. Hopefully it's not too much for Luca!

Now we wait on part two.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mailed mine this afternoon. My victim should be getting their stuff next Monday.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Santa struck with a DPICM of gifts!

Gully was also thrilled!

CHOMP

Half of that thing was gone before I could finish the upload to my computer :buddy:

THANKS SANTA, ITS FANTASTIC! YOU ROCK!
Meanwhile, my package is stalking my santee, it should be there by tomorrow night at 9:00pm

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm really enjoying the amount of happy-rear end dogs this year.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 15, 2020

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WHO SENT ME THE REDBUBBLE SHIRT THAT SAYS "IM I BEING DETAINED"

SHOW YOURSELF COWARD

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ElMaligno posted:

WHO SENT ME THE REDBUBBLE SHIRT THAT SAYS "IM I BEING DETAINED"

SHOW YOURSELF COWARD

Not me, but that's pretty awesome :buddy:

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hail Satan Hail Love you all

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Moment of truth today, if my package goes from the export parcel center to Frankfurt, it's going by air. If it heads to Hamburg, welp.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Moment of truth today, if my package goes from the export parcel center to Frankfurt, it's going by air. If it heads to Hamburg, welp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nee8KfUtLBA

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That horn's frequency is way too high to be from the container ship that would carry Duzzy's package. Nice try, but nope.

In other news, I just spent A loving HOUR waiting in line outside the post office in MINUS TWENTY loving DEGREE WEATHER, but the package is sent.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

FrozenVent posted:

That horn's frequency is way too high to be from the container ship that would carry Duzzy's package. Nice try, but nope.

In other news, I just spent A loving HOUR waiting in line outside the post office in MINUS TWENTY loving DEGREE WEATHER, but the package is sent.

Sleep well you did Satan's or Santa's work your decide. My Santee might have another box tomorrow.

Stay Healthy Stay Happy Stay Warm you Goons!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Santa struck with a DPICM of gifts!

Gully was also thrilled!

CHOMP

Half of that thing was gone before I could finish the upload to my computer :buddy:

THANKS SANTA, ITS FANTASTIC! YOU ROCK!
Meanwhile, my package is stalking my santee, it should be there by tomorrow night at 9:00pm

Glad they made it there! There should be 2 more packages somewhere in the mail. My (sister's) pups love those rawhide alternative sticks, although they don't last quite as long. Ignition! is a super fun read too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

gently caress YUUUSSSSSSSSS

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Brute Squad posted:

Glad they made it there! There should be 2 more packages somewhere in the mail. My (sister's) pups love those rawhide alternative sticks, although they don't last quite as long. Ignition! is a super fun read too.

Thanks for the gifts, I will definitely keep an eye out! The rawhide + Ignition! box ended at my next-door neighbor's house, so I'll wait and see.
Santee delivery update: Package was delayed on the trip, allegedly will be there this afternoon by 7:15 pm (EST).

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Package shipped, should be arriving by saturday.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
OK stinkypete what's your explanation for this?!

Wait I get it now, its a 'TOE' missile

Thanks so much man, did you 3D print these yourself?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://i.imgur.com/nNzBGwW.mp4

Can't forget the green weenie

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Slim Pickens, Canada Post says your package will get there by the 24th, provided CBP doesn’t gently caress with it.

It’s adressed to S. Pickens because... come on.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shirt and prosthetic courtesy of GiP

Thank you to Pigsfeet on Rye for a wonderful parcel of gifts, you really went far. Landjaeger is the bee's knees and now I have a lasting reminder of Dubya.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

My wife printed most of them I run the software side of things and she is really good at making sure the print comes out intact and actually looks great. The little boy bomb came out better than expected. You got the reference on a "Toe Missile".

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

stinkypete posted:

My wife printed most of them I run the software side of things and she is really good at making sure the print comes out intact and actually looks great. The little boy bomb came out better than expected. You got the reference on a "Toe Missile".

It took me a minute to get, at first I was like 'what kind of sick poo poo is this?!'

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EBB posted:

Shirt and prosthetic courtesy of GiP

Thank you to Pigsfeet on Rye for a wonderful parcel of gifts, you really went far. Landjaeger is the bee's knees and now I have a lasting reminder of Dubya.

I'm glad you liked it! The landjaeger and kabanosy are from a local butcher, the coffee from a local roaster where I buy mine. The shirt looks good, too, I might have to get one. Also, I'm reading a copy of Endurance, I read it decades ago and it's an amazing story of survival.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FrozenVent posted:

Slim Pickens, Canada Post says your package will get there by the 24th, provided CBP doesn’t gently caress with it.

It’s adressed to S. Pickens because... come on.

:woop: looking forward to it. I had you last year, right?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

:woop: looking forward to it. I had you last year, right?

Year before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm glad you liked it! The landjaeger and kabanosy are from a local butcher, the coffee from a local roaster where I buy mine. The shirt looks good, too, I might have to get one. Also, I'm reading a copy of Endurance, I read it decades ago and it's an amazing story of survival.

Man, if I could send meat to the US, I'd be maxing out the 5lbs limit of my package every single year :(