Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Veselekov/status/1338218375986626561?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its not like deus ex very much. Its just kinda lame with no immersive sim type stuff to its gameplay

Edit: sorry for the weird edit the awful app confused me with its interface

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 14, 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not like deus ex because deus x has ai and presents a simulation. This is gta with nothing going on

:smith:

:negative:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Isn't V the player character? So, that person picked that dialogue option and then got mad about it?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

It's becoming pretty clear that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't really the kind of game I thought it was going to be (a really reactive RPG) and instead seems to be a modern Deus Ex but with a bigger open world and that kind of bums me out.

I'm sure it's perfectly good at being what it is, but it'll be a while before I play it because I'm going to have to banish any expectations I had for it a year or so ago.

The main story is really good, well-acted and you can tell a lot of effort went into it. But yeah it's nowhere near New Vegas levels of reactivity and the gameplay is much too simple to be interesting as a form of player expression (i.e. Dishonored). Cool game to look at but this product is not what was advertised.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Volte posted:

Isn't V the player character? So, that person picked that dialogue option and then got mad about it?

Like with Geralt in the Witcher games, you don't pick all of V's lines. That very well could have been an optional line but it doesn't have to be.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My guess is that the police NPC quest giver lady will still act like you want to help them even if you’re killing police by the dozen.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Watching videos of cyberfail breaking and imagining all the funny ways it used to break when it still had wall running

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The main story is really good, well-acted and you can tell a lot of effort went into it. But yeah it's nowhere near New Vegas levels of reactivity and the gameplay is much too simple to be interesting as a form of player expression (i.e. Dishonored). Cool game to look at but this product is not what was advertised.

That's definitely the impression I'm getting from reading people's reactions and reviews. I have no idea if the expectation of reactivity is on my own assumptions or on the marketing (or both) but it doesn't sound at all like the game I expected it to be. Pretty disappointing to learn, all around.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cyberpunk features powerful healing skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHTuEPU7uFk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

That's definitely the impression I'm getting from reading people's reactions and reviews. I have no idea if the expectation of reactivity is on my own assumptions or on the marketing (or both) but it doesn't sound at all like the game I expected it to be. Pretty disappointing to learn, all around.

That's literally how the game was marketed in the first gameplay preview from 2018, "look at how different everything can be no 2 playthroughs are alike," except the AI is braindead so it doesn't really matter what you do and also we never communicate what choices will be important later on down the line.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

That's literally how the game was marketed in the first gameplay preview from 2018, "look at how different everything can be no 2 playthroughs are alike," except the AI is braindead so it doesn't really matter what you do and also we never communicate what choices will be important later on down the line.
If that means that the outcome will be unpredictable even though it’s based on the choices you make, isn’t that the same as one of the best things about the Witcher?

I really enjoyed how the early mission with the flathead went in that regard.

Edit: and then right after that an NPC literally says “his mistake was thinking that he could control anything”

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 14, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Color Printer posted:

hey i'm like four years late but i'm about halfway through doom 2016 and it's real good so far

the argent energy tower climb can gently caress right off though

game owns. I actually literally just beat doom 64 for the first time, having spent many years with others in the 'i thought this was just a doom port' camp. it's good! it's good doom though it's a bit underwhelming, maybe, coming to it in 2020 after playing tons of player-made WADs and retro throwback stuff like dusk. the core is still good, though it's still mostly a switch and key hunt. they overused the barons/knights a lot too, I'm not against that enemy in general, but it's not used in an interesting way. just 'one or a few teleported in this room with you' and you just easily juke their shots and grind them down.

in fairness, the game wasn't designed for mouse/keyboard.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Hwurmp posted:

So I've been looking up stuff on Bugsnax and apparently in the finale the Grumpuses can loving die, and it's actually crushing, especially if they had a lover who survives? I was not prepared

If you complete every side quest, no one dies, no matter how badly you gently caress up saving them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

They marketed it as "here's one way this mission went now just imagine what else could happen (we won't show you)" which apparently won lots of people over.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Barudak posted:

If you want the character to talk, let them talk while Im doing stuff and progressing the game. Otherwise Im just gonna speed read and skip dialog as fast as you'll let me.

I wish Yakuza’s little side convos wouldn’t end just because I got into a fight or picked up an item

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

in fairness, the game wasn't designed for mouse/keyboard.

If you're on mouse+keyboard you can cruise through with just the super shotty & chainsaw for 99% of the game, so I think it was.

Handsome Wife posted:

If you complete every side quest, no one dies, no matter how badly you gently caress up saving them.

what kind of gamer do you think I am

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am going to play more Cyberpunk while drinking mulled wine, possibly the least cyberpunk beverage

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
In the time between cyberstunk getting announced and it's release the entire saga of no man's sky happened. Just food for thought

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For every time I come away from a moment in Cyberpunk thinking "that was cool" there's a countervailing moment where an NPC recites a monologue from The Office verbatim

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wuggles posted:

I wish Yakuza’s little side convos wouldn’t end just because I got into a fight or picked up an item

Spam triangle and view them later at the bar

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am starting 13 sentinels. Someone here said something wild would happen within 7 minutes, so I'm setting a timer on my phone for 7 minutes and will post my reaction to the first seven minutes of the game here

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are you the guy who quit Life Is Strange before the first interaction prompt?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nothing too interesting happened in the first seven minutes. Will keep the thread updated

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

haveblue posted:

Nah. Just having a bit of a joke based on this

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

:sickos:

Can't wait to hear back when the crazy poo poo starts happening - see you in about seven minutes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

That was my wife lol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lots of posts but Cassandra Lee Morris spotted already, I swear she voices someone in drat near every game I play

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my prediction for cheetah's 13 Sentinels opinion cheetah do not read until you've beat the game he'll be positive but say it doesn't live up to the hype that the thread has given it. the rest of this spoiler block is just blank space to make him think i think his opinion will be weird as hell. enjoy this blurb from the star ocean wiki: In the PSX version, Unlimited Gabriel on Universe Mode's MP automatically goes down to 999 as the creators of the game didn't program it to go higher than 20,000. It is unknown if this can be considered a glitch, however. Gabriel is the only storyline character featured in the tri-Ace games as a whole to not only be the final boss, but also the final superboss, thus making him the only tri-Ace antagonist to have possibly surpassed the company's strongest trademark boss, the Ethereal Queen (though which of the two is stronger is matter of debate).

Iseria Queen can be summoned by having a character with Music level 10 play "The Devil's Aria" which requires the Silver Trumpet. The Silver Trumpet can be obtained after defeating Gabriella Celesta in the lowermost level of the Maze of Tribulations. She is one of the most powerful bosses, second only to the final boss Gabriel (or Indalecio) when at full power.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Am I so predictable you can write multiple paragraphs on how I'll respond to something before I've expressed a single opinion on it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
lmao

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

That seems like a really accurate prediction, honestly.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is this one of those stories where the robots are actually puberty

There's a surprising number of those

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Not sure about the first part but the second part yeah, thats the one part that doesnt get mentioned too much so it shouldnt be telegraphed

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

Lots of posts but Cassandra Lee Morris spotted already, I swear she voices someone in drat near every game I play

Heyyyy, bestie! (I don’t know if you’ve played Bugsnax)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

Is this one of those stories where the robots are actually puberty

There's a surprising number of those

Don't read this:

In most Teenage Robot games the robots are metaphorically puberty, but now they're literally puberty :getin:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

wuggles posted:

Heyyyy, bestie! (I don’t know if you’ve played Bugsnax)

when i first heard filbo i liked his voice right off and then found out later it was max mittelman again

that guy's shooting to the top of my favorite va's

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

when i first heard filbo i liked his voice right off and then found out later it was max mittelman again

that guy's shooting to the top of my favorite va's
I simp hard for Robbie Dramond’s Akechi, but in Bugsnax he is just the Buffalocust

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The sheer audacity of a story whose chapters are highly non chronological starting a chapter in media res

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I assume it gets harder but the first real mission is to defend for 2 non-paused minutes and I killed all the enemies in 13 seconds lol

e: oh I posted this literally seconds before it asked me what difficulty I wanted to play on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Savage version of the ninth boss in the Eden raid in FFXIV, which requires you to fight this version of the Cloud of Darkness from FF3: