Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

BonoMan posted:

Forza Horizon is not the game for you. Go play regular Forza.
i don't have regular forza, but i'm coming around on horizon. it's pretty fun, but one thing is really pissing me off. every time i look at the map, i have to wait for some rear end in a top hat to finish saying some dumb bullshit before i can exit out and get back to driving. just let me drive the car you fuckers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I'm really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 on the Series X so far, but I think my expectations were lower than that of most. I just wanted a modern open world Deus Ex, and I'd say that it delivers that.

The bugs are definitely present though, I just finished the prologue and I've seen some really weird stuff. The worst was a scene that was supposed to be emotional that was ruined by a character that inexplicably had pistols glued to their hands, who then shoved the gun through one ear until it clipped clean through their head and exited out the other, like something you'd see in an Elmer Fudd cartoon. It was hilarious but totally ruined the mood. Jacky's death in the car, when he removes the chip from his head, and even after he died he still had a death grip on those pistols.

I've also found that there's a decent chance of enemies getting stuck in a T-Pose after using quick hacks on them, which is awesome, and one enemy who spawned in a permanent lifeless ragdoll state, that screamed for backup during the whole fight.

Probably the most irritating thing for me though is the lack of other language subtitles if you turn cinematic subtitles off, it took me hours into the game before I found a long cutscene that was entirely in Japanese to make me realize I was missing something.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

butt dickus posted:

i don't have regular forza, but i'm coming around on horizon. it's pretty fun, but one thing is really pissing me off. every time i look at the map, i have to wait for some rear end in a top hat to finish saying some dumb bullshit before i can exit out and get back to driving. just let me drive the car you fuckers!

This will get way fewer and far between as you progress. But yes it's a little annoying at first

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
loving hilarious how the game held up as the next coming of jesus by the media and capital g gamers alike ends up an 8/10 middling looter shooter that dials back most features from the 2018 gameplay reveal, even if bugs and performance gets patched

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BoosterDuck posted:

loving hilarious how the game held up as the next coming of jesus by the media and capital g gamers alike ends up an 8/10 middling looter shooter that dials back most features from the 2018 gameplay reveal, even if bugs and performance gets patched
I think the most hilarious thing here is you listening to the media and gamers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

I think the most hilarious thing here is you listening to the media and gamers.

Sometimes the shark tank backs up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It owns that cyberpunk shat the bed cause we can talk openly about our critical opinions without guys writing like angry zaphod posts about how wrong we are and to get good actually

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Miles McCloud posted:

The bugs are definitely present though, I just finished the prologue and I've seen some really weird stuff. The worst was a scene that was supposed to be emotional that was ruined by a character that inexplicably had pistols glued to their hands, who then shoved the gun through one ear until it clipped clean through their head and exited out the other, like something you'd see in an Elmer Fudd cartoon. It was hilarious but totally ruined the mood.

This is the annoying thing for me too, ill be really into the game, seeing something cool and then something very stupid will appear and remind me the game isn’t finished.

If we had a fixed delivery date for an improved version I’d probably wait to play it, but I’ve never been the patient kind.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does Morrowind ever go on sale?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does going into game pass count?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not for me.

I usually know the sales trends of the eshop and PSN, but unfamiliar with how Microsoft does it these days. I bought Panzer Dragoon Orta and it went 50% off a couple days later.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Red Warrior posted:

Make a new Viva Piñata you cowards. So much they could do there to modernize that and it would look just stunning.

viva pinata was the best game on the xbox 360 and i'd fuckin love to see a new one with a much larger garden and a less strict limit on how many things you can place in your garden at once

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

butt dickus posted:

This is definitely the most annoying aspect of the game.

FH4 would be the perfect game to pick up and play for 15-20min while you wait for a friend to get online or to quickly knock over some races but nooooope gotta jam it full of dumbass menus and include unskippable poo poo that does nothing more than annoy you into not wanting to play the game again.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Laserface posted:

This is definitely the most annoying aspect of the game.

FH4 would be the perfect game to pick up and play for 15-20min while you wait for a friend to get online or to quickly knock over some races but nooooope gotta jam it full of dumbass menus and include unskippable poo poo that does nothing more than annoy you into not wanting to play the game again.

The menu is insane. Like I love the game but goddamned that is an insane menu. Granted there is a metric fuckton of content and modes and cars and whatever .. but it takes a lot to get used to that menu.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Three things:
1. Viva pinata freaks me out. You breed these things to bust them apart. And it doesn't even kill them. Their life is a constant hell of being busted open. And let's not even get into the forced incest.
2. The bathroom battle in Yakuza 0 is kicking my rear end. I'm still adjusting to the combat system.
3. Also Yakuza 0 related, the cut scenes are so long that my Xbox one S goes into idle mode where the screen dims. Anyway to fix that?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

butt dickus posted:

When I tried playing FH4 again the other week, this part made me quit out and uninstall it. Just zero tolerance for that.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
cyberpunk 2077 feels like a gta cyberpunk mod, its not very good

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Detective No. 27 posted:

It went on sale on Black Friday for five bucks, I already had it so I bought a Oblivion for five dollars instead.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my ecks dee box has shipped :toot:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I pulled myself away from Cyberpunk to try Greedfall and I enjoy it. It has a fantasy New World colonialism theme with different factions you can favor. The opening tutorials in your home town are awful errand work and should have been cut. The game starts to open up when you reach the colonies. They should have just dumped you there
in the first place with a note Morrowind style.

My character has a cool age of sail aesthetic and fights with a rapier and black powder pistol. The cutscenes look kind of bad but the regular gameplay looks great. The landscapes in particular are often gorgeous.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Cool, I just downloaded Greedfall yesterday (also setting aside Cyberpunk, though in my case because I'm underwhelmed and want to wait for the next gen update) and did a bit of character creation research. I'm thinking of a similar sword + gun build, with lockpicking as my first talent since passing up locked doors/chests in RPGs makes my brain shiver.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I pulled myself away from Cyberpunk to try Greedfall and I enjoy it. It has a fantasy New World colonialism theme with different factions you can favor. The opening tutorials in your home town are awful errand work and should have been cut. The game starts to open up when you reach the colonies. They should have just dumped you there
in the first place with a note Morrowind style.

My character has a cool age of sail aesthetic and fights with a rapier and black powder pistol. The cutscenes look kind of bad but the regular gameplay looks great. The landscapes in particular are often gorgeous.

I fully endorse the contents of this post, I agree 100%.

Was Greedfall an overlooked game when it came out or have I just not been paying attention? I'm glad I'm playing it right now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

John F Bennett posted:

I fully endorse the contents of this post, I agree 100%.

Was Greedfall an overlooked game when it came out or have I just not been paying attention? I'm glad I'm playing it right now.

It got some attention when it was released but then quickly forgotten. Puzzling since everything I heard about it at the time was positive except for a minor controversy which I can't even remember what is was about.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
also I'm late but re: PGR, no modern racing game is really going to sufficiently scratch the PGR itch, and I say that as someone who overwhelmingly owns racing games and also just recently 100% completed PGR3. There is just this certain atmosphere to PGR's career and racing structure that never made the leap to the Forza games after Bizarre threw in the towel. I agree with the poster who said NFS is more akin to that kind of game than Forza for sure

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m not into racing games at all but I absolutely love Forza Horizon

It’s like the Mario kart of games with licensed cars. Or the evolution of burnout paradise

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

horizon is cool but tbh once they open up a zillion events and also drop 25 cars on you from gifts and super spins and barn finds and poo poo it all becomes too much to approach and i stopped

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just drive around. It's fun.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Celexi posted:

cyberpunk 2077 feels like a gta cyberpunk mod, its not very good
What the gently caress

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Horizon 1 had the perfect rpg lite system and car unlock system imho and the series hasn't been as fun since then.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Super No Vacancy posted:

horizon is cool but tbh once they open up a zillion events and also drop 25 cars on you from gifts and super spins and barn finds and poo poo it all becomes too much to approach and i stopped

I've got Horizon 3 (with all the DLC) and 4 on my xbox waiting for me, it feels like there's a lot to get through there. Will get round to them eventually.

I just downloaded Greedfall off those recommendations, and also Unto the End - which I haven't seen anyone say is good :| I thought it looked cool

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Tomorrow it's Skyrim day on game pass. Promised myself I was done with that game but I've never played it in 60fps so I guess I'm starting a new game.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

John F Bennett posted:

Tomorrow it's Skyrim day on game pass. Promised myself I was done with that game but I've never played it in 60fps so I guess I'm starting a new game.

Just FYI, you need to download a tiny mod to get 60 fps on the console - https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeries...utm_name=iossmf and this will let you change the FOV - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4009607

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

Horizon 1 had the perfect rpg lite system and car unlock system imho and the series hasn't been as fun since then.

hard disagree. FH1's world sucked rear end and it was the racing equivalent of a rail shooter. You couldn't explore the landscape, hell you couldn't break wooden fences in over half the map. It's embarrassing to go back to even if you had only touched FH2

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

Just FYI, you need to download a tiny mod to get 60 fps on the console - https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeries...utm_name=iossmf and this will let you change the FOV - https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4009607

Yep, already put together a short mod list. But thanks!

Ah, but I didn't know there was an fov mod too, thanks!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I've printed out a picture of an xbox series x and taped this picture to the front of my xbone.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m refreshing Amazon occasionally and looking sad

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

We are brothers, you and I.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Yesterday I looked at my "pending" order confirmation from MS and said "microsoft ship me my console you cowards" and this morning I woke up to the shipping notification. I'm not saying it's gonna work but it ain't gonna hurt

mem
Sep 1, 2005
I played a dozen or so hours of cyberpunk this weekend and rather enjoyed my time with it. Some bugs here and there, and it was funny the first time I parked my car and came back to miles of traffic in every direction. The story elements seemed pretty solid so far, and I found plenty of interesting stuff just wandering around. I did not care for the witcher games so I'm probably an outlier though.

I do kind of wish they had done the shadowrun setting instead of this one, but it's been interesting exploring a new setting.

Really I would just like more time because I'm in the middle of yakuza 7 which is a spectacularly funny game for someone who's never played any of the others. I might finish that up while cdpr works on patching up their game.

My only regret so far on xsx is valhalla. It's...okay I guess. I don't think these new style of assassin's creed games is for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

mem posted:

My only regret so far on xsx is valhalla. It's...okay I guess. I don't think these new style of assassin's creed games is for me.

Valhalla's a great example of a game where you just kinda put on a podcast, shut your brain off, and start tracking down all the glowing dots and side activities. If you're looking for something that'll let you do that for 80-200 hours, Valhalla's your game. The main quest is a real slog, though, and not particularly interesting.

I've played something like 95 hours of it and don't regret it, but I'm also the kind of person who loves checking poo poo off the to-do list and getting those glowing dots off the map.