Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Astro7x posted:

WWE TLC Results
  • On the preshow, Akira Tozawa won the 24/7 Championship with a roll up after R-Truth (c) tried to run away by climbing up a tiny ladder backstage.
  • The New Day (c) defeated The Hurt Business (Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin) when New Day hit The Midnight Hour on Cedric Alexander to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles.
  • Sasha Banks (c) defeated Carmella by disqualification to retain the Smackdown Women’s Title after Carmella’s sommelier handed Carmella a bottle that was used as a weapon.
  • Bobby Lashley (c) defeated literal accused rapist Matt Riddle with a roll up after MVP caused a distraction on the ring apron to retain the US title.
  • Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) defeated Asuka and Lana after Baszler put Asuka through a table to retain the Women’s Tag Titles. Baszler then motioned that she wanted the Raw Women’s Title.
  • Randy Orton defeated The Fiend in a Chair Match when The Field quit after Orton threatened to use a chair on Alexa Bliss
  • AJ Styles defeated Drew McIntyre (c) to win the WWE Championship in a TLC Match after Omos just simply lifted AJ into the air until he was high enough to grab the title.
  • Roman Reigns (c) defeated Kevin Owens in a TLC match to retain the Universal Championship.
  • GDT Discussion here.

I can't believe that you would talk about all of that and not mention all of the backstage vignettes and storylines that went down, because excellent storytelling designed to please the fans is what makes the WWE what it is today!

I for one am a fan of the fact that they are finally pulling the trigger on having Rhea Ripley join the main roster: having her come in as Stephanie McMahon's valet for Steph's upcoming run at the Women's title is a great way to ease her into the big time, and I even hear dirtsheet rumours that after the angle is over they're going to let her return to NXT and spend some time helping develop the other talent there by teaching them what she's learned.

All in all it's a great idea, and while I am not sure about her new catchphrase "You're twice the woman I am, Steph", having her wear Chyna's old outfits is a great nod to the WWE's history, and proof that the WWE is thinking about its fans when booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You are the fiend

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ItohRespectArmy posted:

she's looking real jacked, nothing wrong with that.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If you ain't all jacked up, hit the loving bricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrINE-FX5bE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1338632380999999493
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

why

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

These Mucinex ads are getting weird.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Back in my day we closed out lovely years by having Goldust dress up like baby new year and Stone Cold stunnering him in a port-a-potty.
Even a few years ago we had Big Show dressing up as a baby and dancing.

So, uh. This is progress.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
art still exists, and hell, it’s in WWE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im so glad that wwe laid the smack down on 2020 and that the family in charge of wwe was not at all personally involved in the administration that caused so much suffering in america

smiles

on

faces

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
drew mcintyre knew he'd really made it when he cut a promo at an empty space on the year 2020 in front of hundreds of zombified lcd faces

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just got done watching that minute long AEW Christmas Story reenactment with MJF and thought "This isn't for me but this is a cute holiday thing and cool that TNT is promoting it". This is aggressively lame and I had to watch the whole thing to make sure it wasn't a parody.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Someone at WWE saw those "Gritty saves the vote" style edits of old matches and thought they could create a viral sensation

There's actually only one WWE Hall of Famer skilled at creating viral sensations

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That video is a war crime

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is really not going to help the whole "can't tell what's real WWE results and what's parody" thing.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Drew McIntyre/Galloway seems like a cool dude, he's charismatic and has a good look. I don't think history will remember this year of WWE much at all besides the Covid weirdness, but I hope Galloway doesn't get painted with some Diesel-champion failure thing.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I bet Vince is literally rolling on the floor laughing his rear end off. Quick Dunn queue up some screen drones! <same 10 or so repeated people doing the thumbs down or cheering at the appropriate marks>

AsInHowe posted:

That video is a war crime

Much like KSA or Russian politician deaths, you can’t prove anything.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Tato posted:

Drew McIntyre/Galloway seems like a cool dude, he's charismatic and has a good look. I don't think history will remember this year of WWE much at all besides the Covid weirdness, but I hope Galloway doesn't get painted with some Diesel-champion failure thing.

much like diesel, it really isn't his fault at all.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ItohRespectArmy posted:

much like snitsky , it really isn't his fault at all.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is it too late to nominate 2020 for the worst gimmick tournament?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

shiksa posted:

drew mcintyre knew he'd really made it when he cut a promo at an empty space on the year 2020 in front of hundreds of zombified lcd faces

If they’re using the same crowd reactions over and over again I suppose some of the people in them are already dead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's like canned laughter, everyone who participated is dead.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
AJ winning a ladder match by riding Omos' shoulders would rule too much for them to actually do it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who the gently caress is Omos!?

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Who the gently caress is Omos!?

He is AJ's friend.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I told you Raw was Omos, this is not a joke.

It's the future of WWE

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They're so far away from doing anything that isn't completely full of cringe

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The inevitable 2021 heel turn and "you people" promo

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

WWE star 2021 found to have used the N word on twitch

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
nxt name generator but in real life

https://twitter.com/jacknicklaus/status/1338628170694750214?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Todger Strunk is 100% a phony Longmont Potion Castle prank call alias.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jesus WEP posted:

Was that Wyatt/Miz match the one where Wyatt was threatening Miz’s wife and baby and then Miz came out for the match doing his usual hollywood poses for his entrance like it was some nothing TV match

And then calmly allowed Wyatt to do his full entrance, and waited for the match to officially start.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymWAeqv_-c

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1338673404992491525?s=20

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

OK, so I saw that New Day had Matt Riddle managing(?) them, or at least at ringside with them for their match vs Hurt Business.

Both Xavier and Kofi seem like nice people who would be against the crime of rape.

So my question is, could one go to management, or whoever is booking the match and say, "We do not want to be associated in any way, even in storyline, with a rapist. Please don't put him in an angle/story with us."?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey has turned their powers to evil :gonk:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Does "Todger" mean anything different in the US? Because in the rest of the Anglosphere, it means "penis."

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Even Swiss Toni would have to concede, that must be the biggest Todger in the world.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in america strunk means todger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results 12/14:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • There will be an “Ascension Ceremony” with Drew McIntyre and AJ Styles tonight ahead of their title match at TLC.
  • The Miz read “The Nightmare Before TLC”, acted by AJ Styles and John Morrison. Sheamus came out wanting to fight AJ.
  • AJ Styles defeated Sheamus in a singles match, then attacked Sheamus with a steel chair afterwards. During the match, Omos (AJ’s giant bodyguard) straight up just interfered and pulled AJ out of a move in front of the referee, which is apparently perfectly legal?
  • The Hurt Business bothered a stagehand.
  • The New Day and Jeff Hardy didn’t mind being bothered backstage by literal accused rapist Matt Riddle.
  • The Hurt Business defeated The New Day and Jeff Hardy in a six man tag.
  • Asuka gave Lana a pep talk backstage about Lana’s match with Nia Jax.
  • Lana defeated Nia Jax in a singles match. In less than 2 minutes.
  • Shayna Baszler laid out Asuka backstage then ran out and attacked Lana, but Asuka recovered and saved her.
  • Elias did a segment with new buddy/bodyguard/fan(?) Jaxson Ryker. R-Truth interrupted, Ryker beat up the 24/7 Jobbers.
  • Backstage, Keith Lee challenged The Miz & Morrison to a handicap match.
  • Miz & Morrison defeated Keith Lee in a handicap match.
  • Bray Wyatt did an in-ring promo and Randy Orton challenged him to a game of hide-and-seek. Cheers are being piped in for Bray Wyatt now so apparently the sadistic supernatural horror monster wearing the stretched flesh of a victim as a mask is a face.
  • Mace defeated Ricochet in a singles match after Mustafa Ali gave him the advice to do another move after the previous move didn’t beat him. Ali and Samoa Joe both openly referenced that Mace was Dio Maddin.
  • Matt Riddle bothered Bray Wyatt backstage, then chatted to Ramblin’ Rabbit.
  • After the attack by Shayna earlier, Lana is no longer teaming with Asuka to challenge for the tag titles on TLC.
  • Dana Brooke defeated Shayna Baszler in a singles match by DQ when Nia just straight up shoved Nia off the top turnbuckle. A returning Mandy Rose ran out and beat up Shayna and Nia with a kendo stick… then Shayna just beat up Rose anyway until Asuka saved her.
  • R-Truth chatted to Huskus the Pig and his father Bray Wyatt backstage.
  • Bray Wyatt found a rocking chair backstage and sat in it. Randy Orton punched him in the back of the head. This was Randy’s plan.
  • Orton locked Bray in a crate and set fire to it. The Fiend showed up and put Randy into the Mandible Claw.
  • Matt Riddle defeated MVP in roughly a minute in a singles match. Lashley rushed the ring afterwards but Matt Riddle escaped.
  • Miz and Morrison attacked Drew McIntyre during the “Ascension Ceremony” with AJ Styles where the belt was raised up above the ring. Drew fought them off before Omos tripped him and AJ got the upper hand.
  • AJ hit an elbow drop from the ladder through a table on Drew, then took the belt down and posed with it to end the show.
  • GDT Discussion here.