Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like the idea of having a little village you build in the same game as the naval stuff but I'm not buying any more Assassin's Creed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone else get their Game Pass Ultimate Codes problem fixed? I sent in a report like 5 days ago and haven't heard anything. I just tried again and says chat support isn't available for this problem so they sent me an automated thing. It had me try to redeem the code and it says it was expired. So I tried it again on the redemption website and it said it was still for new customers only. I don't know how I'm supposed to fix this.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I like the idea of having a little village you build in the same game as the naval stuff but I'm not buying any more Assassin's Creed.

Building the village isn't even interesting. Each new building requires both supplies and raw materials. The former can be looted from just about anywhere, but the latter specifically requires you to repeat the same old raid over and over on different monasteries around the map. And apart from a few buildings that provide services like the tattoo shop or hunter, they're mostly just there to make the feast buff more powerful. It still feels sterile and lifeless no matter how many people's houses you construct.

Black Flag was the last AC game I played before this, and after seeing how much of a slog Valhalla is, I think I'm glad I skipped Origins and Odyssey.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

Anyone else get their Game Pass Ultimate Codes problem fixed? I sent in a report like 5 days ago and haven't heard anything. I just tried again and says chat support isn't available for this problem so they sent me an automated thing. It had me try to redeem the code and it says it was expired. So I tried it again on the redemption website and it said it was still for new customers only. I don't know how I'm supposed to fix this.

Oh man thanks for the reminder I need to get on that. I’m going to try asking for a call back as live support might be better then chat.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Toaster Beef posted:

Valhalla's a great example of a game where you just kinda put on a podcast, shut your brain off, and start tracking down all the glowing dots and side activities. If you're looking for something that'll let you do that for 80-200 hours, Valhalla's your game. The main quest is a real slog, though, and not particularly interesting.

I've played something like 95 hours of it and don't regret it, but I'm also the kind of person who loves checking poo poo off the to-do list and getting those glowing dots off the map.

Yeah this is me as well. I love checklist games sometimes where I watch YouTube videos while running around. It’s gotten to the point for me where it’s turning into a slog so I probably won’t finish it. I would not recommend this game.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

404notfound posted:

Building the village isn't even interesting. Each new building requires both supplies and raw materials. The former can be looted from just about anywhere, but the latter specifically requires you to repeat the same old raid over and over on different monasteries around the map. And apart from a few buildings that provide services like the tattoo shop or hunter, they're mostly just there to make the feast buff more powerful. It still feels sterile and lifeless no matter how many people's houses you construct.

Black Flag was the last AC game I played before this, and after seeing how much of a slog Valhalla is, I think I'm glad I skipped Origins and Odyssey.

So, I heard that Odyssey was stretched too long, but I enjoyed Origins quite a bit. It didn't wear out its welcome to me, and I think was a lot less bloated than Odyssey or Valhalla.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The whole Cyberpunk thing is a perfect storm of a developer bait n' switching by only ever showing high-tier PC gameplay and wildly high expectations from gamers who have chosen to ignore the countless times in the past that developers have pulled this poo poo in the past coupled with hyping themselves to a manic state with pre-order dumbness sprinkled on top.

there is literally nothing to lose by not pre-ordering, not reading/watching every bit of content related to the game during its development and waiting for post-launch day reviews on the system you are planning to play it on.

it baffles me that people still fall for this poo poo after Watchdogs 1, assassins creed games, etc.

the apology from CDPR was gold though. 'sorry we never thought to show the game running on consoles so you could make an informed purchase' lol mother fuckers you knew exactly what the gently caress you were doing. cyberCraig 2077 wouldnt have got anywhere near as much attention and would have been rightly slammed by the community for looking like dog poo poo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Worth noting xbox is being very lenient with refunds on the game. I played about 5 hours and got a refund literally within two minutes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

The whole Cyberpunk thing is a perfect storm of a developer bait n' switching by only ever showing high-tier PC gameplay and wildly high expectations from gamers who have chosen to ignore the countless times in the past that developers have pulled this poo poo in the past coupled with hyping themselves to a manic state with pre-order dumbness sprinkled on top.

there is literally nothing to lose by not pre-ordering, not reading/watching every bit of content related to the game during its development and waiting for post-launch day reviews on the system you are planning to play it on.

it baffles me that people still fall for this poo poo after Watchdogs 1, assassins creed games, etc.

the apology from CDPR was gold though. 'sorry we never thought to show the game running on consoles so you could make an informed purchase' lol mother fuckers you knew exactly what the gently caress you were doing. cyberCraig 2077 wouldnt have got anywhere near as much attention and would have been rightly slammed by the community for looking like dog poo poo.

There was actually another AAA Cyberpunk game with serious issues released like two months ago. Nobody learns.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I mean the devs literally have one good game and it took years after launch to become what it did. They caught lightning in a bottle with Witcher 3. They delayed CP2077 three times this year including once after the game went gold. This last delay was after CD Projekt said the November 19 date is "ironclad" because the game went gold.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Skyrim's up on Game Pass.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Red Warrior posted:

Skyrim's up on Game Pass.

on xbox? not showing up for me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Showing up on the app here (US)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
How the hell is skyrim 28 gigs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Its a retro game at this point

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Barudak posted:

Its a retro game at this point

I think he means that’s way too big. This sucker shipped on a single DVD!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, I remember the game at launch was under 4 gigs on PC, I legit thought Steam had an incomplete copy somehow.

mem
Sep 1, 2005

univbee posted:

Yeah, I remember the game at launch was under 4 gigs on PC, I legit thought Steam had an incomplete copy somehow.

I bet those textures would hold up on a 65 inch oled. Probably look like cyberpunk on the xbox one.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Update on Series X ownership; my wife discovered Slime Rancher so the machine is hers now.

Continuing to enjoy new console ownership, helps that there’s a huge backlog to dig through for pennies and there’s enough content aimed at casual players that my wife and I can easily find something to enjoy together.

Cyberpunk is fine. I’d be pretty loving upset if I owned any of the prior gen base systems, but it’s otherwise fine. Shame about all the cross-gen poo poo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1338893396442636288

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Lammasu posted:

You have to make them call you.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PuntCuncher posted:

Update on Series X ownership; my wife discovered Slime Rancher so the machine is hers now.

Continuing to enjoy new console ownership, helps that there’s a huge backlog to dig through for pennies and there’s enough content aimed at casual players that my wife and I can easily find something to enjoy together.

Cyberpunk is fine. I’d be pretty loving upset if I owned any of the prior gen base systems, but it’s otherwise fine. Shame about all the cross-gen poo poo.

My wife and the kids are having a blast with the Lego games. My wife may actually 100% the Lego movie game (I’ve never come close to that ever on any game). Hell when I went to bed last night she was still up and I asked her why (as it was 12:30 am) and she said “trying to get two more golden instructions manuals for our son.” :3:

Really loving this system and Games Pass.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

My wife and the kids are having a blast with the Lego games. My wife may actually 100% the Lego movie game (I’ve never come close to that ever on any game). Hell when I went to bed last night she was still up and I asked her why (as it was 12:30 am) and she said “trying to get two more golden instructions manuals for our son.” :3:

The first Marvel Superheroes, and Lord of the Rings are my favorites. The police one is basically Lego GTA, but I haven't played it enough to say if it's the best, but everyone else says it is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RodShaft posted:

The first Marvel Superheroes, and Lord of the Rings are my favorites. The police one is basically Lego GTA, but I haven't played it enough to say if it's the best, but everyone else says it is.

My son likes that a lot (and the Lego city stuff in general), but it’s on the PS4 pro which we don’t use as much now since we only have one controller for it (I’ve actually rebought a few things for the Series X when it’s on sale), the problem with city is him being 4 the driving is a pain for him (same with reading tutorials in spongebob). Ironically my wife hates city, but she prefers the linear levels of the other games vs open world, so I get that.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

That's probably the base game, plus the DLC expansions, plus the mod support thing they added a couple of years ago to consoles.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Trade me wives. Mine squaked at me about how much she hates video games and then demanded I come sit in the room with her while she watched Virgin loving River. I sat there going, "ok, who is that? Why is he trying to get with that girl when he impregnated that one?" and she got pissy and insisted I stop asking questions.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

otter posted:

Trade me wives. Mine squaked at me about how much she hates video games and then demanded I come sit in the room with her while she watched Virgin loving River. I sat there going, "ok, who is that? Why is he trying to get with that girl when he impregnated that one?" and she got pissy and insisted I stop asking questions.

Spend time with your wife.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Or :sever: because you're unhappy in her company maybe?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

otter posted:

Otter's household is the first verse of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9jXnZS3ouU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1338894662078263298

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

TheScott2K posted:

It's the Special Edition that was released in '16 - it had updated graphics, textures, and audio (which was bigger files but also somehow worse quality).

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

EA Play was supposed to become free for PC Gamepass owners today but instead it's been delayed until 2021. It's weird they waited until release day to make this decision. Some people are pretty mad. The only game I want from that service is Jedi: Fallen Order and I'm plenty busy with other games now so I don't care so much.
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1338876751154356225?s=20

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

otter posted:

Yeah she’s pretty amazing and it’s awesome watching her late at night (kids asleep and things cleaned up) and going...I’m very lucky.

TheScott2K posted:

:hmmno: Not to watch this. Part of being in a relationship is every now and then watching the absolute poo poo the other person likes, but also the other person loving you enough to not make you watch it all the time, when they know you don’t give a poo poo about it and vice versa.

Like because we stayed at her parents house and we had to drive back on Christmas Day years ago (and on a Sunday so I had class the next day) she agreed to see alien versus predator Requiem with me on Christmas morning. But I wouldn’t ask her to watch stuff like that all the time.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Ha. I had never heard the Body Count version. That's pretty rad.
My wife has a tendency to be way less rational than Coco there. She's just bossy and controlling.

Not sure if you've been subjected to Virgin River but it's some pretty stupid poo poo.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I just went to check if the Microsoft site said anything about new XSX stock and I saw I still had an XSX in my cart from about a month ago. For shits and gigles, I just clicked the place order button and... it actually worked?! I have the confirmation email and everything. Estimated delivery Jan 5th.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

otter posted:

The secret is to keep asking questions and speaking your thoughts out until they kick you out. It's how I got out of the great ONCE binge and all subsequent events. You can love your partner and not love their media choices. Unless it's something like Degrassi or Twilight, sever immediately.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

bushisms.txt posted:

The secret is to keep asking questions and speaking your thoughts out until they kick you out. It's how I got out of the great ONCE binge and all subsequent events. You can love your partner and not love their media choices. Unless it's something like Degrassi or Twilight, sever immediately.

She is half Canadian... I won't risk exposing her to Degrassi, but one time we were going to the movies on a "date night" and she didn't tell me she had already bought tickets to the Twilight movie (i don't know if it was the 2nd or 3rd one, whatever) but there was this scene where blinky was cuddling with the werewolf and i said "red rocket" out loud in the theater. All of the other guys in there laughed and all the wives were pissed, mine especially. I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, she got so mad the other day that she threatened to take the kids' switches away and give them to someone else's kids. I'm trying to cut her some slack in that she's dealing with the impending arrival of her mother for a week but god drat that's going to be a rough week for me trying to get an hour to sit down and relax. I really want to sit down and finish Fallout 4, but I can't remember where I was at in the game since that was the last time she started getting flippy outty about me "playing too much" Im just glad that with my new ipad I can remote-play some games after she falls asleep on the couch.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

otter posted:

She is half Canadian... I won't risk exposing her to Degrassi, but one time we were going to the movies on a "date night" and she didn't tell me she had already bought tickets to the Twilight movie (i don't know if it was the 2nd or 3rd one, whatever) but there was this scene where blinky was cuddling with the werewolf and i said "red rocket" out loud in the theater. All of the other guys in there laughed and all the wives were pissed, mine especially. I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, she got so mad the other day that she threatened to take the kids' switches away and give them to someone else's kids. I'm trying to cut her some slack in that she's dealing with the impending arrival of her mother for a week but god drat that's going to be a rough week for me trying to get an hour to sit down and relax. I really want to sit down and finish Fallout 4, but I can't remember where I was at in the game since that was the last time she started getting flippy outty about me "playing too much" Im just glad that with my new ipad I can remote-play some games after she falls asleep on the couch.

It's so cool that you embarrassed your wife like that

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

otter posted:

LOL epic poo poo my dude. Xbox Gamers for the freakeing win 👊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Where’s that “stop marrying people you hate” sign when you need to tap it?