Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cerebral Bore posted:

My guess is that she's gonna be the mystery partner and end up losing like the biggest geek in the universe, because that's the absolute worst way to end this story.

No, the worst way is that they will have her win while looking like the biggest geek.

Codependent Poster posted:

No, it's dumb to blame her for them treating her poorly.

Again, it's been shown the best way to get out of WWE is to work through your contract and let it expire. Or I guess she can try opening an OnlyFans and see if that works.

Which contract would that be? WWE being insanely lovely to her and her husband isn't a recent development, she must have re-signed some time in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grendels Dad posted:

No, the worst way is that they will have her win while looking like the biggest geek.

I don't know why you would ever have that idea *Lana wins Survivor Series by standing on the ringsteps*

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Heels get DQ'd for kicking too much rear end it is.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dacap posted:

Wait, are they doing Asuka and a mystery partner for the tag titles instead of doing Mandy/Dana that was set up on Raw?

If they aren’t going to use Lana, either do Mandy/Dana for the tag or do Shayna/Asuka for the Raw title.

I assume what they’ll do is just have Lana be the mystery partner anyways.

it's gonna be charlotte

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Procrastinator posted:

it's gonna be charlotte

This. They're going to have Charlotte be the mystery partner instead of doing the logical thing like having her return as a surprise rumble entrant.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vandar posted:

This. They're going to have Charlotte be the mystery partner instead of doing the logical thing like having her return as a surprise rumble entrant.

Only acceptable if she barges to the ring, and for some reason Lana stands on the entrance ramp and Charlotte shoulders her aside like she's Braun and Lana is Ray Mysterio.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they beat you down and beat you down and beat you down, then they give you a moment of glory. then beat you down again. it's typical abuser poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CVagts posted:

My guess is that Lana is the mystery partner at TLC and fights through the injury. Because that's what what they would do if they were trying to make her a super babyface.

Or they replace her because they're incredibly incompetent.

It will be Lana’s sister Lani, and it will be Keith Lee with a blonde wig on

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

quick thought: if you only compare raw, is current product worse than the guest host era?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Procrastinator posted:

it's gonna be charlotte

Oh god, you’re right. Because the tag belts are meaningless they’ll have her and Asuka win them as a way to create a breakup story leading to Charlotte wining the Raw belt, maybe at the Rumble.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

flatluigi posted:

he deserves a lot of respect for being able to shake off all those wacky lines (the promos AND the move) so quickly

I still remember when he did that move the first time and it was a cool surprise. And because it got a reaction they had him do it in every single match. Then it wasn't a surprise anymore, so it stopped being cool.

wwe.txt

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

EC3 posted:

It was at a live event. We can start a three-prong story. One was at TakeOver Brooklyn with Velveteen Dream. I was DDT’d on a ramp and I don’t remember anything until I woke up in a trainer’s room. They asked if I knew where I was? I said no. I don’t remember the match which sucks because that’s a big platform. I came back 6 weeks later and I got caught with a knee to the back of the head in an NXT match. That’s the second one in two months so they were really going to be cautious. While I was out, I got called up with the concussion which felt weird. Anytime I’ve been injured, it’s never been how long until I’m healthy, it’s always how long until I can be back. I probably came back too soon, but I was getting called up. It was the moment I waited for my whole life. It was all I ever wanted. I got called up with it. The run is what it is. I think a few months down the road, a live event match, I got caught with a Luchadore flying forearm or something. It knocked me silly but I kept trying to work with it because I didn’t think it was what it was. One day I showed up for TV, fish white, and if I’m not tan, something is wrong. They asked if I was alright? I said I don’t know. I took the test and I was concussed. I went through the protocol and coming back from the protocol, I couldn’t pass the test this time. It was very difficult. They have a physical therapist available which I’m very grateful for to help you with sensory things to get through this. They have a psychiatrist too because there was something with the dopamine released in my brain. I was a mess. I was alone in this suite, one-percenter in this apartment in downtown Orlando. But I’m living there as a recluse, sitting on my couch, miserable and I’m brain dead in the dark. The TV couldn’t even stay on because it hurt my brain. It sucked for a long time. For residual effects, I don’t know if there was a change in psyche and mentality and stuff like that perhaps, but as far as being able to perform in the ring safely to myself and my opponent, I have no residual effects.

WWE concussion protocol is bullshit. If he's mentioning psyche changes he might have brain damage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Critical posted:

quick thought: if you only compare raw, is current product worse than the guest host era?
A lot of the guest hosts spots were really cringey/bad, sometimes they were good, sometimes just completely irrelevant but there was usually still something worth watching on the show.

Now they've got some of the best talent in the world and making an even worse product, somehow.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Critical posted:

I keep wanting to answer this with a resounding yes since the guest host era was at least memorable and didn't outright insult the fans' intelligence. But it's still really hard to make a case for it since so much of the guest host era was cringey.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1.52 million!!

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1338952937096110080?s=20

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
Raw
8 PM: 0.44 1.627m
9PM: 0.41 1.512m
10PM: 0.38 1.441m

holy poo poo thats bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

New record?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that's lower than dynamite in the demo hahahahahaha

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Rarity posted:

New record?

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1338953711217885184

:vince:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
TNA level ratings

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Drew “new record” McIntyre

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Whomst among us could have predicted that putting out a garbage product while openly hating your fanbase isn't a smart thing to do?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2jL7tgqlo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mother FUCKER

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

scooped again

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Drew gonna get the 2018 Seth treatment and it makes me sad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

scooped again

You're really not having a good night

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

mother FUCKER

hahahaha

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

vivazomo posted:

Raw

holy poo poo thats bad

lol...

AEW's debut episode about a year ago was 1.409 million

"The Monday Night Raw this happened on averaged 4.43 million viewers,"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

vivazomo posted:

Raw

holy poo poo thats bad

Dynamite did 0.45 demo last week against NXT 😱

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

:bisonyes:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

blunt posted:

Dynamite did 0.45 demo last week 😱

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1338953487783055362

While up against another wrestling show that drew .17 in 18-49.

There are more people interested in watching wrestling on Wednesday than there are on Mondays when you combine NXT and AEWs numbers

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Looking forward to Wednesday Night Raw, premiering Jan 6th.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

God it rules that AEW has already soundly defeated NXT and is already beating Raw in the demo. Hell, Smackdown did a .6 in the demo last week and they aren't far off that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wwe in the mud

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
the first aew ppv was May 2019, they've weathered a global pandemic and are now beating Raw in the demos. i'm so excited to read about the panic booking decisions wwe pulls because of this.

they really only have one move and that's bring back brock lesnar, and really who gives a poo poo about brock lesnar in 2021

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
theyre going to move smackdown to wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
https://twitter.com/fujiiheya/status/1338957496891936775?s=20