Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

fawning deference posted:

Quick two:

Who is the Minnesota Wild franchise leader for single-season assists total?

Who led the 1998-99 Maple Leafs in goals?
PM Bouchard?

Sergei Berezin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
When did Mogilny join the Leafs? I'm guessing it's not a trivia question if the answer is Sundin

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Bouchard and Berezin, hell yeah

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

So I've not followed all the permutations on this one so it's possible I'm wrong here (but I'm fairly sure I'm not).

Can you name the last active player to have been a teammate of someone who won a Stanley Cup as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1967?

Hint: They are a HHOFer who retired a member of the Maple Leafs although are not remembered for having played for them

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 15, 2020

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

So I've now followed all the permutations on this one so it's possible I'm wrong here (but I'm fairly sure I'm not).

Can you name the last active player to have been a teammate of someone who won a Stanley Cup as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1967?

Hint: They are a HHOFer who retired a member of the Maple Leafs although are not remembered for having played for them

Haha what a question. I'm terrible at knowing old time rosters so I'm bowing out of this one.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Both players are very famous. I'm not asking you to call to mind Edgar "Hack" Winstead who played 228 games from 1965-72.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Both players are very famous. I'm not asking you to call to mind Edgar "Hack" Winstead who played 228 games from 1965-72.

Yeah but determining players who were teammates of players from 1967 is still pretty much impossible for me to place.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The few famous players I can think of on that 67 team weren't kids, so the last active player had to have retired by like 1980.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hint 2: The last teammate of the second guy only retired a couple years ago, so really we're only two generations removed from the 67 cup.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Zodijackylite posted:

So far we have:
Messier (43)
Leetch (35)
Malakhov (35)
Holik (33)
Nedved (32)
Jagr (31)
Kasparaitis (31)
Lindros (30)
Kovalev (30)

Hints for the remaining ones:
(34) Career AHLer, mostly with the Rangers organization
(32) A longtime Hab, as well as an Av, Nordique, Blue, Oiler, Star, and Canuck
(32) An oft-suspended goon who also scored 29 goals once
(31) A journeyman goaltender who played three years each for NYI, STL, CGY, and one each for MIN, NYR, FLA
(31) A Russian defenseman known as an Oiler and Hawk
(31) A journeyman defenseman who played for six teams and won the cup in 2001
(31) An enforcer who the Rangers inexplicably tried to turn into a top six forward a few times, once playing him 21+ minutes
(31) Another journeyman goalie who was the starter in Nashville for a few years
(30) A guy who made funny faces
(30) Another journeyman defenseman who played for eight teams: CGY, NSH, NYR, DAL, PHX, NJD, PIT, NYI
(30) Another journeyman defenseman who won the cup in 1997 and played for six teams: CBJ, DET, MDA, PIT, DAL, NYR
(30) A journeyman center who played for six teams (STL, NJD, ATL, CHI, NYR, PHX) and won the cup in 2003.

Sandy McCarthy? Shootout all-star Marek Malik?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ahem Marek Malik played for the Canucks that year. I know because I got his jersey as a Christmas present that year and I'm still his biggest fan. He won the NHL Bud Light +/- Award in 03/04 which was weirdly a thing once.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

Ahem Marek Malik played for the Canucks that year. I know because I got his jersey as a Christmas present that year and I'm still his biggest fan.

Yeah but did he score a thru the leg shootout winning goal for the Canucks in a shootout that went so long they had to give a shot to Marek loving Malik?? That man is a hero in NY.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

No, but he was excellent positionally if a little soft given his size.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

ThinkTank posted:

So I've not followed all the permutations on this one so it's possible I'm wrong here (but I'm fairly sure I'm not).

I'd guess somebody who debuted in the early 80's and had a real long career. I'd say Bourque but he never was associated with the Leafs.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

I'd guess somebody who debuted in the early 80's and had a real long career. I'd say Bourque but he never was associated with the Leafs.

That sort of time frame and stature of player yeah.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mentholmoose posted:

I’ll take a complete shot in the dark and say Chelios.

EDIT: Wait, forgot the part about retiring a Leaf, ignore me.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 15, 2020

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Mike Gartner?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

mentholmoose posted:

Ron Francis was a 2004 deadline acquisition by the Leafs, so I'm thinking it's him.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Dave Andreychuk?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Ron Francis was a 2004 deadline acquisition by the Leafs, so I'm thinking it's him.

Correct!

Dave Keon (b. 1940) won a Stanley Cup won the Leafs in 1967. He played all the way up to the 1981/82 season where at the age of 41 he was teammates with 18 year old Ron Francis (b. 1963) in Hartford. Ron Francis was traded to Toronto at the deadline in 2003/04 where the Leafs flamed out despite a run to the Conference Finals the year before. Francis then age 40 was teammates with a 19 year old Matt Stajan (b. 1983). So players born 43 years apart had just one degree of separation. Stajan himself retired from the NHL in 2017/18 age 33 so that's it. We are officially two full hockey generations removed from the playing memory of the Leafs last cup.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Awesome fact. drat Francis is old.

Five players have recorded 100 points in a season with less than 25 goals. Name them.

BONUS: Name the player who has scored the most amount of points in an NHL season with under 20 goals AND the player with the most points with under 15 goals.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Awesome fact. drat Francis is old.

Five players have recorded 100 points in a season with less than 25 goals. Name them.

BONUS: Name the player who has scored the most amount of points in an NHL season with under 20 goals AND the player with the most points with under 15 goals.

Guessing these are mostly defensemen.

Although maybe Thornton did it one year, he was definitely a pass first kind of guy.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Now for a less question that requires less guesswork.

There have been 198 players who've played 1100 games or more in the NHL. 19 showed incredible loyalty and played their entire career with just one franchise.

However, six players who crossed the 1100 game threshold showed slightly less loyalty by playing each of their seasons with one franchise except for their final year. Can you name them?

(As an example: Ray Bourque played 21 seasons in Boston. However, he was traded to the Avalanche and ultimately won a cup with them and retired in 2001. He wouldn't count because he played parts of two seasons in Colorado, but would have had he retired after the 1999/00 season. If that makes sense.)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Joe Thornton is correct for the first question!

1. Joe Thornton 06-07 (22-92-114)

Bonus 1 (most pts under 20 goals):
Bonus 2: (most pts under 15 goals):

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

ThinkTank posted:

There have been 198 players who've played 1100 games or more in the NHL. 19 showed incredible loyalty and played their entire career with just one franchise.

However, six players who crossed the 1100 game threshold showed slightly less loyalty by playing every one of the seasons with one franchise except for their final year. Can you name them?

(As an example: Ray Bourque played 21 seasons in Boston. However, he was traded to the Avalanche and ultimately won a cup with them and retired in 2001. He wouldn't count because he played parts of two seasons in Colorado, but would have had he retired after the 1999/00 season. If that makes sense.)

Leetch

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

However, six players who crossed the 1100 game threshold showed slightly less loyalty by playing every one of the seasons with one franchise except for their final year. Can you name them?

Martin loving Brodeur

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Correct. We now have the two players who tied for the least goals ever for a 100 pt season.

2. Brian Leetch 91-92 (22-80-102)

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Does not count but he's close. While Leech spent most of his career with the Rangers, he was traded to Toronto in 03/04 then signed with Boston the following year before ultimately retiring.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Correct. We now have the two players who tied for the least goals ever for a 100 pt season.

2. Brian Leetch 91-92 (22-80-102)

Lol I was guessing the other question and got it wrong. I’m a genius!

I must have blocked the Boston Leetch from my memory banks.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Larry Robinson?

e: For the 1100 game question, I don't recall him being that insane offensively.

For the 100 points one, uh, I'll guess MacInnis/Coffey/Potvin/maybe Bobby Clarke?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Martin loving Brodeur

Yup! Martin Brodeur played an entirely pointless 7 games with the St. Louis Blues in 2014/15 after 1259 games in New Jersey. Way to go Marty, I hope that final $700k was worth it.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Sundin for sure

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

Larry Robinson?

Also close but no. He spent three years soaking up the sun in LA which made sense because he was a shadow of his former self.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mentholmoose posted:

Larry Robinson?

e: For the 1100 game question, I don't recall him being that insane offensively.

For the 100 points one, uh, I'll guess MacInnis/Coffey/Potvin/maybe Bobby Clarke?

Coffey came very close with some seasons of 90+ pts and not many goals, but he never did 100 with less than 25. Those other three got past 25.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sundin for sure

Nope. While best remembered as a Leaf, Sundin began his career in Québec before he was traded to Toronto in exchange for Wendel Clark in 1994. Sundin did sign a one year deal in Vancouver to finish his career after declining the team's initial two year $20m offer (!).

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Tomas Plekanec?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Nope. While best remembered as a Leaf, Sundin began his career in Québec before he was traded to Toronto in exchange for Wendel Clark in 1994. Sundin did sign a one year deal in Vancouver to finish his career after declining the team's initial two year $20m offer (!).

Oh yeah Quebec...

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Bobby Orr? To answer both questions potentially.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What about John MacLean? Edit: wait no way he played for the Rangers for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mentholmoose posted:

Bobby Orr? To answer both questions potentially.

Nope.