Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Feeders and mustache dweeb looks like he's a Mr Show era David Cross character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Uninvited continues to be one of the more bizarre premises for a horror flick I've run across.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
It's a cat. An evil cat.
And it lives inside another cat.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Paper Kaiju posted:

It's a cat. An evil cat.
And it lives inside another cat.

Sold! Let's make this fucker!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Senior Power with Mary Jo and Bridget is a delight already.

"Stop! In the name of Ruth Buzzi!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

372 Pages listeners... it's time.

https://twitter.com/372Pages/status/1330926892187332608

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched a video about a movie that seems like it would be perfect for Rifftrax, The Final Alliance starring the Hoff as one of those generic tough guys who comes back to his old hometown to clean up the place. The part that makes it sound amazing is that one of the villains is John Saxon as an albino biker gang leader.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That poor, poor bingo card

https://twitter.com/jacobmercy/status/1331038070888685570

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I said to my wife last night, "Welp, I think I got a bingo in the first page and a half. There are three mentions of rigs, not just a 42 reference but an entire paragraph explaining it, 4 mentions of the very specific '9 days since the end of the last book', several 'classic 80s' things from the 60s or 70s, Habashaw, and I'm counting this bizarre retconning of the egg as time travel."

The very first sentence made me want to throw the book across the room, this is so much worse than the original so far.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

That poor, poor bingo card

He started a new thread and yeah, "Wade has turned into a mix of Notch, Elon Musk, and Peter Thiel."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Possibly the worst thing of all is that the dumb parody that Mike and Jacob were responsible for a few months ago not only called some of the bullshit this was going to pull but was also better written and handled the dumb references in more organic ways

This poo poo, you really cannot make it up

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

He started a new thread and yeah, "Wade has turned into a mix of Notch, Elon Musk, and Peter Thiel."

All that's left is Jordan Peterson and the dark ritual will be complete.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently Mike and Conor are doing an emergency episode on the first two chapters alone.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently Mike and Conor are doing an emergency episode on the first two chapters alone.

Just dropped for Patreon supporters. I need to read another chapter before I open it, I just read the prologue (sorry, "Cutscene" :barf:) last night.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I probably shouldn't judge, but why did all you assholes buy this book if it's poo poo and you knew it'd be poo poo?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Bedurndurn posted:

I probably shouldn't judge, but why did all you assholes buy this book if it's poo poo and you knew it'd be poo poo?

hold up you’re asking this in the rifftrax thread?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bedurndurn posted:

why are you posting in a thread you don't like?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Bedurndurn posted:

Buy?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bedurndurn posted:

Excuse me, this is a Something Awfuls

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bedurndurn posted:

I won't judge you for forgetting libraries and :filez: exist if you won't judge me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this! posted:

Watched a video about a movie that seems like it would be perfect for Rifftrax, The Final Alliance starring the Hoff as one of those generic tough guys who comes back to his old hometown to clean up the place. The part that makes it sound amazing is that one of the villains is John Saxon as an albino biker gang leader.

Speaking of stuff that would be perfect for Rifftrax, I came across a great B-side to the Star Wars Holiday Special. Starstruck was a failed pilot for a TV show from the late 70's that was basically "What if the family from Little House on the Prairie ran the Star Wars cantina?" The opening credits makes as much sense as when Homestar Runner did "Limozeen But They're in Space."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

excuse me, I would never waste money on this book. only time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mortal Kombat is out.

Much love for "Shang Tsung spends more on candles than dril."

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Because I know Rifftrax people read the forums, this needs to be on the target list, unless the KFC rights are too expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHbTm3Npfk

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1335988285814972418

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I warned you all. It starts with cutting movies and it ends with decisions like this.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I warned you all. It starts with cutting movies and it ends with decisions like this.

I can't believe they would riff Sharknadoes, but not Col. Sanders.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

BDawg posted:

I can't believe they would riff Sharknadoes, but not Col. Sanders.

I dunno, I can respect that decision. That thing looks like it's just the right combination of tedious-bad and self-aware-bad to be an absolute death march to riff, Mario Lopez's hilarious Colonel getup notwithstanding.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mal-3 posted:

I dunno, I can respect that decision. That thing looks like it's just the right combination of tedious-bad and self-aware-bad to be an absolute death march to riff, Mario Lopez's hilarious Colonel getup notwithstanding.

Yeah. I think there's a reason they don't do more Asylum films.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1337055550052380682

Good for him!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Kevin is like 20+ years too iirc e: and Frank is like 35 years sober.

e2:
https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1337060743666143244

Oh wow nevermind I thought this was Kevin's story. I think I'm wrong.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
This all begs the question: How the gently caress do they watch poo poo like Christmas Circus or Twilight while sober?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This all begs the question: How the gently caress do they watch poo poo like Christmas Circus or Twilight while sober?

I have no gossip on Bill but generally "Marijuana Maintenance" is very common in 12 steps.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a new Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Baby of the Bride and the relationship between one of the daughter's and the cop is really creepy. She flat out rejects him multiple times and then the daughter is just kind of forced into a relationship with him.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I don't know for sure what this is, but it looks like Mary Jo is venturing into the world of online riffing:
https://twitter.com/MaryJoPehl/status/1337832678654152704

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1338937009952358400

Looking forward to this one!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Be forewarned, I know some people get really butthurt about them editing the films down, and they said during the stream that they took out almost 45 minutes here.

With this one, it's probably for the best because holy poo poo it's a long movie.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Be forewarned, I know some people get really butthurt about them editing the films down, and they said during the stream that they took out almost 45 minutes here.

I don't get this. The only thing I get upset about them editing out is nudity, because who wants to watch a terrible movie with the topless women edited out??

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I don't get this. The only thing I get upset about them editing out is nudity, because who wants to watch a terrible movie with the topless women edited out??

What do people think they're losing out on in, for example, A Talking Cat!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

What do people think they're losing out on in, for example, A Talking Cat!?

Presumably, the jokes that would have been made in that portion of the riff.