Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

Egg Moron posted:

i just love these stupid films and I am eagerly awaiting the furion movie or whatever it is going to be called so we can finally get some context for what the gently caress it means to be a furion, which seems like a big loving deal

i mean we both know what you mean, but we also both know it means "saiyan"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i thought the last riddick movie where hes stranded on some shithole planet was unbearably bad

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
When I first saw the Trailer for Riddick all I heard was, "Necromunda: the death of worlds." And I basically say straight up because holy poo poo they are making a WH40K movie. The visuals that came next, didn't convince me I was wrong. I was like halfway through the trailer before I figured out it wasn't a WH40K movie. Probably didn't help that I had no knowledge of the original Riddick movie.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

oh yea I also loved the entire opening sequence of diesel fighting space animals thats just very obviously him on a tiny greenscreen set with really harsh lighting it felt like I was watching someone play a really sadistic FMV game

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's literally just Conan In Space

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's literally just Conan his D&D Orc In Space

supposedly this is literally true, riddick is his D&D character

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Dreylad posted:

if nothing else, riddick rules for giving us one of the greatest posts on these fine forums.

nothing will ever beat "ok hotshot, do it then. call mace windu the n-word." or however it goes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1339001734253793280?s=19

I guess Les Grossman wasn't an act

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The hero we need

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Let's all take a moment and step back to appreciate the sheer absurdity of that Tom Cruise audio.

loving scientologists are taking COVID seriously.

Mother. loving. SCIENTOLOGISTS.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
this seems staged as hell

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Finally watching season 3 of Fargo. V.M. Varga is tremendous.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mysterious frankie posted:

Finally watching season 3 of Fargo. V.M. Varga is tremendous.

He's easily the best villain of the series. Just a stone cold capitalist.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao apparently disney+ is going to remake firefly and twitter nerds are melting down over a mediocre joss whedon show

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AnimeIsTrash posted:

not just a capitalist. he is Capitalism Incarnate. such a vile creature, props to David Thewlis.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

vyelkin posted:

lmao apparently disney+ is going to remake firefly and twitter nerds are melting down over a mediocre joss whedon show

i guess i wouldn't mind seeing the cast reunited without having to wonder which of the women josh was using the show to sleep with this time

except the guy who played jane whose secret turned out to be that he wasn't acting

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Adam Baldwin a huge chud

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
this is like bringing back tng 20 years later, the entire cast is old and fat now how is that going to be remotely watchable

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
You guys ever hear of that Filthy Frank youtube channel? The harlem Shake thing and a bunch of memes spawned from it. Imagine a Japanese version of Eric Andre, kind of.

Turns out, the dude closed his channel a few years back and is making mood pop under the name of Joji.

Imagine Lorde, but without any of the appeal. Maybe if I was still a moody 20 something going through a dry spell, I'd enjoy this more, but I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Qzzggn--s

Also, chalk another one up for "Musical artist coming from a rich family" on here.

Dreylad posted:

this is like bringing back tng 20 years later, the entire cast is old and fat now how is that going to be remotely watchable

They can just play the outer worlds. It's practically the same thing, and just as mediocre.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

gradenko_2000 posted:

yes, that was the jane guy i was talking about

i mean i wouldn't mind the cast showing up in the context of some new characters. i'm not sure if the setting is really worth reviving though.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Finally, a Disney property that will definitely appeal to the Chinese market!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Jeep posted:

nothing will ever beat "ok hotshot, do it then. call mace windu the n-word." or however it goes

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!
the whole droids are slave argument always felt like being gaslit because lucas is not even a little subtle on that point in the OT

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

How could Disney possibly water down a joss whedon show

Also this was a far better smg moment:

quote:

That's nothing more than the Hedgehog/Prower phenomenon of ostensibly adult characters engaged in prolonged and intense bouts of presexual intimacy.

FN and Poe - despite being twenty- and thirty-somethings, respectively - are several steps behind Matthew Broderick's teen hacker in Wargames, who tentatively explores how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl.

For fans, the actual erotic appeal comes from the fact that Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever. He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs. Poe and FN, likewise, will never move beyond hugging and trying on eachothers' clothes. They have no need to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bootleg Trunks has issued a correction as of 12:13 on Dec 16, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first 3 eps of the new season of The Expanse just dropped on Prime

barely started the first episode and this is literally the greatest poo poo I've ever seen

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how important is it to have seen previous seasons

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some Guy TT posted:

how important is it to have seen previous seasons

I'd say pretty drat important, honestly. A lot has been building up to what's going down this season.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

uber_stoat posted:

not just a capitalist. he is Capitalism Incarnate. such a vile creature, props to David Thewlis.

I only watched two episodes last night because I want to savor it. I liked season one and two, so far three is a cut above them, and Varga is the standout element of it. If Thornton was an alpha hunter, upending the system because it’s the deadliest prey, and Bokeem was a man on the outside of the system working his way in at the expense of everything only to discover he was essentially selling himself into captivity, Varga is that system’s secret, slimy, languid heart. Thewlis is killing it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mysterious frankie posted:

I only watched two episodes last night because I want to savor it. I liked season one and two, so far three is a cut above them, and Varga is the standout element of it. If Thornton was an alpha hunter, upending the system because it’s the deadliest prey, and Bokeem was a man on the outside of the system working his way in at the expense of everything only to discover he was essentially selling himself into captivity, Varga is that system’s secret, slimy, languid heart. Thewlis is killing it.

He has a great scene later in the season where he talks about how the proletariat revolution is the thing he's most scared of.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's difficult to overstate how much of a chud he is

Roy Moore, you'll probably remember, is a ephebophile pedophile. So much so, in fact, that the sexual abuse allegations against him have their own wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

finding it deeply funny that joe bidens sexual misconduct page is longer than roy moores even though almost all of is just casting shade on tara reade because she allegedly lied about her credentials

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the sopranos was pretty bad rear end

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

barely started the first episode and this is literally the greatest poo poo I've ever seen

i like how amos has a story that turns into a threat for all occasions

also I wonder how much is scripted and how much is Wes Chatham improving at times because the scene where he turns his glass over and folds the ice into a napkin for the guy he beat up earlier is just wonderful

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lmbo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Well did he

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
remember that joker n word twitter account? that got a solid chuckle out of me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant believe he said it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

holy shittt

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Aglet56 posted:

remember that joker n word twitter account? that got a solid chuckle out of me

really validated the Cum Town standard of actually it’s funnier not to say it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

Stairmaster posted:

i cant believe he said it

as it turns out how you feel about fictional characters does matter