Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
this quote from six years ago showed up in my facebook memories and I probably stole it from here

quote:

Bitcoin only works 'well' as a solution to the problem of how you have a decentralised currency, and that's like saying you've solved the problem of how to make a chocolate teapot. It's interesting that you can make a chocolate teapot but we've already got ceramic and metal ones, which work better in every possible way, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i remember that!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Gobbeldygook posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1339008619451457536

no. free everyone else but ross loving stays in the cage.

Free Carl Mark Force IV

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm impressed steven miller even knows what a bitcoin is. i'm also not sure how ross is a white supremacist that miller would give a poo poo about.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

i'm impressed steven miller even knows what a bitcoin is. i'm also not sure how ross is a white supremacist that miller would give a poo poo about.

he may have signed on with the aryan brotherhood in the can, that would probably be close enough.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
how can you free ross when bits coin is 19999

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I Greyhound posted:

Free Carl Mark Force IV

now that's a giveaway i can get in to!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
tornk is going to need an addy hookup when he leaves office but he'll probably drop the pardon/commutation when he finds out Ross can't pay

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Hopefully trump will knock it down from a double life sentence to a single. It seems unfair to give a nonviolent* offender two life sentences.

*not actually convicted for hiring a hitman.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You quickly run over to the ross and tear off the ross's sentence. You then throw
the sentence into the air and catch it with both hands. You then drink the blood
from the ross's sentence and gulp down the blood

You then toss the sentence into the air again and catch it with two hands. You then
vomit the blood onto the ground

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EorayMel posted:

You quickly run over to the ross and tear off the ross's sentence. You then throw
the sentence into the air and catch it with both hands. You then drink the blood
from the ross's sentence and gulp down the blood

You then toss the sentence into the air again and catch it with two hands. You then
vomit the blood onto the ground

i feel seen

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Hello buttcoin thread, the news about Ross has convinced me to come and hunt down the butts again

Ross is dumb, 2 life sentences is dumb, come back when you've done 10 years.

Seriously this poo poo is some astroturfed techbro nonsense. I have no idea who in the gently caress got to the West Wing on this one but this smacks of moneyed white people mad that their favorite website for horse tranquilizers, 'research chemicals' and black market Czech weapons got shuttered.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Phuzzy posted:

who among us hasn't twice tried to order the torture and murder of a business partner?

ross can rot until he can bring himself to clearly state that he is sorry and mark did nothing wrong.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the best Ross in life is free
but you can tell it to the SEC
I want money!
(in exchange for pardoning this shitbird)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we have to keep the prisoncoin ledgers balanced so i propose that for every sentence that gets waived there is an equivalent sentence that gets passed on to ross

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Boxturret posted:

we have to keep the prisoncoin ledgers balanced so i propose that for every sentence that gets waived there is an equivalent sentence that gets passed on to ross

Finally, Charlie Shem's mackerel ledger system has found its true calling

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

man i am so excited for ross' new show on fox news that he'll magically somehow have immediately on getting out of jail

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
life sentences?

ross: egress for less

has the tether printer been actively lately or has that quieted down with the latest butt coin hyperinflation

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Phuzzy posted:

Hello buttcoin thread, the news about Ross has convinced me to come and hunt down the butts again

Seriously this poo poo is some astroturfed techbro nonsense. I have no idea who in the gently caress got to the West Wing on this one but this smacks of moneyed white people mad that their favorite website for horse tranquilizers, 'research chemicals' and black market Czech weapons got shuttered.

Stephen Miller was a fan of the JOOSE

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

has the tether printer been actively lately or has that quieted down with the latest butt coin hyperinflation

quieted down, caused, same diff

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
tether definitely had $2,545,067,236.82 in a bank account at the start of 2018 according to totally legit independent not an auditor Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan LLP, which is proof that tether definitely has $19,948,142,041.41 in a bank account now

also €40,001,800.00
also 23,533,468.90 CNH
also 48,450.73oz of Gold lmao

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

man i am so excited for ross' new show on fox news that he'll magically somehow have immediately on getting out of jail
never mind that, I can't wait to see how they integrate him into QAnon

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Doccykins posted:

tether definitely had $2,545,067,236.82 in a bank account at the start of 2018 according to totally legit independent not an auditor Freeh Sporkin & Sullivan LLP, which is proof that tether definitely has $19,948,142,041.41 in a bank account now

also €40,001,800.00
also 23,533,468.90 CNH
also 48,450.73oz of Gold lmao

There was an Irish banking scandal where the banks where hiding huge directors loans to the execs by transferring each other money to fill the gap for a week when the auditor was looking at the reserves held

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo_Irish_Bank_hidden_loans_controversy

History of finance on fast forward indeed

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Midjack posted:

he may have signed on with the aryan brotherhood in the can, that would probably be close enough.

prison gangs aren't what people think they are. it's not like in the movies where everyone has to join a gang for protection. really they're just extensions of outside gangs fighting among themselves and ignoring everyone else. the aryan bortherhood in particular used to be more of a presence but these days they're just low grade muscle for the mexican cartels and they're not going to care one way or another about someone like ross

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Ross would make a good president and the charges are bullshit. You should read that book about him.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I get the feeling everyone here voted for Biden.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

xtal posted:

Ross would make a good president and the charges are bullshit. You should read that book about him.
:laffo: good one

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
freeing ross in the middle of an execution high score attempt is so egregious that I can't rule it out in 2020

not only is it a gross miscarriage of justice (ross deserved to be convicted of attempted murder, so getting out of jail on a pardon for his lesser crimes is a blind spot), but singling out a privileged white kid feels like a taint on -- and also slap in the face to -- efforts to do better about actual nonviolent offenders.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

KnifeWrench posted:

freeing ross in the middle of an execution high score attempt is so egregious that I can't rule it out in 2020

not only is it a gross miscarriage of justice (ross deserved to be convicted of attempted murder, so getting out of jail on a pardon for his lesser crimes is a blind spot), but singling out a privileged white kid feels like a taint on -- and also slap in the face to -- efforts to do better about actual nonviolent offenders.

A fat orange tiny-handed nazi grossly miscarrying justice and favoring whites, you say? Shocking.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

xtal posted:

he got some litter out of a tree once :patriot:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

KnifeWrench posted:

People are dying so we might as well kill everyone!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

yes, that's the actual position people are taking and not an idiotic strawman by a person who's yet to actually justify any of the positions they took in this thread :jerkbag:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Free Ross

フリーロス

Furīrosu

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

why is ross unjustly imprisoned when all other website makers remain free to this day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grace Baiting posted:

why is ross unjustly imprisoned when all other website makers remain free to this day

well, blake benthall struck a plea deal.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Grace Baiting posted:

Good point. Jail all webdevs

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You cautiously approach the Ross and try to free it. Unfortunately, you manage
to break your teeth on the tree instead. You spit out the wood and let the
rest fall to the ground. You then walk over to the Ross and sniff it thoroughly.
You find that it smells delicious

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Soylent Pudding posted:

Jail all webdevs

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

xtal posted:

I get the feeling everyone here voted for Biden.

yes because everybody here's american :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I was gonna make a bidencoin post but then I remember all the weirdass bitcoin forks like bitcoin xt and bitcoin unlimited and I still don't get what the gently caress they were about