Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Keetron posted:

Considering that the post takes up to 3 weeks to go global at the moment, would we say it is too early to send out Christmas greetings? Another silly thing is that I have some really fancy cardstock and envelopes, nothing christmassy about it but I'll just write jolly I guess??
Let's download the full goonlist again. Is it up to date dear Lamb?

Yes, the list has been updated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

kafkasgoldfish posted:

It's been a while, goons. Gonna send out some postcards. I'll follow up with Lamb shortly re: getting on THE LIST. Glad this is still going after so many years.

SAVE THE USPS! :patriot:

I got your card but I can't find your address to write back! AHHH!

e: Mail going out for Zoesdare today!

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 20, 2020

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

lamb posted:

Yes, the list has been updated!

Cool. Everyone got a card. I found a box of fancy paper / envelope thank you cards or something and I converted them to the worst holiday cards one could think of. It was good fun. Even wrote personalized messages on them! Now to answering the mail I received over the last weeks.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Keetron and Shrimpwhiskers, thank you too for the Birthday and Halloween cards. Keetron's card arrived ages ago, but I'm a terrible person and I forgot to post.

I'm writing some replies tonight :)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Ahhhhhh I have like 5 cards to respond to! Thank you Lamb, Pandora, Sharizard, Keetron and Zoesdare for the cards (and awesome stickers!) I’ve gotten from yall in the past couple weeks. I will be sending out fresh cards this week!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Thank you for the lovely and minimalist card, keetron!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I just received my first ever Thanksgiving card! Thanks, Zoesdare. It's so kitschy I love it. :dance:

I also got an awesome nautical postcard from Kafka's Goldfish. You need to get on the list so I can reply!

I hope all US-Goons are enjoying your Thanksgiving!

Skels fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 26, 2020

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

kreyla posted:

Thank you for the lovely and minimalist card, keetron!

oh cool, they are arriving in the US! That took, eh, like 10 days, way less than expected.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I assume all of my fellow mailgoons know about this already, but in case you don't venture into GBS, the Something Awful Secret Santa signups are live:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946620

I've participated for about 5? 8? years now, and it's always a ton of fun.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

lamb posted:

I assume all of my fellow mailgoons know about this already, but in case you don't venture into GBS, the Something Awful Secret Santa signups are live:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946620

I've participated for about 5? 8? years now, and it's always a ton of fun.

Thanks for this. I had almost forgotten to sign up

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I am flush with Goonmail! Thanks, Keetron, for the entirely accurate depiction of an Australian Christmas. Had you have set the envelope on fire, it would have been Christmas 2019 for sure.

Thanks, rear end-penny for the letter. I will write you back soon!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Keetron I got your lovely card 💕 thank you so much!!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I just want y'all to know I'm a terrible person who hasn't properly thanked the thread for all the lovely mail you've sent me. I wanted to call out the awesome card I got from Keetron, but there's lots of other cards and letters I'm a bad person for not thanking you guys for.

Also I just dropped a bunch of cards in the mail this morning, so keep your eyes open for my half-assed holiday greetings!

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
A big thank you to Team Lunch, that card was sent to my neighbor instead but thankfully it was my Gran so she got it to me. I LOVE that artwork it is top notch stuff and going on my wall-o-cool next to my desk! :swoon:

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Hey all, sorry it’s been taking me a while to reply, but I’m working through. It’s been a hard year.

Lamb I love loved the card and winter cheer I got today. The ornament is already on my tree.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you for the Christmas card, Lamb, my kids are fascinated by Krampus!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Thank you to lamb and IMJack for the cards💕🥰 mailing mine out tomorrow!!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I have sent out gnarly handmade Christmas cards to goons who sent me letters and cards recently. Merry Christmas goons!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hey Skels, I got your Christmas card, thank you!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thank you IMJack for your card!

Stickyboi
Dec 25, 2005

permanent adhesive
I have just discovered this thread and this is so cool! Wish I found it earlier so I would have been in time to send Christmas cards.

Send me stuff? It takes about 3 weeks for international mail though.

Hannah B.
PO Box 379
CREMORNE JUNCTION
NSW 2090
Australia

I like drawing, graphic design, photography (if anyone's into double exposure* I could dig out my film cameras and give it a go, but international parcel post is stupidly expensive), anarchism/laborwave, stickers... and elephants. Elephants are heaps mad. If you send me stuff I'll probably put it in silly places and take polaroids and send them to you. I also have a bunch of old postcards and artsy stuff I collected in the past.

The post office here sells custom stamps (with a small premium) and I've been wanting to get some printed.

* I used to be into lomo photography for a short while. One thing people did that I never tried was to shoot on a roll of film, send it to someone who shoots again on the same roll and develops it. Generally end up with a bunch of random mystery pictures most of which are rubbish. But such a cool idea I've always wanted to do. I've got generic 35mm, a Lubitel and a couple other lovely medium format toy cameras.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Alnilam Kief Richards Kaiser Schnitzel SweetWillyRollbarSid ViciousProf. Crocodile sk How Wonderful!Glutes Are Great Heather Papps Bingo Bango biosterous owlhawk911 City of Glompton Doctor Dogballs B33rChiller Stoner Sloth Barking Gecko Rick Rogers vanisher Twenty Four pecan prepuce repurposed more falafel please magic cactus oh but seriously I lamb Nut (not at all to be confused with pecan) ChubbyChecker Robot Made of Meat xcheopsis Derpies FluffieDuckie Entenzahn Dope Fiend Killa G

biosterous posted:

i think the rolling cat should be in the card, it has featured prominently in byob this year!

Alnilam's friend, Tina:
Glutes Are Great's friend Brunhilde:
Heather Papps' friend, Oryx:
B33rChiller's friends:
Kief Richards' Friends:
Robot Made of Meat's friends:
lamb's friend
Xcheopsis' friends:
prepuce repurposed's friend:
Derpie's neighbor's friend:
Biosterouses' friend:
Entenzahn's friend:

Decorations:

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Thank you for the Krampus card, Lamb!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Hey SA Friends!

Sorry I haven't been so active lately; I've kind of fallen into my December funk and it's been hard to be too motivated. Also, I got a new laptop because my old one was dying and couldn't figure out how to get back into my account. Haha! Dumb me!

So many people to shout out (in no particular order):

Keetron- xmas love
Zoesdare - Thanksgiving card
IMJACK - xmas love
13Pandora13- goonlove (I have disappeared it somewhere in my house)
Lamb- Halloween AND Christmas GOODIES and more! I don't remember if I thanked you for the CUTEST Cat things-- playing cards (I shuffle cards when I'm annoyed or anxious working, so they are on my desk next to me), stickers, clips, etc. that I ADORED! And then the Hello Kitty Box of goodness (I loving LOVE the sake cups!)

I am off until the beginning of next year, so I plan on sending out some late xmas cards (which should hopefully get to you by end of January! If I didn't call you out, I am so sorry (please feel free to call me out).

I hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, and in a good place!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I went on a hike in the Mojave desert and when I got back I had a bunch of Goonmails, including this AMAZING witchy Krampus box from Lamb:

I love it so much. <3

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Stickyboi sent me a packet of antifacist stickers. Thank you, Stickyboi!

The area I'm in is rather... entitled... to put it politely. gently caress, there were stickers up last year in this area that said "white people are people too". If there are any left I can cover them properly now. Assuming I don't wuss out.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Skels posted:

gently caress, there were stickers up last year in this area that said "white people are people too".

Yiiiiikes.

Perhaps you can cover them while...out getting soup for your family?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Happy Holidays BYOB! I'm glad everyone is getting their mail!

THANK YOU so much to all of you who brightened my holidays - in no particular order: Zoesdare, Peech, Dee, Julet Esqu, jadedhula, Team Lunch, PooInAnAlleyway, Ceramid Pig, skels and IMJack.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Santa came all over my mailbox. After cleaning up, I found postcards from Peeches, DLAO, Sharizard and Zoesdare. Thank you all!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Keetron I received your mail today! Thank you!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Juliet Esqu I found your card today!! Thank you so much

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Juliet Esque, thank you for the christmas card. Traditionally it arrived in the new year and that made me feel like it is 20 years ago.

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
Thank you for the Christmas mail, Skels, Lamb, IMJack and Keetron! Apologies again to the thread that I'm so slow at getting response out, but it really does five me a nice spark of joy to see mail from y'all. :3

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
You know... if anyone wants to send wedding-related cards to Australia, I'm getting hitched to a fellow goon (lurker tho) on Feb 12th *hopeful grin*. It's an elopement-type thing, so we've only told our close families... and now strangers on the Internet!

Also thanks for the Krampus card, lamb. It arrived yesterday.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Skels posted:

You know... if anyone wants to send wedding-related cards to Australia, I'm getting hitched to a fellow goon (lurker tho) on Feb 12th *hopeful grin*. It's an elopement-type thing, so we've only told our close families... and now strangers on the Internet!

Also thanks for the Krampus card, lamb. It arrived yesterday.

omg, yay! :neckbeard:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Skels posted:

Congratulations on getting wed!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I had a whole bunch of goon cards waiting for me when I got back from vacation, and I'm really grateful for all of them.

In no particular order, thank you to sharizard, Julet Esqu, Zoesdare, DLAO, Peeches, Team Lunch, lamb, jadedhula, and CeramicPig (and her partner and furry family)!

Also, none of the cards I've sent have been returned! I consider that a win!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Thank you Zoesdare for the cute hand drawn Christmas card that arrived today!

shrimpwhiskers
Jan 9, 2019

tasty
Thank you for the krampus card lamb! I might cut him out and hide him around the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Hey friends, I'm a wreck and bad at replying but I'm still alive and got a couple of responses ready. Look out for them, lamb, Peech, Zoesdare.

I still owe you a response to your Halloween card, 13Pandora13, I haven't forgotten about you!

I also got a lovely holiday card from IMJack, and letters from Keetron and skels (congrats on getting hitched, and getting your name changed back btw). I will try and write all of you back soon!