Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

MJeff posted:

Raw was doing 0.8s in the demo earlier in the year.

AEW has found a way to keep its audience relatively steady and even increase it in the last couple of weeks.
WWE has lost half of their 18-49 audience this year.

I almost want to go super deep on all of these demos for the entire year just to really outline how badly Raw has atrophied this year.

I honestly don't understand why USA and FOX continue to throw money at them and not demand any accountability. I can only assume their other shows continue to show the same declines and they're scared shitless of continued cord cutting. USA in particular seems desperate to be able to claim "#1 cable network" or whatever highly specific metric even if it means killing NXT's ratings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Never assume that the people making billion-dollar decisions actually know what the gently caress they're doing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Being smart and being in charge of things are not related concepts

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Being smart and being in charge of things are not related concepts
In the wrestling world they are often mutually exclusive

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

its fine, as long as there isn't literally anything else to watch on tv, raw viewers will tune in

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tato posted:

I honestly don't understand why USA and FOX continue to throw money at them and not demand any accountability. I can only assume their other shows continue to show the same declines and they're scared shitless of continued cord cutting. USA in particular seems desperate to be able to claim "#1 cable network" or whatever highly specific metric even if it means killing NXT's ratings.

IIRC USA's ratings are falling faster than Raw's, and FOX is FOX, they've pissed away money on worse things than the opportunity to not worry at all about friday nights.

Not saying either of those are wise choices, but I imagine that's the reasoning. Hell if I were worth billions and billions I'd throw away some toilet paper money in order to not have to think about an entire evening of programming for a few years.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE stock crashed when Vince kayfabe sold it to Trump. The people with money in our society are all incredibly stupid.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HHH is going to inherit the company after Vince has poisoned it into irrelevance and that owns.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TheKingslayer posted:

HHH is going to inherit the company after Vince has poisoned it into irrelevance and that owns.

No problem, he just needs to do what made NXT popular in the first place and sign a bunch of indie wrestlers to put on amazing matches.

Oh wait what's that, he managed to gently caress that up with awful booking?

And you go on to say that there's now a successful promotion that does this except they have good booking?

Hmmmm

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Critical posted:

quick thought: if you only compare raw, is current product worse than the guest host era?

Yes. some guest hosts were fun, like Bob Barker. Some Raws with guest hosts, like Dusty Rhodes, were loving amazing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i liked the wrestlers beating up 2020 video

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

Yes. some guest hosts were fun, like Bob Barker. Some Raws with guest hosts, like Dusty Rhodes, were loving amazing.

Was this the one where Randy punched Dusty and the crowd was begging Cody to beat the poo poo out of him? And then he didn't and WWE edited out all the chants?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

that's the one. the crowd was so ready for Cody to turn, but nah, gotta spin the wheels some more.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

that's the one. the crowd was so ready for Cody to turn, but nah, gotta spin the wheels some more.

Didn't they do the exact same thing with Ted Dibiase and got the same reaction? I like how that one ended with Randy Orton as the face beating both Cody and Ted in a handicap match.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bartok posted:

Didn't they do the exact same thing with Ted Dibiase and got the same reaction? I like how that one ended with Randy Orton as the face beating both Cody and Ted in a handicap match.

Everyone knows the only way to make new stars is to continually put the old stars over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

vivazomo posted:

Raw
8 PM: 0.44 1.627m
9PM: 0.41 1.512m
10PM: 0.38 1.441m

holy poo poo thats bad

You love to see it, folks :hai:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those numbers are better than aew, which is doing incredible numbers

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the current rumor going around is that once Joe Biden becomes president, Vince is going to fire all the wrestlers, and turn Raw and Smackdown into conservative news probrans hosted by Donald Trump.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

smart. ratings would go up.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Cavauro posted:

those numbers are better than aew, which is doing incredible numbers

AEW hasn’t been on for 30 years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i changed my mind so don't read the below. It's not my opinion

shows that go on for a long time decline in ratings, while new shows gain ratings and become the top shows within 1 to 3 seasons. they outshine old shows very much. and regardless of this, the numbers for shows are either bad or good based on what the number is.

to elaborate, aew has captured the hopes of many online people who know that wwe is extremely bad content. it has potential, and is playing the underdog to what's being described—currently—as an unequivocal abject failure in every way. in a "rooting" sense, i understand calling a certain amount of viewers good and 1.5 to 2x that number bad. but consider how evidence suggests that the maximum viewership for wrestling in 2020 is about 2 million per weekday as long as it's on a real channel during a real timeslot. if you respect logic and deductive reasoning, getting everything running and being a second company/owner taking advantage of said viewership is the real accomplishment. the current numbers should be met with spitting, or the crossing of arms and turning of heads, regardless of the show. i want to really be impressed before doing the number rooting.

i changed my mind so don't read the above. It's not my opinion

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 16, 2020

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He's saying what we're all thinking

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheKingslayer posted:

He will be revealed to be a B+ booker.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

1glitch0 posted:

I mean, I’d take that compared to the D- poo poo we’re getting now

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Give the pencil to whoever wrote the thing where the lights go out, and when they turn on Michael Cole is a skeleton

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

I mean, I’d take that compared to the D- poo poo we’re getting now

That's being extremely generous

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's being extremely generous

Probably tipping my hand that I’ve not actually watched any WWE since the debut of RAW underground

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I can't wait for USA to continue to shell out the Big Bucks for Raw when the time for contract negotiations comes up regardless of ratings because Raw is all they got, rendering this entire conversation fruitless. Then, realizing he can literally do no wrong with USA Vince just decides 'gently caress it, why am I even bothering to make a show at this point' and USA shows a 3 hour test screen every Monday. The test screen does a 1.2.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I think raw is in its third season now so they should really be doing much better numbers

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ChrisBTY posted:

I can't wait for USA to continue to shell out the Big Bucks for Raw when the time for contract negotiations comes up regardless of ratings because Raw is all they got, rendering this entire conversation fruitless. Then, realizing he can literally do no wrong with USA Vince just decides 'gently caress it, why am I even bothering to make a show at this point' and USA shows a 3 hour test screen every Monday. The test screen does a 1.2.

the Big Bucks are Big Show and a rehired Big Cass dressed as Matt and Nick Jackson.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Still holding out for Trillionaire Tony to buy out the WWE and inject the poison into it's veins.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

vivazomo posted:

Raw
8 PM: 0.44 1.627m
9PM: 0.41 1.512m
10PM: 0.38 1.441m

holy poo poo thats bad

That reminds me we're coming up on on the 2 year anniversary of this

Which did
Hour 1: 2.717m, .93
Hour 2: 2.558 m, .87
Hour 3: 2.367m, .78

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Lets face it the fans are horrible bookers and putting us in charge was a mistake.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

His storylines are going to be a 7 treated like a 10 so it’ll seem like they’re a 4.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

OctoberCountry posted:

That reminds me we're coming up on on the 2 year anniversary of this

Which did
Hour 1: 2.717m, .93
Hour 2: 2.558 m, .87
Hour 3: 2.367m, .78

Also gonna remind people, when this promo happened they thought they had the Elite pretty much signed, to the point one of Dave’s sources invited him to the Rumble to see them debut.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bladeworksmaster posted:

Also gonna remind people, when this promo happened they thought they had the Elite pretty much signed, to the point one of Dave’s sources invited him to the Rumble to see them debut.

Them being so confident that they were signing all of The Elite that they did this dumbass promo is maybe one of my favorite wrestling things of all time.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ganso Bomb posted:

Them being so confident that they were signing all of The Elite that they did this dumbass promo is maybe one of my favorite wrestling things of all time.

Knowing how things turned out, it's just so perfect.

People have said it a ton, but good god they would've been so misused/beaten down in WWE. If the Jacksons really do want to retire soon, they would've mailed it in so hard.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lid posted:

I wish this extended to normal TV shows with declining in the mud ratings

"The demo ratings for *rolls dice* My Little Pony were the lowest they've ever been.:
"IT DOESN'T COUNT IT WAS UP AGAINST SUPERNATURAL AND HANNIBAL."

So what I'm hearing is, I need to go rewatch Hannibal. On it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

bladeworksmaster posted:

And since they jumped the gun on promising new faces showing up on the main roster they did panic call ups of Gargano and Ciampa (ruining their years long blood feud story), Ricochet and Aleister Black (who are now doing nothing), and EC3 (who was forced to work with a concussion and was then fired).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
who was the last NXT call-up who was actually used reasonably well on the main roster? Asuka?