Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

There's a line for the queue it looks like it's random now they're opening it in 30 minutes and assigning everyone a spot in line randomly when it opens.

Which sucks because I finally said gently caress it and made a macro to auto refresh and left it running instead of checking a bunch all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Super No Vacancy posted:

if you set the vpn at the router level, sure

hmm how do i do that. i cant remember how to turn my own pc on now, its been so long.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

vaginite posted:

There's a line for the queue it looks like it's random now they're opening it in 30 minutes and assigning everyone a spot in line randomly when it opens.

Which sucks because I finally said gently caress it and made a macro to auto refresh and left it running instead of checking a bunch all day.

Is your macro opening private/incognito tabs? If it's not, the macro isn't helping you at all.

edit: Interesting. I'm reading about it. I'm glad I got mine before they started this.

Vikar Jerome posted:

hmm how do i do that. i cant remember how to turn my own pc on now, its been so long.

You'd have to consult the manual for your router.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

edit: Quote is not edit.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is your macro opening private/incognito tabs? If it's not, the macro isn't helping you at all.

Was doing incognito and ctrl + f5 which someone told me would work idk if that's true, first drop was going to be the one where I found out. Doesn't matter now anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this was always the best outcome

The Walrus posted:

The first strand type press release

lol

Macaluso posted:

I got PS Plus only this year EXCLUSIVELY so I could see the online messages when I played though Bloodborne for the first time

it's got the most iconic messages of all the FROM games so this was a decent choice

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

good luck today goons

Everyones Favorite Poster
Dec 6, 2017

:toot:
Queued up almost immediately in the waiting area and got put into >hour in the queue (woe is me).

In fairness to Sony, not a bad idea nonetheless to give people without bots/scripts/an eagle eye on twitter a fair shot.

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
I was at "more than an hour" for the first 5-10 mins but then went straight down to 33 mins. It's been going down steadily since but I'm still probably just going to miss out.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

What game is it that has R2 as run? Because I keep pressing it to run in Cyberpunk as some sort of habit and the people around me really don't like it.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Man With Scissor posted:

I was at "more than an hour" for the first 5-10 mins but then went straight down to 33 mins. It's been going down steadily since but I'm still probably just going to miss out.

I’ve been on “more than an hour” since the queue opened.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Akuma posted:

What game is it that has R2 as run? Because I keep pressing it to run in Cyberpunk as some sort of habit and the people around me really don't like it.

Rocket League.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sigh

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
PS Direct was digital only today again, apparently

edit: this is now what we're up against

https://twitter.com/SOLELINKS/status/1339317995005378560?s=20

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
The sony direct queue is now randomized which owns. I just managed to secure a ps5 digital for my little brother. PS5 disc version was marked out of stock.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

drat was at 3 minutes left when stock ran out :(

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Just bought a couple years (plus 6 months of bonus time apparently in my case) of PSN+ for 56 bucks if anyone is looking for a deal.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14703884-purchase-two-1-year-playstation-plus-cards-usa-psn-key-56-digital-delivery

Just did it and got keys immediately, paid with PayPal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Colonel Whitey posted:

From what I understand Sony is actually limiting the connections to one per IP so realistically that's one try unless they're all on different VPNs.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

From what I understand Sony is actually limiting the connections to one per IP so realistically that's one try unless they're all on different VPNs.

Hope so, but it does look like they have different queue times on the screens

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Colonel Whitey posted:

THE loving PISS POOR COLOUR BALANCE IS MAKING MY BLOOD BOIL. gently caress THESE DUMBFUCck SCALPERS! WARM1!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Medullah posted:

Almost assuredly these are all different vpns

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

annnd...after it being briefly fixed by a database rebuild my PSN is already barely functional again. wonderful. This is so hosed.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

vaginite posted:

drat was at 3 minutes left when stock ran out :(

I once got to 8 minutes, I feel your pain.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

annnd...after it being briefly fixed by a database rebuild my PSN is already barely functional again. wonderful. This is so hosed.

Next step is a wipe/reinstall.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

el oso posted:

I'm sure about 80% of the reason Avengers wasn't a big hit is because its character designs were the equivalent of

This has always been true of the Avengers. Everyone not named hulk has always sucked..

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also new queue is good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody else asked to adjust the screen size half the time you boot??

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Also new queue is good.

Agreed, I think it lowers my chances of getting one but it definitely removes the stress from having to be lightning quick on the button. I'm happier just leaving it up to chance rather than reflexes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Hard to say what the issue is, you're still able to play online games right?

If so then yeah this seems like a consequence of a messy system transfer. It's really bad that sony let that feature out into the wild in such a buggy state, seems to be the trend these days.

Hang in there dude.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

I honestly wonder what the numbers are for the queue count vs total available units. Given that you can have multiple browser sessions for each ip / browser, it's probably easily in the millions.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hard to say what the issue is, you're still able to play online games right?

If so then yeah this seems like a consequence of a messy system transfer. It's really bad that sony let that feature out into the wild in such a buggy state, seems to be the trend these days.

Hang in there dude.

Yeah it's like playing online is fine, parties are fine (depending on how I join them) streaming is fine...But the store is broken and wont load at all, friends list broken, settings that make me login say I'm not logged in, notifications and thumbnails are broken...It's like I get 50% of overall functionality.

Just spent the better part of an hour on phone with support and got it working normally, but it was just via running the gamut of poo poo I've already done that had only worked temporarily, and the guy was like "yay problem solved!" but I know it's not. He was nice though and I don't think they really have any info available to them that I don't already know as someone who has been troubleshooting my own playstations for 25 years so I just kind of went "yay" along with him even though I know these problems are going to reappear tomorrow.

At this point i am pretty sure that PSN is just not playing nice with my router in some way that is extremely hard to figure out, because at one point i was having a similar problem with PS4, albeit on a different router. I think I probably(?) need to gently caress around with port forwarding but that poo poo is confusing as hell on netgear manager even and kind of beyond my understanding.

Playstation in general has always been such a pain in the rear end for me with internet stuff. PS3, 4, and 5 have all given me grief with connection stuff (across varying connections and even houses) that is just way beyond their tech supports pay grade. Absolutely no devices or non Sony consoles have had any of these problems though.

Thanks though. Gonna fix this one way or another at least I know some hotfixes atm.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 17, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I saw online and also in this thread that HBO Max was available on PS5 now, but I just went to media tab, all apps, went to it and hit X, and it says "This app is only available on PS4"

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I saw online and also in this thread that HBO Max was available on PS5 now, but I just went to media tab, all apps, went to it and hit X, and it says "This app is only available on PS4"

I assume there's probably a roll out

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did you search for it? Maybe the PS4 app you had already was showing up? It popped up just fine for me via the search option.

It also runs so much faster than the PS4 app which was sluggish as hel.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Colonel Whitey posted:

Agreed, I think it lowers my chances of getting one but it definitely removes the stress from having to be lightning quick on the button. I'm happier just leaving it up to chance rather than reflexes.

Same. It certainly lowers the chances of anyone who can afford to sit near a pc all day and run bots to scrape the queue status, but scalpers are also doing the same thing. It's cool that working people can reasonably get one now.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Watching media on PS5 is a clusterfuck at the moment as it forces hdr on non hdr content unless you turn it off at system level, doesn't have dolby vision and it doesn't do display mode switching so hopefully you are okay with the console upscaling instead of your tv/monitor because that is what you will be getting.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

veni veni veni posted:

Did you search for it? Maybe the PS4 app you had already was showing up? It popped up just fine for me via the search option.

It also runs so much faster than the PS4 app which was sluggish as hel.

Never had a ps4.

Weirdly I just powered it off and back on and then it let me download it

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 17, 2020

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Some sites in Canada had PS5s but of course sold out instantly. Funnily enough, it seems the store sites actually do have counter-measures for bots and giant deluges of users to keep the site from going down, but the end result of "blink and you miss it" is still the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are internal SSDs available yet? I have of course filled mine up. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

I said come in! posted:

Are internal SSDs available yet? I have of course filled mine up. :v:

No, and for the moment you can only use external ones for ps4 games.