Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Taintrunner posted:

first 3 eps of the new season of The Expanse just dropped on Prime

barely started the first episode and this is literally the greatest poo poo I've ever seen

gently caress yes

I love the way the book went on this one, really loving shakes it up

can't wait to see it all on the TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

gonna be posting this one at takes on twitter a lot!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/gray/status/1339351148332019714?s=21

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I'd totally watch a Tenet recut with Bill and Ted. It'd make it actually good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you were worried you need a primer for The Expanse Season 5 then this is literally all the primer you need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-glWaAvK6o

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I'd totally watch a Tenet recut with Bill and Ted. It'd make it actually good.

if you havent seen it the new bill and ted was surprisingly solid

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Egg Moron posted:

gently caress yes

I love the way the book went on this one, really loving shakes it up

can't wait to see it all on the TV

Watched the first ep, amos punches some dudes in a toilet, 10/10

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Avasarala continues to fuken own

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I've been doing a rewatch of all the treks and am currently midway through voyager. Voyager feels like a show that has a very good premise that is absolutely ruined by bad writing. None of the characters outside of the doctor are particularly compelling, most of them are still just assholes.

Also Chakotay's indigenous portrayal is hilariously more racist than I remember watching as a kid.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
i think the hbo max harley quinn series is funny as gently caress

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Lib and let die posted:

Against all odds I ended up liking season one a lot. Season two lost me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i watched one and a half ep and it sucked

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Even before that show I maintain that poison ivy should not be a villain

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

grate deceiver posted:

Avasarala continues to fuken own

Feel like this is the appropriate thread to point out that as entertaining as she is to watch, Avasarala is objectively horrible fascist scum who deserves to be spaced. Naomi and Admiral Souther were right about her.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Zartosht posted:

Feel like this is the appropriate thread to point out that as entertaining as she is to watch, Avasarala is objectively horrible fascist scum who deserves to be spaced. Naomi and Admiral Souther were right about her.

yes, she owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My Roku HBO app updated to HBO Max and now I have access to all of Nathan For You which is changing my life.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

vyelkin posted:

My Roku HBO app updated to HBO Max and now I have access to all of Nathan For You which is changing my life.

check out How To With John Wilson asap if you haven’t already

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
so now that hbo un-hosed hbo max for streaming devices, my sister hooked me up with a profile on her max account.

i'm still not gonna watch game of thrones.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

good choice

though if you're looking for a show to binge try boardwalk empire

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Bro Dad posted:

good choice

though if you're looking for a show to binge try boardwalk empire

i'm gonna watch a bunch of impractical jokers probably

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I recommend the Larry Sanders Show

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

so now that hbo un-hosed hbo max for streaming devices, my sister hooked me up with a profile on her max account.

i'm still not gonna watch game of thrones.

watch doom patrol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Dirty Harry series has not aged well past the first movie. Some real reactionary poo poo.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

that new expanse series is so loving good, I am pretty upset I can't just watch it all now because I have been conditioned to be a giant baby

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

i'm gonna watch a bunch of impractical jokers probably

I thought it would be good while I'm cleaning and stuff but they laugh too loud and it's distracting :(

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i tried watching their movie on an airplane and i just couldnt stand it the pranks are so obviously telegraphed its hard to believe anyones being fooled theyre just humoring the guys out of politeness

the bit with the tiger was funny because there wasnt a subterfuge element literally just wtf how did you get a tiger in here but those kinds of pranks looked like the exception not the rule

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Zartosht posted:

oh yes absolutely

on the subject of her though, they have done a great job dropping the breadcrumbs to her husband's death in the meteor attack, he decides to stay on earth instead going to the moon because she was being a girlboss at the end of last season, she has that conversation with her daughter about the family, leaves him that message, gonna hit hard, i tagged it because even though it is kind of obvious at this point, it is still a book detail that has not yet occurred officially

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mandalorian end of season is extremely funny

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zartosht posted:

Also like a Crooked Space Hillary she's bad at the fundamental aspects of politics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vyelkin posted:

When you make a actual bad movie just to avoid getting sued for fraud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3nq0eECz4

Serf
May 5, 2011

the mandalorian s2 was fun to watch, but proves that none of the losers running the show at disney understood the ending of rotj. which is why the show should have avoided jedi and poo poo altogether and just been about cool bounty hunting adventures

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Serf posted:

the mandalorian s2 was fun to watch, but proves that none of the losers running the show at disney understood the ending of rotj. which is why the show should have avoided jedi and poo poo altogether and just been about cool bounty hunting adventures

the solo movie did this and was much better for it

honestly it would probably be the best modern star wars movie if it weren't for the world's worst cinematography, jesus loving christ that movie is ugly

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

the solo movie did this and was much better for it

honestly it would probably be the best modern star wars movie if it weren't for the world's worst cinematography, jesus loving christ that movie is ugly

solo would've been good if there hadn't been an extended joke character who's schtick was "slaves wanting to be freed sure is silly, right?"

also its not immune to the jedi bullshit, it brought darth maul back into the movies

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

I really really want to like it. I enjoy the setting and premise and characters and tone, but the jokes just don’t hit. it has that LA comedy writer myopia where every other line is an industry in joke or lazy snappy comeback or played out stereotype. very frustrating

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Serf posted:

solo would've been good if there hadn't been an extended joke character who's schtick was "slaves wanting to be freed sure is silly, right?"

I loved Maoist bot and she's a big part of why I love Solo. If she was a joke, I felt in on that joke. If you can't dance, it's not my revolution kinda thing.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

that dumb robot wasn't a revolutionary, the moment another robot gets freed it asks "what now?" and that rear end in a top hat says "not my problem"

no solidarity only chaos

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tiberius Christ posted:

that dumb robot wasn't a revolutionary, the moment another robot gets freed it asks "what now?" and that rear end in a top hat says "not my problem"

no solidarity only chaos

that's still part of the joke to them. "if the slaves ever broke free, they wouldn't know what to do"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Serf posted:

that's still part of the joke to them. "if the slaves ever broke free, they wouldn't know what to do"

Also that anti-slavery crusaders don't really care about the slaves like the slave owners do.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Serf posted:

The CGI poo poo bothered me the most about all that. But yeah, I’m getting weird feelings that they want to make Mando part of THE BIG PICTURE instead of just a space dad trying to do his job.

Disney is doing like 8 other shows. I am okay with more Jedi shows if they give other kinds of characters their own show. If the Rogue Squadron movie ends up having a character be force-sensitive, I am just going to tap out.

DesertIslandHermit has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Dec 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The CGI poo poo bothered me the most about all that

after all that build up, cgi-face luke picking up happy meal toy grogu made me burst into laughter