Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Skwirl posted:

Was the post coma She-Hulk series good, I think that's the one where it's just called Hulk, cause Bruce was dead at the time.

It's not really worth looking at unless you want to see an iteration of She-Hulk that only existed for that short run, where she's characterized entirely by her problems reacting to her trauma. And also she's got big glowing green scars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Has anything been announced about when Tom Taylor's Marvel Dark Age is going to be coming out? It's transparently Marvel's attempt to do a DCeased and I'm all for it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cloks posted:

Has anything been announced about when Tom Taylor's Marvel Dark Age is going to be coming out? It's transparently Marvel's attempt to do a DCeased and I'm all for it.

Isn't DCeased just DC ripping off marvel zombies already? :psyduck:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I just read that Hulk series. It's good but fluff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The king in black tie in you mean?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

Isn't DCeased just DC ripping off marvel zombies already? :psyduck:

Nah it's more like 28 Days Later. Marvel Zombies has the characters act like themselves, only crazy zombie assholes. DCeased has the characters completely loae their minds.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was there anything aside from the mini comic where Tony Stark loses a leg that came out to promote Dark Age that gave people any kind of impression that it would be like DCeased or are people just assuming it will be because its Tom Taylor

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

was there anything aside from the mini comic where Tony Stark loses a leg that came out to promote Dark Age that gave people any kind of impression that it would be like DCeased or are people just assuming it will be because its Tom Taylor

I meant DCeased in terms of trying to capture the cachet of the event by having Tom Taylor write an AU story.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Black Cat continues to be good, go buy it!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I borrowed it since it's apparently in Comixology Unlimited despite being brand new, which is interesting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nilbop posted:

It's not really worth looking at unless you want to see an iteration of She-Hulk that only existed for that short run, where she's characterized entirely by her problems reacting to her trauma. And also she's got big glowing green scars.

Hard disagree, I really loved that run. Maybe it's because I dislike the 'make Jen in Hulk form just like the Big Guy/Savage Hulk' approach, but I was very prepared to dislike Tamaki's run for that reason, and then it tied into the whole gamma powers as a writ-large means of externalising mental health stuff by having it be her response to trauma and giving her her own grey Hulk form. And there was a good dose of the humour that a good She-Hulk title should have, with a whole plot about baking YouTubers and an issue where they went back to the Jen-breaks-the-fourth-wall conceit for a blind date.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

SWORD is a ton of fun, so Al Ewing just knocking it out of the park again. I pray it leads to a ton of Peeper speculation!

Ewing doing cosmic is great, because he just fuckin' goes for it. His run of Ultimates ended with a massive battle across like 4 different tiers of reality (and had Black Panther literally fighting gods alongside Galactus).

site posted:

The king in black tie in you mean?

It was cute, and the silent conceit was done well, but it was very lightweight. On the other hand, the Immortal Hulk proper was really good, and kinda makes me want Ewing to do more with the FF.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I loved how he handled Ben Grimm's Judaism, actually I've tremendously admired Ewing's engagement with theology and faith throughout this entire run. Charlene also remains one of my favorite current Marvel characters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Black Cat continues to be good, go buy it!

Two questions

1) I feel bad that I forgot screen name, but it's still the same goon writing it, right?
2) does it work if I have absolutely no intention of reading anything else involving King in Black?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Edit: ^ I'd say yeah, the set up is basically "Felicia and her crew are doing a job when Knull attacks" and you're not really expected to know much about the greater plot than she is, barring a cameo from what I assume is a supporting character from Venom's own title.

Endless Mike posted:

I borrowed it since it's apparently in Comixology Unlimited despite being brand new, which is interesting.

If you mean Black Cat, I think that was a mistake because it's now not even showing on the series page, so I think they're trying to fix it

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 16, 2020

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Gaz-L posted:

Hard disagree, I really loved that run. Maybe it's because I dislike the 'make Jen in Hulk form just like the Big Guy/Savage Hulk' approach, but I was very prepared to dislike Tamaki's run for that reason, and then it tied into the whole gamma powers as a writ-large means of externalising mental health stuff by having it be her response to trauma and giving her her own grey Hulk form. And there was a good dose of the humour that a good She-Hulk title should have, with a whole plot about baking YouTubers and an issue where they went back to the Jen-breaks-the-fourth-wall conceit for a blind date.

Hard agree with your disagree, it had some fantastic moments. Made me really like a character I'd never paid much attention to before. Wouldn't have even thought about looking at it if not for the creative team.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

How Wonderful! posted:

I loved how he handled Ben Grimm's Judaism, actually I've tremendously admired Ewing's engagement with theology and faith throughout this entire run. Charlene also remains one of my favorite current Marvel characters.

The moment where Joe asks "You keep callin' me Hulk?" was so good.

If not the FF itself, give Ewing a Thing miniseries or solo book.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just when I think I am done with Hyperion in comics, I get reeled back in. Taskmaster #2 is pretty perfect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just when I think I am done with Hyperion in comics, I get reeled back in. Taskmaster #2 is pretty perfect.

Oh poo poo, was that out this week?

I like the guy who owns my local shop but he's terrible at double checking pull lists.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Ewing doing cosmic is great, because he just fuckin' goes for it. His run of Ultimates ended with a massive battle across like 4 different tiers of reality (and had Black Panther literally fighting gods alongside Galactus).

It was cute, and the silent conceit was done well, but it was very lightweight. On the other hand, the Immortal Hulk proper was really good, and kinda makes me want Ewing to do more with the FF.

He's also great at keeping building off little things in his previous works. Like for example in that god fight in Ultimates, Black Panther is using the White Tiger's tiger god which is a concept he started playing with a full 4 years earlier in his Mighty Avengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

He's also great at keeping building off little things in his previous works. Like for example in that god fight in Ultimates, Black Panther is using the White Tiger's tiger god which is a concept he started playing with a full 4 years earlier in his Mighty Avengers.

He can go the other way too, bringing big concepts from his other work to add texture. In Valkyrie he had a story about Death being terminally ill and had the Living Tribunal explain that the Green Door from his Hulk run is partly to blame.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

New Beta Ray Bill series by the author and artist of Murder Falcon and Extremity! :stoked:

https://twitter.com/danielwarrenart/status/1339303260180582401

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

JordanKai posted:

New Beta Ray Bill series by the author and artist of Murder Falcon and Extremity! :stoked:

https://twitter.com/danielwarrenart/status/1339303260180582401

Sweet, DWJ is great and Beta Ray Bill seems sufficiently METAL for his aesthetic.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
He posted a sketch of what I assume is Skuttlebutt and even that bangs.

https://twitter.com/danielwarrenart/status/1339308953751203840/photo/1

And yes, I am still writing Black Cat!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
When are we getting to the fireworks factory Thieves Guild, Jed?!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Teeves Guild

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol yesterday's taskmaster

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

Teeves Guild

Kelly Thompson tried really hard not to go this full-on with Gambit's accent in the Rogue & Gambit book from a couple years ago, and I respectfully disagree with her choice.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay this one will be appreciated by all I think but spoilers (taskmaster 2 again) so you've been warned

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Vulpes Vulpes will also have a story in the next issue of Wolverine: Black, White and Blood.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Gaz-L posted:

When are we getting to the fireworks factory Thieves Guild, Jed?!

We're back to normal operation with #4, and the Thieves Guild job starts in #5!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

We're back to normal operation with #4, and the Thieves Guild job starts in #5!

It's spelled Teeves Guild.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Lol yesterday's taskmaster

Dammit, Cheese!

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Kelly Thompson tried really hard not to go this full-on with Gambit's accent in the Rogue & Gambit book from a couple years ago, and I respectfully disagree with her choice.

I think Kelly Thompson might be the only writer who has ever heard an actual New Orleans resident, much less the cajuns who live in another part of the state, speak. She also had accurate accents in Deadpool when he was in New Orleans.

I love Gambit because he's from my home. I also hate Gambit, because there is no French accent in Louisiana unless you brought it there. Even the french words that are used are pronounced differently.

"I'ma geaux make groceries at deh Rouses, I'm outta red graveh. Y'all want some Purpleaze?. Maybe some rum while I'm deh?"

The closest you might get on average is a les bon ton roulet, sheh. That's mostly for tourists though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lucifunk posted:

I think Kelly Thompson might be the only writer who has ever heard an actual New Orleans resident, much less the cajuns who live in another part of the state, speak. She also had accurate accents in Deadpool when he was in New Orleans.

Why would they need to hear an actual NO resident when they all have the highly accurate cartoon to work off of? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdYnL3kh1b4

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Today I learned that Zeb Wells is married to Heidi Gardner from SNL. I don’t know why but that makes me happy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

He posted a sketch of what I assume is Skuttlebutt and even that bangs.

https://twitter.com/danielwarrenart/status/1339308953751203840/photo/1

And yes, I am still writing Black Cat!

Holy jumping that ship looks rad. Has any story of series ever explored the weirdness of Skuttlebutt? This ship that's part tomb, part battleship, and has its own intelligence?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lucifunk posted:

I love Gambit because he's from my home. I also hate Gambit, because there is no French accent in Louisiana unless you brought it there. Even the french words that are used are pronounced differently.

"I'ma geaux make groceries at deh Rouses, I'm outta red graveh. Y'all want some Purpleaze?. Maybe some rum while I'm deh?"

The closest you might get on average is a les bon ton roulet, sheh. That's mostly for tourists though.

Burgandy.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Lucifunk posted:

lemme tell you about bein Irish

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

lemme tell you about bein Irish

I don't know what you could mean

e: shoulda posted the literal leprechauns at Banshee's castle but oh well

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU