Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
the costco pizza is fairly meh when it's first cooked but toss it in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 370 to reheat it and it crisps up real nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Went to church today and there's no more book/video/gift area. They just expanded clothing and snack to fill the void. No huge loss I guess since I think the last time I bought anything from that area was a Roald Dahl collection for my nephew about 8-10 years ago, but I was still disappointed to see it gone. :-(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Inspector 34 posted:

Went to church today and there's no more book/video/gift area. They just expanded clothing and snack to fill the void. No huge loss I guess since I think the last time I bought anything from that area was a Roald Dahl collection for my nephew about 8-10 years ago, but I was still disappointed to see it gone. :-(

oh yeah huh i didn;'t notice but i think you're right that's gone. probably says something i didn't notice that was gone. usually when i see the checkouts it's time to beeline to a line and i usually skip that area just next to the checkouts (and usually busy area from carts ibeing in line)

Paul MaudDib posted:

the costco pizza is fairly meh when it's first cooked but toss it in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 370 to reheat it and it crisps up real nice.
maybe but whose taking their slice home with them to do that??? kinda defeats most of the loving purpose if you aren;t going to eat it right away. whole pizza maybe yeah.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
If you don't live far then you may as well take it home, pizza travels fairly well and food court is takeaway only so eating it in the carpark seems dumb

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i want to try the bitchin sauce but ive learned my lesson trialing things in bulk size. also even if i like it a lot probably wouldnt be able to finish the whole vat before i make myself sick of it forever unless its got an insane shelf life

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

i want to try the bitchin sauce but ive learned my lesson trialing things in bulk size. also even if i like it a lot probably wouldnt be able to finish the whole vat before i make myself sick of it forever unless its got an insane shelf life

I've seen it in the grocery store as well (smaller containers). Bitchin' Sauce is out of the San Diego area I believe, so I imagine you could find them across the Southwest.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

thathonkey posted:

It’s at whole foods

chalupacabra
Apr 13, 2007

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Check near the back of the electronics section for the new book location. The two Costcos near us moved the book area there earlier this year. Had to finally search it out to buy some book sets for Christmas presents.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Paul MaudDib posted:

the US food court selections loving sucked even before COVID, I'm jealous whenever I hear people talking about the selection in like canada and korea and poo poo. Poutine's loving good man, who doesn't love cheesy gravy fries (or just plain fries even)?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaharrison/costco-food-court-menus

The Korea selection is basically identical. Same pizza, same hot dog, same chicken bake. The only difference was they had a bulgogi thing but it sucked, too sweet (korea.txt), and there's a pump bottle of syrup for the Koreans to put on their pizza/dogs. You do get the floor show of seeing people make Costco kimchi or an ajumma fill her purse (no bag, straight into the purse) with onions, though.

That said being able to get a non-sweet, normal slice of pizza in Korea is not to be underestimated.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Going today for my Christmas shopping trip. Is there anything there that I could get as gifts for my wife? Is there like, a gifts section?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

redreader posted:

Going today for my Christmas shopping trip. Is there anything there that I could get as gifts for my wife? Is there like, a gifts section?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Their jewelryl is actually pretty dece for the price, fwiw

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Good gifts for wife at Costco:
Sherpa blanket
18 inch pumpkin pie
Those great wool socks
Salted caramel chocolates
Two pack of nerf guns (for battle)
Tub of bitchin sauce
Rotisserie chicken
Lemon tree (seasonal)
Case of croissants
Kirkland booze
Hot dog and soda combo

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Good gifts for wife at Costco:
Hot dog and soda combo

I already got this guy’s wife a footlong :grin:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the non-serious and serious replies. I might get her that blanket. I just don't want to do a ton of loving around and browsing while I'm there, because of covid.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

If she likes kitchen stuff I’ve found pretty good things in that aisle, but they seem to change the selection a lot aside from the big ticket appliances. I’ve gotten some colorful silicone utensils, high quality sheet pan and cutting board sets, at one point they had a nice instant read thermometer but I didn’t get it. You do kinda have to just browse the aisle because some stuff is boring and utilitarian but I’ve seen a lot of cool things with fun designs too.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I like kitchen stuff. She doesn't use the kitchen much at all.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

1.5kg bag of Peanut M&Ms and the two pack of Organic Maple Syrup with a Squishmallow and you'll be fine.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Nothing says "I love you" like going to Costco a week before Christmas and picking up whatever randos on something awful dot com tell you to buy.

Get a full replacement set of the big fluffy towels (they are on sale, too).

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

which towels are the good towels

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I used to get the turkey sandwiches from the food court, they were ok. Little too cheesy though.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

The ones your company gets to use.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Boss man told me to go to costco to get some chickins and i did! Been awhile but it seemed pretty much the same. No maskless people. The saddest part was the food sample vendors have been converted into food sample information booths. They just shout out the pitch to passeres by.

I really wanted some dang cheese...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

Mine still has one, but it for sure has gotten smaller. I love that area and have picked up a lot of books from there.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Doc Hawkins posted:

i have the "bath sheets" and i like them, very big

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Hey church goers,
Does costco currently have their sofas on display or is that area still all seasonal? Found some posts mention they usually start in January.

Looking at the website and their prices for the size are way better than what you'll get at your typical chain furniture store and I'm sure the quality on a $1000 sectional is going to be pretty similar across the board. I'm not looking for something to last for a long time but I'm hesitant to buy online without seeing one in person and the nearest store is 45 minutes away.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No still seasonal

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cyks posted:

Hey church goers,
Does costco currently have their sofas on display or is that area still all seasonal? Found some posts mention they usually start in January.

Looking at the website and their prices for the size are way better than what you'll get at your typical chain furniture store and I'm sure the quality on a $1000 sectional is going to be pretty similar across the board. I'm not looking for something to last for a long time but I'm hesitant to buy online without seeing one in person and the nearest store is 45 minutes away.

I bought a $1000 Costco sectional and it sucks complete rear end

pills up like crazy

we've spent like 4 hours shaving the fucker with a sweater razor

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Fallom posted:

pills up like crazy

Return it!

I also have a $1000 Costco sectional and it has been very good to us.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

pills up like crazy

yeah id return this

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

the entire foodcourt is a sad bombed out shell of what it was. no polish, turkey sando, combo, caesar salad.

it sucks mega

Pizzas a dollar more too!!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

The only difference was they had a bulgogi thing but it sucked, too sweet (korea.txt),

Maybe it's changed in the 2 years since I've had one, but in Yangjae, Daejeon, and Gwangmyeong, the bulgogi bake tasted just fine, not too much brown sugar in the sauce.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dang, today I found out they don't make take and bake pizza anymore. I like baking it with garlic and jalapenos and was looking forward to it.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Haha I asked the deli person if they had any take-and-bake pizzas, and they looked at me crazy.

"We haven't had take-and-bake pizzas in almost a year now."

I was shocked and confused, and that clearly came across, cause she responded "don't worry about it, we get questions about it daily."

Also thanks for the link to buy a Kirkland Signature sweatshirt. Rep the church.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anyone know the smallest amount of eggs you can buy at Costco?

Our blender died so we're going to make a run this evening, and if they come in something like a two dozen it might be worth it to get us through the holidays.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They normally have dozen packs of free-range eggs. I don't buy them because they are tiny and really not very good for free-range.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I picked up a double dozen on my last trip.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
I think the smallest at mine are the 18 packs of the omega-3 eggs

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Two dozen is the lowest but they end up costing less than a dozen from other places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
the two dozens are a great deal and high quality. the 1dz and 5dz aren’t always USDA graded, so check for a grade shield. if there isn’t one, skip it.