Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/MizzouAthletics/status/1337963977125588999

I've been saying this for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ron Harper Jr has been so good this year.....

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Illinois is a pumpkin

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Man, I love Purdue turning the ball over 20 times a game. It's so fun to watch.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Trevion Williams is good at passing from the post.

5 assists for him so far, early in the 2nd half. They've all been sweet finds at the rim like this:

https://twitter.com/bigtengeek/status/1339378654422429701

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 17, 2020

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue takes down an undermanned Ohio State, Williams finishes with 16-9-8. Ohio St got boned by some home cooking calls midway through the 1st half, all leading to 2 FTs for Purdue. From there OSU couldn't get over the hump, Purdue kept the lead between 6 and 12 the rest of the way, CJ Walker and Duane Washington had off games.

https://twitter.com/PurdueOnBTN/status/1339380223888900096

Trevion rules.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 17, 2020

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I wish Carton was still here. I liked having a C.J., D.J., and E.J. on the team. Plus he's really good.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

after having to watch decades of Kansas players get calls, seeing Texas Tech get the rub of the green on every block/charge is :discourse:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
bad deja vu of marcus smart

lol that we were rewarded for using that dumbass zone

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 18, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

after having to watch decades of Kansas players get calls, seeing Texas Tech get the rub of the green on every block/charge is :discourse:

I don't usually complain about the refs but somebody needs to sit those idiots down and explain very slowly what a charge is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I don't usually complain about the refs

Gee I wonder why?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everybody thinks the other team gets calls and it is useless to blame the refs because you can do it every game. There are a ton of KU, Duke, UK fans after every game that think there's a conspiracy against their program. It's nonsense.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

kiimo posted:

Everybody thinks the other team gets calls and it is useless to blame the refs because you can do it every game. There are a ton of KU, Duke, UK fans after every game that think there's a conspiracy against their program. It's nonsense.

All three of those teams get the benefit from the refs. Their fans not realizing this doesn't change that fact.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All that game proved is that it's perfectly easy to get around bad officiating, so the rest of the Big XII has no excuse. :smuggo:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Even if WVU wins this game, they should be embarrassed that Iowa State is winning with 5 minutes to go.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
just please be a good game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Both teams shooting like 60% so far lol

This would be a great matchup if Gonzaga didn't have Suggs but Iowa extremely does not have one of those and I think that's probably ultimately the difference. Bohannon is a very good college player but one of these guys is going to be a NBA starter next year and it's not him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Welp.

I was already pretty sure this was true but Gonzaga is the best team in the country and it's not close.

E: fought back a little in the second but just getting killed on the margins with tons of missed free throws, missed open 3s, and getting beat to loose balls. Garza is still Garza though.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 19, 2020

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky up 4 on UNC at the half. Streaky game, lots of runs from both teams, but neither team really getting into a rhythm. I'll take any lead at this point the way this season has gone.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Lol, Zach Edey picks up a Flagrant 1 because a Notre Dame guy runs into his elbow.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
3 guys fouled out, 9 minutes without a field goal,and yet it wasn't a complete blowout. Still can't put to good halves together in one game. I think Kentucky is going to have to win the NCAA tournament if they want to play in March, just not enough of a resume.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Good game for Purdue, only 6 turnovers, 50% shooting. Some bad defensive rotations gave Notre Dame open 3s, but the Irish missed more than they made.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

3 guys fouled out, 9 minutes without a field goal,and yet it wasn't a complete blowout. Still can't put to good halves together in one game. I think Kentucky is going to have to win the NCAA tournament if they want to play in March, just not enough of a resume.

Assume you mean SEC tournament

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

kiimo posted:

Assume you mean SEC tournament

Ha, yes :frogdunce:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It would honestly be appropriate for Arizona to lose this game because of free throw shooting because they won one because of it.

Although if Baker keeps hitting NBA threes it won't matter.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat. Yeah that's a charge.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
82% foul shooter has missed 7 free throws. Make it 8.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is just running and gunning and chucking threes and even though they are not going to be very good they're way more fun to watch than last year

also Boo owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao the little guy on michigan state is literally named foster lawyer?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao the little guy on michigan state is literally named foster lawyer?

Loyer. His dad is John Loyer who worked for the Pistons. Also I can’t believe we’re getting Boo Buied again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Blue Footed Boo Buie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nance is finally looking like they guy everyone was excited about. i'm sure they'll blow this (they always do against Michigan State) but they sure don't seem afraid.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they showed the shurna highlights, i'm ready to believe

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BOO! BOOO! BOO! BOO!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I retract my "Fire Collins" declarations

For now.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou/Bradley tied at 2-2 with 15 minutes left in the first. Might be a long night for fans of offense

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whew this is the Mizzou I remember and I'm not particularly happy to see them again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
22% from the field is solid, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I watched almost all of that ridiculously terrible game. Well, :toot: I guess?