Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Vengeful Spirit's Scepter rework is wild for buyback scenarios.

Upon death, creates a strong-illusion of you that can cast all your spells and deals 100% damage and takes 100% damage. Illusion has 30% movement speed bonus. If the illusion is alive when you respawn, you will take its place. Like Wraith King with refresher?

You fight, die, have a full strength illusion until your illusion is about to die, buyback, instantly transported back to your illusion location with full health, fight, die, and you have another full powered illusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
What's hoodwink's scepter and shard?

Also core dazzle could be back on the menu

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just played a game and can confirm Core Willow is even better than before

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Blink dagger QOP let’s go

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
NORMAL PUNCH is the funniest ability name

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

quote:

Charge of Darkness scepter cooldown increased from 6 to 7
:smith:

quote:

Charge of Darkness scepter movement bonus increased from +100 to +175
:getin:

Hell yeah sven got fuckin’ WRECKED. Happy to have him gone for a meta.

DNK fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 18, 2020

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Spectre 1, Zeus 2, Nature's Prophet 3, Windrunner 4, Ancient Apparition 5.

All global comp gently caress yeahhhh

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Windranger's global Powershot instakill will be maybe the single most satisfying thing to do and/or see.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sugar free jazz posted:

Spectre 1, Zeus 2, Nature's Prophet 3, Windrunner 4, Ancient Apparition 5.

All global comp gently caress yeahhhh

what game is this in

e: or are you just theorycrafting

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I like that a good number of these shards are pretty out there. I guess being locked to mid-game at the earliest means you can go a little more wild.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they need to adjust the timer on the shards in turbo

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

what game is this in

e: or are you just theorycrafting

theorycrafting a stupid game of dota

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sugar free jazz posted:

a stupid game of dota

ah but you repeat yourself

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

DNK posted:

Windranger's global Powershot instakill will be maybe the single most satisfying thing to do and/or see.

saksa is currently timing it from every offlane position. He's gonna snatch up a few fountain tp kills.

Also can topdad get eblade on the new squirrel?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Anno posted:

I like that a good number of these shards are pretty out there. I guess being locked to mid-game at the earliest means you can go a little more wild.

its also cool that its adding another feature for them to mess with with every patch

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Holy poo poo they finally added hand grenades to throw at Anti-Mage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

saksa is currently timing it from every offlane position. He's gonna snatch up a few fountain tp kills.

Also can topdad get eblade on the new squirrel?

speaking of topson, purge was just testing veil e-blage gyro with the new aghs shard and it's disgusting

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

mistermojo posted:

its also cool that its adding another feature for them to mess with with every patch

I bet the reason they did it is because now they can sell more immortals for popular heroes, things were starting to get crowded

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

IcePhoenix posted:

speaking of topson, purge was just testing veil e-blage gyro with the new aghs shard and it's disgusting

Wait, can the aghs shard allow both Rocket Barrages to hit the same hero? Did the description just mean that each barrage targets separately?

Some of these aghs shards felt stronger than the full aghs themselves, all while not taking up an inventory slot.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

IncendiaC posted:

The base damage on those pages don't seem to take damage from primary stats into account. For Hoodwink, damage at lvl 1 after adding the AGI stats would be 50-57.

...unless it's specifically a new patch change then nvm

e: Hoodwink's skill details aren't loading for me but someone got them to show up

thank you ice frog for adding Teemo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Manyorcas posted:

Wait, can the aghs shard allow both Rocket Barrages to hit the same hero? Did the description just mean that each barrage targets separately?

Some of these aghs shards felt stronger than the full aghs themselves, all while not taking up an inventory slot.

no but he was doing like almost 4k damage between two tidehunter target dummies

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this looks like a very clownshoes update and i'm not sure if i mean that in a positive or negative way but there sure is something going on

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Undying shard seems unwhelming as gently caress unless you're like pos 3 or something and can stay alive long enough to spam decay 5 times

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

WIND WAKER
NEW ITEM

Requires Euls, Mystic Staff and a 1600 gold recipe.

Grants +50 Movement Speed, +6 Mana Regen, +35 Intelligence. Extends the Cyclone functionality to allow casting on allies. When cast on yourself, you can move the tornado anywhere at a speed of 360.

HON had this on base Eul's Scepter and it was basically giving every support a hard save like SD Disruption.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

patch owns. game is good. wish i were brokebrained enough to consider playing again. please buy banner advertisements. cannot wait for TI.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Epicenter now uses cast time instead of channel time
Epicenter radius increase from 275->725 to 500->725
Level 15 Talent increased from +8% Caustic Finale Slow to +15%

Aghanim's Shard Ability
Epicenter
Upgrade
Every 700 units moved causes an Epicenter Pulse around you in 400 AoE.

:flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

TOOT BOOT posted:

The Undying shard seems unwhelming as gently caress unless you're like pos 3 or something and can stay alive long enough to spam decay 5 times

Landing 2+ decays on more than one enemy gives a shitton of survivability. If you're dying that fast as Dirge, you're playing it wrong or you're getting ganked on your own.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

This feels like a nostalgia patch, a lot of heroes are getting back abilities they haven't had in years.

Edit: But not stackable proximity mines, cowards

Where is Urna Swarm, valve? :argh:

mfcrocker posted:

Well, there's sure a lot of stuff in this patch :stare:

It's going to be less of a change than say, the patch that added talents or neutral items, because there's only so many games that you want to spend 1400 on a zero stat item, imo.

Some shards are totally worth it though.

EorayMel posted:

Epicenter now uses cast time instead of channel time
Epicenter radius increase from 275->725 to 500->725
Level 15 Talent increased from +8% Caustic Finale Slow to +15%

Aghanim's Shard Ability
Epicenter
Upgrade
Every 700 units moved causes an Epicenter Pulse around you in 400 AoE.

:flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

99% sure that means "during epicenter", not just whenever

TOOT BOOT posted:

The effect is good, the problem is having 1400 gold to spend on an item with no stats as Undying.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 18, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Acerbatus posted:

99% sure that means "during epicenter", not just whenever.

Nope

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It seems to only trigger at the end of rather than in the middle of Burrowstrike, which is cool.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
You can trigger it with blink and force staff lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm astounded valve decided what OD needed was a nerf.

That's pretty good then.

e: Healing ward cd talent cd uptime is insane.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 18, 2020

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

General with the classic four gloves starting clockwork build

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

he's Outworld Destroyer now. that's a huge buff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This Nigma/Na'Vi game 2 is really good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAPIRA

what an ending from Nigma

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It seems like maximum status resist is now 25% from items, which means disables are back and I think should mean that pos1 is less emphasized (in a while when things are more figured out)

Curiosities: some ideas that were also in HON are in this version. The HON Windranger-like had the global powershot, and at one point I think they allowed ally-target Eul's cyclone which is now on Wind Waker.

Nightstalker's shard ability is pretty similar to Dampeer ult. HON's Crystal Maiden had a defensive freeze too, although maybe it could be cast on anyone

Also a long-distance callback to WC3 normal games: Fan of Knives was on the base hero used to create PA

It's nice to see them pull from the entire pool of ideas in the genre. The patch seems super interesting and fun so far

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Na'Vi just absolutely slaughtered Nigma in game 3 lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Na'Vi is playing incredibly today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Hoodwink needs some nerfs. Her net needs its cast range reduced. Her Q could drop the bonus damage entirely and still be good.