Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just send it in a separate box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just send it in a separate box

Speaking of separate boxes, the final part of your gift is coming from the USA so it may be a bit to get there. How did part #2 turn out?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I've never seen my life's guiding principles put so succinctly. Thanks Secret Satan!

https://i.imgur.com/3dQ2uGZl.png

whoops, that was from my sister. sorry for mixing things up here. doubly sorry to my secret satan for confusing them.

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 25, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Speaking of separate boxes, the final part of your gift is coming from the USA so it may be a bit to get there. How did part #2 turn out?

I haven't seen part 2 yet, I'll report in when it turns up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I haven't seen part 2 yet, I'll report in when it turns up.

Tracking says it was delivered on the 18th.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Helpfully dropped in the dirt behind my letterbox no less

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo i love it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That turned out amazing!

Here's the original image my sister made for you:

I had her send me an .svg version because the website accepted it and it stretched any other image weirdly. It wouldn't use impact font, though, so I had to tweak with things to make it work. They did a good a job.

I can send you the SVG or any similar type drawing of Luca you'd like.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks, man! I'll hold off on the image file for now, but I may take you up on it if I decide to go with some Vote Luca shirts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Thanks, man! I'll hold off on the image file for now, but I may take you up on it if I decide to go with some Vote Luca shirts.

Just keep me posted. There were a few different traces done as well, and she can do traces of just about anything.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

ElMaligno posted:

WHO SENT ME THE REDBUBBLE SHIRT THAT SAYS "IM I BEING DETAINED"

SHOW YOURSELF COWARD

*waves*

That was the last package. Enjoy!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Holy poo poo i love it

oh my god :kimchi:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's fantastic.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Holy poo poo i love it

Hail Satan Hail Santa

Way cool

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I'm going to have to do two packages, but it's a shame because I'll be sending all the sincere gifts first and the goony ones later once they get here, but that's better than the whole thing being late.

If my santa is reading this, keep a close eye on the tracking and if you can, let me know when it will be delivered. I have a porch pirate problem at my apartment complex and I'm out of town every other weekend.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Brute Squad posted:

Glad they made it there! There should be 2 more packages somewhere in the mail. My (sister's) pups love those rawhide alternative sticks, although they don't last quite as long. Ignition! is a super fun read too.

Hey Santa Brute Squad, the coffee arrived! Thank you, it was really well timed as I used up the last of the bag I had in the freezer this morning. Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for anything else.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey Mr Nice, could you please pass on to your sister that I'm really impressed with her tracing work?

She's managed to capture the way Luca looks at me perfectly - he has this blend of expectation and happiness, and his eyes are spot on.

Once again, fantastic gift and thank you so much.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Hey Santa Brute Squad, the coffee arrived! Thank you, it was really well timed as I used up the last of the bag I had in the freezer this morning. Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for anything else.

Great! It's from a local kitchen supply shop that's been around forever. Not sure how much of it is done in house, but it's a great shop. Just got the shipping update on the final package and it should get there Monday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hey Mr Nice, could you please pass on to your sister that I'm really impressed with her tracing work?

She's managed to capture the way Luca looks at me perfectly - he has this blend of expectation and happiness, and his eyes are spot on.

Once again, fantastic gift and thank you so much.

I have done so. I'm really glad you like it. She's pretty drat good with stuff like that. She made me a logo for the taco truck back in the day.

I'll see if she's got anything up to do commissions. She's trying to sell her art or otherwise make money off of her skills.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My gift is on its way

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
Present away!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Unless there's been a UPS fuckup somewhere, my satanee is getting their gift tomorrow.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

I mailed my stuff out on the 7th. It's sat in distribution centers for two weeks. It is at least in the right state, but USPS hasn't updated in a week. Poor postal service is just getting wrecked right now.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I got a great package from Monkey Wash. Hot sauce, jalaps, soap, bird stickers(as if they exist)and a tea towel.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Brute Squad, it arrived! FAT BEAR WEEK 2020!

For those not in the know, Fat Bear Week is a yearly contest where people vote for the (subjectively) fattest bear on the Brooks River in Alaska. The bears gorge massively on salmon during the summer to build up weight for hibernation, they nearly double their weight in 3 months or so. Bear 747, this year's winner, was estimated at ~1400 lbs last year.

Fat Bear Week - Katmai Conservancy
The before and after pictures are amazing

Fat bear Week - Explore
This is the site where voting took place - about 646000 votes were cast this year.

It's a fun time to check out the bears, I made a thread on Discord about it. Don't forget to check it out next September!

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 24, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

For those not in the know, Fat Bear Week is a yearly contest where people vote for the (subjectively) fattest bear on the Brooks River in Alaska. The bears gorge massively on salmon during the summer to build up weight for hibernation, they nearly double their weight in 3 months or so. Bear 747, this year's winner, was estimated at ~1400 lbs last year.

Fat bear Week - Explore
This is the site where voting took place - about 646000 votes were cast this year.

It's a fun time to check out the bears, I made a thread on Discord about it. Don't forget to check it out next September!

My goone, fat bear week was thoroughly covered in the CE thread. There was much appreciation of the thicc :)

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

After 8 days in transit - and daily USPS updates that the package was "moving through the system" en route to the destination - my santee's gifts finally made the 1.5 hour drive from my town to the Post hub in my nearest city. Package still hasn't left the state yet.

Sorry, future victim, but something tells me you aren't getting it in time for Christmas.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Same. I sent my stuff a week and a half ago and have had no updates.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Duzzy Funlop posted:

My goone, fat bear week was thoroughly covered in the CE thread. There was much appreciation of the thicc :)

What's the CE thread? I must have missed it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What's the CE thread? I must have missed it.

Current Events.

My Santee should be receiving their disappointment about a week into the new year.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Fat bear Week - Explore

This was the gift I was most excited about. I love Fat Bear Week and made an effort to share my love of it everywhere this year. 747 was an absolute unit this year, and had a well-deserved win. I'm looking forward to September next year.

And if anyone wants shirts, get them while you can! You can find them on the conservancy's website.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Good times for all.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey Geizkragen, your package tracking info still hasn't updated state-side, and seeing as the status usually updates the second it hits inbound customs, I'm afraid it won't make it in time for Christmas :(
I'll let you know when the status updates

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
My shipment has also been somewhere between Finland and the US for a week, propably won't be delivered today :(

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I'm still waiting on two items to arrive so I can ship them. Apologies to my victim who won't have a package tomorrow, but I guarantee the wait will be worth it!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
My package was supposed to arrive today but who knows.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mine was supposed to arrive Saturday and :lol:

I should find the receipt and check tracking, but it'll get there when it gets there. Just think of it as second Christmas!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I still haven't gotten around to putting together a goodie box for pantslesswithwolves either

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Finally mailed my stuff off. ETA of Saturday Jan 2. I'm having second thoughts on my packing skills, so if one of you idiots gets an especially soggy or broken package let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
The Main Event of my gift is literally in my town waiting to be handed to the USPS to make its way to my house to then be reshipped to the next town over.

This will happen some time between now and never. If we hit the 30th I'm shipping what I got with an IOU.