Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

thecluckmeme posted:

Emily will 100% pull from the deck if it comes up again. I think they simulated pulling from it during the Greed layer of hell post-episode and it was something like a whole extra gained level and some other crazy benefit, she pulled twice.

My money is on Fia drawing the one that traps you in a stone thats teleported to another plane

I feel like it bodes extremely poorly for the explicitly cursed squad to draw from the deck of mean possibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Finally listened to the latest ep. Thank god they used their real names, I was actually unsure of what the characters were called.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't know, I enjoyed the adventures of Honk Honkfish, Zonk Vervonk and Fonk Bonkinia. That said, it was hilarious for Emily to just be thrown by the fact Jake did something else, and have to scramble to come up with something herself.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh god, this week's episode name. I haven't even finished it yet, but the first ten minutes was pure stress between what was actually happening and the episode name.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I only did heroin with my mom ONCE

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HONKPOD (+ Honkjacent Media) Honk - Honkpaign Honk honks Honk Honkth!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

docbeard posted:

HONKPOD (+ Honkjacent Media) Honk - Honkpaign Honk honks Honk Honkth!

honk

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want to hear what Emily and Caldwell were going to say in the intro before Jake ruined it :mad:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Using this thread for the collegehumor expanded universe - the latest episode of Game Changer on Dropout (Jeopardy) is absolutely loving unhinged. You should all watch it immediately if you can.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

Using this thread for the collegehumor expanded universe - the latest episode of Game Changer on Dropout (Jeopardy) is absolutely loving unhinged. You should all watch it immediately if you can.

Game Changer is so good, they're just perfect at making insane game shows that shockingly...work?

This was basically a gold standard ep, though, it's up there with 'surprise this game was about unionizing' and 'Brandon cannot win'.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nice bit of characters getting to know one another in this episode.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I was a bit worried the second season wouldn't hit the same groove the first did, but goddammit are they doin it. Murph is a gem of a DM and I wouldn't change the players for the world, except to add Zac. My only problem is I came into NADDPOD when it was already at 97 episodes so I've never had to wait a week before, It's killing me.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I was a bit worried the second season wouldn't hit the same groove the first did, but goddammit are they doin it. Murph is a gem of a DM and I wouldn't change the players for the world, except to add Zac. My only problem is I came into NADDPOD when it was already at 97 episodes so I've never had to wait a week before, It's killing me.

Yeah, by a similar token, I've never had to sit through a holiday break naturally on this podcast before.

(I'm compensating by listening to the Campaign Before The Campaign After The Campaign After The Campaign again.)

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Not Operator posted:

I loving lost my poo poo when they revealed the double jeopardy, what an absolutely incredible concept.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cody in Unsleeping City 2 might be the funniest thing I've ever seen Murph do: the back to back lines (when talking to the party's other, good-aligned paladin) "Sometimes you have to become.. a demon to defend an angel" and "There's sort of a Sasuke and Naruto thing going on between us" are incredible

also the brief defiant argument about how he should be allowed to go check out the magical forest alone, like a teen told he can't go to a party

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I really need to finish Crown of Candy.

I'm dying for AU Goth Murph.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

King Crab posted:

I really need to finish Crown of Candy.

I'm dying for AU Goth Murph.

It is truly beautiful, I think he has learned a lot about being a chaos player from Emily and the rest of the group is benefitting from it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I am listening to the first episode of Zac Oyama's rotating podcast that is in the NADDPOD feed and Emily is in PEAK form. Horse Girl ranger :allears:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seaborgium posted:

It is truly beautiful, I think he has learned a lot about being a chaos player from Emily and the rest of the group is benefitting from it.

murph has often referred to being a rowdy little poo poo in his high school days and i feel like he's channeling it so well

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the DK holiday special is out and it's almost as good as last years

love that he did a full rains of castamere

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Oh God it's another donkey kong one shot

I am ready for this beautiful trainwreck

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

thecluckmeme posted:

Oh God it's another donkey kong one shot

I am ready for this beautiful trainwreck

I haven't listened to the podcast for a few weeks (not out of boredom, just not listening to a lot of podcasts in quarantine so i'm behind) so I didn't know they were doing this, and what a delightful surprise to find in my feed

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

40 minutes in and yeah this ep loving slaps

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast for a few weeks (not out of boredom, just not listening to a lot of podcasts in quarantine so i'm behind) so I didn't know they were doing this, and what a delightful surprise to find in my feed

same I'm a couple episodes behind on the story and then seeing 'aw poo poo, it's Donkey Kong again' was a lovely surprise. I hope they drown another ape in poo poo.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

same I'm a couple episodes behind on the story and then seeing 'aw poo poo, it's Donkey Kong again' was a lovely surprise. I hope they drown another ape in poo poo.

Its as good if not better because this is a post campaign episode. They're level 20.

:getin:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

thecluckmeme posted:

Its as good if not better because this is a post campaign episode. They're level 20.

:getin:

The short rest is amazing this week, if only for realizing why they played the way they did.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I kinda wanted Hardwon to just pulverize Funky Kong with the same slew of attacks that he unleashed on Thiala. Sadly the mcguffin dictated otherwise.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Which group in NaddPod are the "first mates" a reference to? Is it the group in Caldwell's campaign? The recent Patreon posts asked people to submit questions about the "First Mates/Choo Crew/Band of Boobs", and I can't think of who the First Mates are. Maybe they're the crew in Hot Boy Summer, but surely then it'd be Bon Freres?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tsob posted:

Which group in NaddPod are the "first mates" a reference to? Is it the group in Caldwell's campaign? The recent Patreon posts asked people to submit questions about the "First Mates/Choo Crew/Band of Boobs", and I can't think of who the First Mates are. Maybe they're the crew in Hot Boy Summer, but surely then it'd be Bon Freres?

This current campaign, I believe. I don't think they've really settled on one yet.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

This current campaign, I believe. I don't think they've really settled on one yet.

I think they've settled on Choo Choo Crew but Murph refuses to accept it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

docbeard posted:

I think they've settled on Choo Choo Crew but Murph refuses to accept it.

Yeah, they're still arguing about it on the short rests. The First Mates thing is just from the most recent episode.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the third mates is clearly the best option. it also has synergy with two crew.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Farg posted:

the third mates is clearly the best option. it also has synergy with two crew.

:yeah:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

this is ridiculous
this is ridiculous

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

The second episode of Zac Oyama’s Rotating Heroes Podcast is in the main NADDPOD feed - but not the Patreon (same situation as the first episode, I think). So Patreon folks should check the main feed if they’re interested.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

murph's character in the latest d20 had me nearly crying laughing about Double Blade: Dark Excalibur Thirsting Blade

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

eke out posted:

murph's character in the latest d20 had me nearly crying laughing about Double Blade: Dark Excalibur Thirsting Blade

I wonder how they're going to handle it. Brennan said it weighed like 250 pounds, that's not useable..

And I'm enjoying this mini campaign they're doing right now in NADDPOD, the characters are definitely interesting. The first combat had some cool mechanics, even if Emily once again trivialized it through being an amazing spellcaster.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Lou's been a great addition. He's got no hesitation about joining the established crew and he's got great chemistry with them. I was expecting his character to be a little dour after the session zero, but Lou's made him a very excitable doofus. "Jabari is making good choices" made me laugh out loud.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's so so funny that he started off as like "this character is driven and emotionless" and within like 20 minutes it became "except he gets really amped about everything" and by the end he's the most emotional character on the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is it me or do the "Norton for gamers" ads sound sketchy as gently caress? Bring back the CBT oil