Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Amazing as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol I'd forgotten the punchline at the end, excellent callback

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Where's the rest? And can you make more?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Yer gunna fukken die!" gets to me every time :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1340032996452290562?s=20

During a tweet along, RTD posted pics of the very first Who script he ever wrote, from 1985!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The music of the spheres? I love that he ended up adding that in to one of his little charity bits with David Tennant a quarter century later :)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/mercurysdyke/status/1340286221247983616?s=20

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Why, what's this that came in the mail?

Oh, my sainted aunt! It's an animated reconstruction of one of Patrick Troughton's adventures as the Doctor. And what perfect timing - today happens to be my birthday! Both times that I've watched through the Troughton era, the repros I watched were of questionable quality at best, so it's great to have one that's so professionally made. A very warm thank you to my mysterious benefactor. Hypnotism! Poison gas! Giant grab monsters! Ben, Polly, Jaime, when I say run, run!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
One thing I've always liked about Doctor Who is the relationship between the Doctor and the TARDIS. Rather than having it be just a plot device to get the characters where the story needs them to be, it feels like a character in its own right, and to do that with some wobbly sets and bleeping sounds, takes a lot of heart in the writing and acting to get the dynamic right.
For a short story to promote other stuff, I quite enjoyed "What the TARDIS thought of Time Lord Victorious" for that reason.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Bicyclops posted:

Oh, my sainted aunt! It's an animated reconstruction of one of Patrick Troughton's adventures as the Doctor. And what perfect timing - today happens to be my birthday! Both times that I've watched through the Troughton era, the repros I watched were of questionable quality at best, so it's great to have one that's so professionally made. A very warm thank you to my mysterious benefactor. Hypnotism! Poison gas! Giant grab monsters! Ben, Polly, Jaime, when I say run, run!

You're very welcome, merry Christmas and happy birthday! Remember, it's never too early to start educating your children about Troughton recons :eng101:

There should've been a note with the package as well, I wonder if it came through? There's an additional bit to the gift anyway, so if you can't find the note or something doesn't seem to be right with it, let me know!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

No note yet, but sometimes our delivery folks come twice a day, so maybe it got split up. Merry Christmas, Forktoss, and thanks again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OldMemes posted:

One thing I've always liked about Doctor Who is the relationship between the Doctor and the TARDIS. Rather than having it be just a plot device to get the characters where the story needs them to be, it feels like a character in its own right, and to do that with some wobbly sets and bleeping sounds, takes a lot of heart in the writing and acting to get the dynamic right.
For a short story to promote other stuff, I quite enjoyed "What the TARDIS thought of Time Lord Victorious" for that reason.

I love how early it comes into play too. Even in An Unearthly Child you've got Ian touching the TARDIS and gasping,"It's alive!", but straight up in The Edge of Destruction the Doctor - who has insisted it is "just" a time machine - realizes that the TARDIS has been trying its best to communicate a danger to them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1340441309702742017?s=20

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The past few months have been kind of rough emotionally - fighting with my Dad over the election, not being able to do the big Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas family events and just a general sense of low-energy ennui.

Then my daughter said, "when was the last time you heard any of your Big Finish? Maybe you need to listen to something other than that weird Christmas one."

Let me say, popping in Blood of the Daleks and hearing the old brooding synth-heavy Big Finish theme for Eight put a huge smile on my face. I think I'll give the EDA's and all the box sets for Eight a whirl.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah it has been a super busy year or two for me and I'm kinda looking forward to having a bit more spare time next year and catching up on some Big Finish stuff which I have really fallen off listening to recently. That 9th Doctor release seems like a drat good place to restart.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It's not just Big Finish. HEARING the drat theme brought me a ray of hope. Which is absolutely fitting for our favorite Time Lord.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Moff’s back on Twitter for one night only!

https://twitter.com/swmoff/status/1340622309460234241

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Today it's MY BIRTHDAY and I got FURY FROM THE DEEP! (but from my mum rather than a secret santa)

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Today it's MY BIRTHDAY and I got FURY FROM THE DEEP! (but from my mum rather than a secret santa)

Happy birthday!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happy Birthday and really if you think about it, mums were Secret Santas for most of us well before we knew what Secret Santas even were :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Happy birthday Mr L. JaKiri Esq.! I assume you have to suffer the curse of one set of presents?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We're 12 days from having something to watch and discuss

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You say that like you don't rewatch a random serial once a week

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

How long has it been since the last new episode, two, three years? I'll just look it up.

Wait, the timeless child poo poo was in March?!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

marktheando posted:

How long has it been since the last new episode, two, three years? I'll just look it up.

Wait, the timeless child poo poo was in March?!

the past nine months were the longest nine years in history

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

the past nine months were the longest nine years in history

It's March 294th, 2020.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Many happy returns, Jakiri.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Thank you all

Vinylshadow posted:

You say that like you don't rewatch a random serial once a week

We specifically watch a random serial chosen by Random.org (Next is MEGLOS tomorrow, hurray)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao the note arrived - good show, Forktoss! The best kinds of gifts are always hand-made:

(Definitely put sound on before clicking)

https://saisinkolimonadin.itch.io/doctor-who-the-horror-of-fear

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Thank goodness! I was worried it got time-scooped on the way - now there's still time for everyone to reconsider their GOTY picks.

(There's a little Easter Egg for you as well, so nobody please look at these spoilers except Bicyclops: try pressing 'B' on the keyboard while in the game!)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This is fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZd89WCkpA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

lmao the note arrived - good show, Forktoss! The best kinds of gifts are always hand-made:

This is loving awesome :)

Forktoss posted:

Thank goodness! I was worried it got time-scooped on the way - now there's still time for everyone to reconsider their GOTY picks.

(There's a little Easter Egg for you as well, so nobody please look at these spoilers except Bicyclops: try pressing 'B' on the keyboard while in the game!)

That's so great, haha

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Forktoss posted:

It's awesome, and bonus points for The Chumblies and Candyman, but...no Middle 8? :colbert:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DrUnfuckable/status/1341004326261678081

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Malcom Sucker :vince:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Finally got to a desktop, this is utterly amazing! Thank you so much for going above and beyond, Forktoss! You are an absolute credit to this thread! :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

re: Fight choreography

Hollywood: In a empty, sprawling warehouse

BBC: In a cupboard

https://twitter.com/therealjomartin/status/1341074685249921032?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 21, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Tories: The BBC has a cupboard? Slash their funding! :toughguy:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's the bit where that one stunt Judoon has to avoid running into a chair. Wow that's not great for OHS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ruth was great. A shame her entire existence is tied to the stupidest poo poo the franchise has ever done

YES INCLUDING THE GODDAMNED LOOMS