Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Thanks guys!

I knew I could always count on the Costco thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

The last two times i went they didn't have the potato skins in the frozen aisle :argh:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Don't buy Phillip's mini-crab cakes.

I swear to god, these contain rotten crab meat.

First one, I bit through the shell and it was like a bomb of rotten tang and ammonia went off.

Bad!

Bad, bad, bad.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Speaking of crab, I bought the tub of crab meat they hide near the cheeses and the 2lb bag of frozen shrimp and made a drat tasty gumbo the other day.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Went to church today, it's the only place I can get a pork belly without going to a butcher. Since I cure it for days then smoke it before slicing it up into bacon, I don't really need to pay butcher-quality prices.

Paul MaudDib posted:

the costco pizza is fairly meh when it's first cooked but toss it in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 370 to reheat it and it crisps up real nice.

Whoa, I'm sitting on some costco slices and a new air fryer. Gonna get my breakfast on.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My three pumpkin pies are eaten. By me only, I've gained 4 lb.
It was worth it.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

Speaking of crab, I bought the tub of crab meat they hide near the cheeses and the 2lb bag of frozen shrimp and made a drat tasty gumbo the other day.

I've used that to make this killer hot crab dip for taking to potlucks and the like. It's fun to watch it get passed over by most people, only to have a few Chosen Ones discover it and embarrass themselves as they scoop ever-increasing amounts onto their crackers.

Nice gumbo! Is that Costco sausage I see? Our 'Co has been getting kiolbassa-brand stuff and it's quite good. I don't remember if they have an andouille or not, tho.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fischtick posted:

I've used that to make this killer hot crab dip for taking to potlucks and the like. It's fun to watch it get passed over by most people, only to have a few Chosen Ones discover it and embarrass themselves as they scoop ever-increasing amounts onto their crackers.

Nice gumbo! Is that Costco sausage I see? Our 'Co has been getting kiolbassa-brand stuff and it's quite good. I don't remember if they have an andouille or not, tho.

I could swear I've seen andouille there before, but I couldn't find it this last trip. Other than the sausage, a few spices, and the bell pepper and okra which came from our garden, everything else was from Costco though. Even the bacon fat used in the roux came from saving it from Costco bacon.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Got my 2 dozen eggs yesterday, a chicken, the new blender, the Oral-B electric toothbrushes, and these delicious bastards:

You'd think how salty they are would be enough to limit your intake, but no. No.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Enos Cabell posted:

I could swear I've seen andouille there before, but I couldn't find it this last trip.

I wanna say they had a chicken andouille at one point?

They seemed to have stopped carrying that awesome sauerkraut too :(

It will be a super-sad day when the Hatch chile salsa goes away. I buy at least one jar every trip no matter what so I have like 3 saved up.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
My Costco finally has pimento cheese again after booting the racist rear end Palmetto Cheese company. "Taste of the South." It's pretty good. Hope hating on BLM was worth losing all the Costco business for the other company.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

Got my 2 dozen eggs yesterday, a chicken, the new blender, the Oral-B electric toothbrushes, and these delicious bastards:

You'd think how salty they are would be enough to limit your intake, but no. No.

I got sick of these delicious bastards after a handful. Hopefully they live up to your lust, but I wished I could find a different flavor after the first handful. There is only so much "garlic and herb" I can take.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Does your Costco have FastPasses for first responders? I was rather irritated after waiting in line to get into Costco this morning, and 4 people who stood off to the side, watching the line grow to about 100 people, walked right in when the gates opened. No one was in uniform.

Kudos to the old lady who tried to get in by claiming senior's hour, but the card checker told her that's only Mon-Fri, not on weekends, and made her go to the end of the line.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Spinz posted:

My three pumpkin pies are eaten. By me only, I've gained 4 lb.
It was worth it.
I made a sad revelation that the Costco Pecan Pie is not meant not advisable to be eaten by one person alone.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I've ripped through one of the bags of Soy Wasabi ones (Not 'stco sized) in about a week and that was probably a lethal dose of sodium.

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I went to Costco today and I ate a hot dog and washed it down with an iced tea for $1.50.

They won't let you put condiments on now because of COVID and just give you some mustard in a little to-go sauce cup, not even option for onions or relish which is heartbreaking

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

GAYIDS posted:

I went to Costco today and I ate a hot dog and washed it down with an iced tea for $1.50.

They won't let you put condiments on now because of COVID and just give you some mustard in a little to-go sauce cup, not even option for onions or relish which is heartbreaking

Paging Chinatown

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i bribed my costco they let me come in the back where theyve still got the onion machine locked up and use it for as long as i please

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Weird to call your mom “Costco” but okay

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you work at Costco is it pretty easy to steal stuff or is the security pretty tight?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

GAYIDS posted:

$1.50 is just too expensive if I don't have the opportunity to give myself debilitating heartburn due to overdoing it on the onions.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Their jewelryl is actually pretty dece for the price, fwiw

My mother's partner bought her a ring from Costco a few years ago and she made him take it back because she didn't want 'poo poo from Costco' and I didn't have the heart to tell her how much money the dude spent on her (he is rich as hell - owns about 400 convenience stores; still buys all his poo poo from the 'co)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wow your mom sounds like a good person

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

poisonpill posted:

Weird to call your mom “Costco” but okay

:boom:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Banish the heathen, may she never receive the sacrament of a 1.50 hot dog again.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Does Costco's 90 day return policy also extend to $30k rings?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
You know you can bring a nice beer in a koozie and drink it in the parking lot with a dog and nobody will say a thing.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Does Costco's 90 day return policy also extend to $30k rings?

I just checked, and yeah, full refund once reviewed by a Costco Gemologist apparently? I guess to make sure you don't swap out the rocks with glass. Takes a bit longer.

And yeah, my mother is a touch spoiled. She got him to order her some bespoke ring instead. Would have probably cost him less but at least she was happy?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Accretionist posted:

Don't buy Phillip's mini-crab cakes.

I swear to god, these contain rotten crab meat.

First one, I bit through the shell and it was like a bomb of rotten tang and ammonia went off.

Bad!

Bad, bad, bad.

My mom bought those a few weeks ago and we tried them today. We thought they were pretty good. You need to get yours refunded because they’re obviously not supposed to be like that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Anyone know the smallest amount of eggs you can buy at Costco?
Just one, but it's enough.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowslips Warren posted:

Does your Costco have FastPasses for first responders? I was rather irritated after waiting in line to get into Costco this morning, and 4 people who stood off to the side, watching the line grow to about 100 people, walked right in when the gates opened. No one was in uniform.

It's healthcare workers, and we also usually have work IDs. I never remember to bring mine though, but we haven't had lines (I last went before Thanksgiving though.)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The healthcare workers skip the line thing is interesting. I'm supposed to be able to use my hospital ID to skip the line but I'm scared to try it cause just clean the kitchens and break areas. I'm always afraid I'll show them my ID and they'll laugh at me for being a janitor and wanting to skip the line. Also I kind of like standing in line because you really get to have fabulously weird conversations with people that way.

I tried a pumpkin pie and hated it a lot. The one I got was utterly flavorless and the crust was soggy even after I put it through the oven. Did I get a bad pie, or are they usually very bland and under-spiced?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

fizzymercy posted:

The healthcare workers skip the line thing is interesting. I'm supposed to be able to use my hospital ID to skip the line but I'm scared to try it cause just clean the kitchens and break areas. I'm always afraid I'll show them my ID and they'll laugh at me for being a janitor and wanting to skip the line. Also I kind of like standing in line because you really get to have fabulously weird conversations with people that way.

I tried a pumpkin pie and hated it a lot. The one I got was utterly flavorless and the crust was soggy even after I put it through the oven. Did I get a bad pie, or are they usually very bland and under-spiced?

Always put it back in the oven for 10 minutes or so at 450 to finish the job.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

fizzymercy posted:

I also think the Costco pumpkin pie is bland and terrible

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

fizzymercy posted:

Only assholes will begrudge you doing this.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Only assholes will begrudge you doing this.

for real. anyone who gives you poo poo is a classist piece of poo poo.

also yeah the pumpkin pie is bland to me but ive never had a pumpkin pie that wasn’t :shrug:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

I also think the Costco pumpkin pie is bland and terrible

:same:

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

fizzymercy posted:

The healthcare workers skip the line thing is interesting. I'm supposed to be able to use my hospital ID to skip the line but I'm scared to try it cause just clean the kitchens and break areas. I'm always afraid I'll show them my ID and they'll laugh at me for being a janitor and wanting to skip the line.

According to Management that calls me after hours when they can't get on the wifi, "everyone who works in the facility contributes towards Quality of Patient Care that we're legally and ethically obligated to provide."

As such, I will be using the express lane from now on and you should too!

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

fizzymercy posted:

Cleaning a hospital is pretty loving important, especially now

And probably more dangerous than some of the other hospital jobs, if we're talking about chance of covid exposure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

fizzymercy posted:

I tried a pumpkin pie and hated it a lot.

Dont feel bad about using your badge to skip the line. You arent "just a janitor" but rather an essential worker who is required to go to an area that has a higher than normal chance of contracting a global pandemic virus so that others may receive adequate healthcare.

That said, gently caress you the pumpkin pie is delicious.