Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
IDK, it's a satire so it may have held up ok. i'll queue it for this week and report back

--

Fart Sandwiches posted:

he looks like he's trying to be menacing :wtc:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KubrickStare

--

ACTUAL SCIFI CONTENT:

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1340540501909413888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

its pretty funny to watch heathers and mean girls back to back, they're very similar minus the terrorism

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
did rogu die in django unchained

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Mando: I can't believe they brought back Bib Fortuna !!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Mando: I can't believe they brought back Bib Fortuna !!

he got real fat tho

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

he got real fat tho

he had to finish all that roast hutt

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also lmao one of his goons yelling MACLUNKEY before getting shot.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wait didn’t boba fett die how is he still alive

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
lol, remember that?

remember the thing from star wars? do you remember it? i hope you remember it because that's what every star wars entertainment product hopes to evoke. memories of the star wars product you liked that one time, from 40 years ago

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bump_fn posted:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

infernal machines posted:

lol, remember that?

remember the thing from star wars? do you remember it? i hope you remember it because that's what every star wars entertainment product hopes to evoke. memories of the star wars product you liked that one time, from 40 years ago

but did he escape out the giant sand worm rear end tori style or something

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

if you consult five hundred thousand words of expanded universe supplement you will clearly see that he actually

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

haveblue posted:

if you consult five hundred thousand words of expanded universe supplement you will clearly see that he actually

i’m specifically asking you nerds so i don’t have to

is it just like lol no explanation he’s back like dark maul in the han solo movie i watched kn a plane

it was really funny when he appeared as a spider lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bump_fn posted:

he blew the sarlacc up from the inside. i dont remember if he climbed out or the explosion blew him out, though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
it was kind of neat the way mandalorian was just a sci-fi adventure show that happened in the star wars universe. then someone at disney noticed that people liked it, and decided that what they'd like even more is if they made the show star wars instead. which is a shame because star wars itself has like 20 people at most in the entire universe, across maybe three planets. it's a tiny place to tell stories, and frankly the good ones were told four decades ago

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

bump_fn posted:

the sand worm removed all his armor and farted it out cause it was gross. boba fett fought his way out through the mouth because he's a real tough badass

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Achmed Jones posted:

he got real fat tho

I like how the actor who played Bobba Fett also got fat. I cracked up when I first saw him wearing the armor.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is explicitly explained in the tales of the bounty hunters anthology that the sarlacc, which is sentient, absorbs you into its intestinal wall and merges your circulatory and nervous systems with its own. this allows it to keep you alive for hundreds of years, throughout which it communicates with you. you are not strictly digested, as the sarlacc considers conscious beings too valuable to simply consume as food. instead you are gradually absorbed into the sarlacc's consciousness, joining thousands of other minds from eons ago.

god

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sagebrush posted:

it is explicitly explained in the tales of the bounty hunters anthology that the sarlacc, which is sentient, absorbs you into its intestinal wall and merges your circulatory and nervous systems with its own. this allows it to keep you alive for hundreds of years, throughout which it communicates with you. you are not strictly digested, as the sarlacc considers conscious beings too valuable to simply consume as food. instead you are gradually absorbed into the sarlacc's consciousness, joining thousands of other minds from eons ago.

god

i have one mouth and i must scream

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it was kind of neat the way mandalorian was just a sci-fi adventure show that happened in the star wars universe. then someone at disney noticed that people liked it, and decided that what they'd like even more is if they made the show star wars instead. which is a shame because star wars itself has like 20 people at most in the entire universe, across maybe three planets. it's a tiny place to tell stories, and frankly the good ones were told four decades ago

its being run by george lucas’s handpicked successor who was responsible for a ton of prequel eu stuff. it was never not gonna end up like this.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Yeah last night when i watched the first 2 eps i'm like okay. this is five years after jedi. what is the galacto-political situation here. how are the rebels doing? is the empire truly dead or just a patchwork of crippled gangs of scattered extremists and then i realized that it doesn't loving matter and i should enjoy the blaster fights and the cool blacksmith scenes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

god
that book is the first and only eu book i’ve read. also notable for ig-88 becoming the AI core of the second death star shortly before it is blown up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

its being run by george lucas’s handpicked successor who was responsible for a ton of prequel eu stuff. it was never not gonna end up like this.

that's a shame really

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah last night when i watched the first 2 eps i'm like okay. this is five years after jedi. what is the galacto-political situation here. how are the rebels doing? is the empire truly dead or just a patchwork of crippled gangs of scattered extremists and then i realized that it doesn't loving matter and i should enjoy the blaster fights and the cool blacksmith scenes

the weird thing is, you can probably still show that stuff, use it as a backdrop for these smaller stories without needing to re-animate luke skywalker and a dozen other people you might remember from one of the films

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Kenny Logins posted:

also notable for ig-88 becoming the AI core of the second death star shortly before it is blown up

poo poo like this is exactly why the expanded universe was utter trash

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sweevo posted:

poo poo like this is exactly why the expanded universe was utter trash
i consider myself very lucky for reading that one first lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

that book is the first and only eu book i’ve read. also notable for ig-88 becoming the AI core of the second death star shortly before it is blown up

isn't he also like loving around with the doors and elevators annoying all the death star workers and was about to use it to start mass-producing more copies of himself to take over all the meatbags right before it gets blown up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the weird thing is, you can probably still show that stuff, use it as a backdrop for these smaller stories without needing to re-animate luke skywalker and a dozen other people you might remember from one of the films

It's very annoying because they have a literal galaxy of things they can make up to work with.

One of the chapotraphouse hosts described it as a show about doing fetch quests and that was why it fun to watch. Then they started tying things to universe and it became less enjoyable. It's hard to get invested when the show has done 0 character development outside of baby yoda and you're expected to know about these characters from other star wars franchises.

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 20, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

isn't he also like loving around with the doors and elevators annoying all the death star workers and was about to use it to start mass-producing more copies of himself to take over all the meatbags right before it gets blown up
almost certainly. but also the stakes have never been lower on such a guess

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
chapotrapterhouse dune

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Yes ig-88 slams the elevator doors in palpy's face and is startled when he uses the force to pry them back open.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

spent the weekend watching the lord of the rings trilogy, still amazed they managed to make them so good and not gently caress it up like they did 10 years later with the hobbit

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Yes ig-88 slams the elevator doors in palpy's face and is startled when he uses the force to pry them back open.

thats really dumb and corny

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the lord of the rings is fantasy epic comprising six books in three volumes with nearly half a million words. the hobbit is a shortish novel with less than 100k words to work with, a lot of them set dressing.

one of those is suitable for adaptation into a three-movie epic trilogy, and the other just simply isn't.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so i like the lotr trilogy and rewatched over the past month

then im all HEY LETS KEEP PETER JACKSONING and downloaded the hobbit trilogy

honestly i havent made it more than 45 minutes in to the first one. it seems, i dunno...goofy? trying for comedy? idk.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah it turns out if you do a ton of research and spend a lot of time and effort into your craft and art direction you can make a really good set of movies

lotr vs the hobbit is a great contrast in this

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
also the hobbit is a children's book

you could get a single good feature-length film out of it, or perhaps a duology of 90-120min children's films, but padding it out to three features is just insanity. there's not enough meat on them bones.

ultimately it's a trilogy because it's a lazy hollywood cash-in. overall not worth your time.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
it’s a kids book shouldn’t it be goofy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

ian-mckellen-breaking-down-in-tears-acting-at-a-tennisball.webm