Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the big sink, bolted to the floor that you can sit on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the big round white sink?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve come to my gfs house during my half hour lunch break coz she lives close and for lunch i’m having a beer

I suppose I can’t do this during watuary and might have to make a decision that’s good for me :cry:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
echi, bad optics!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if you drink water as your primary beverage like a reasonable person you won't have to do weird water-only periods

of course you could still do weird water-only periods for funsies if you want, no gods no masters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol “ok”

today I’ve had two coffee and 1.5L of sugar free energy drink. it’s good in fact it’s great but I need
to stop it god drat

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

does really weak beer count as water. like 2.5% abv

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

1.5L of sugar free energy drink

wtf echi how are you gonna lead the andrews to overtake the jameses when you’re doing controlled flight into terrain

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nothing better than sipping on an ice cold beer on a hot January day

but I’m willing to make the sacrifice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod saas posted:

wtf echi how are you gonna lead the andrews to overtake the jameses when you’re doing controlled flight into terrain

the night is darkest before the dawn

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what is the definition of dawn? because I don't think that its that dark before the dawn. but then again I define dawn as being able to see the sun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dawn is 71 minutes before sunrise, when the center of the sun's disc is 18 degrees below the horizon. It is when the first rays of refracted sunlight begin to show in the sky. Similarly, dusk is 71 minutes after sunset.

Whether the sky is darkest just before the dawn depends on the time of year and the phase of the moon.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yes this is all well and good but what about ecclesiastical dawn, hmmmm?????? what about that?!

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

ajax is fine tbh and a lot cheaper

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Dawn is 71 minutes before sunrise

doesn’t this exact number rely utterly on the day of the year and your latitude

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i am not an astronomer but i don't think so

sunrise is defined as the moment the upper limb of the sun touches the horizon. dawn is the moment the center of the sun reaches 18 degrees below the horizon. the sun's disc has a radius of 0.25 degrees.

this means that the earth needs to rotate 17.75 degrees between dawn and sunrise, and it always rotates at 15 degrees per hour.

i think that your latitude and the time of year will change how long the sun spends above the horizon after sunrise, but the rate at which it moves from dawn to sunrise should always be constant

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
detroit water is really good and i love watuary

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that can't be right - at some latitudes you get dawn with no sunrise

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wouldn't that just mean that the sun was moving between -18 and 0 degrees but never actually coming over the horizon?

Is it possible to have dawn with no sunrise for a period of longer than 142 minutes?

e: nah, i'm a dumbass, all of this only applies to the equator.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sagebrush was wrong about something I was right about???? 2020 has completely turned around for me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

you can always choose to do wwatuary

the extra w stands for weaksauce

late quoting but this is what i did last time and will do again because it helped me curb my coffee and beer before covid 2020. the beer is way down but the coffee is way up now so i could use a refresher

Nomnom Cookie posted:

does really weak beer count as water. like 2.5% abv

this is tempting but i dont like a loophole allowing pbr and lites because those shouldnt count as beer or water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they sure don’t! i’ve watered it down enough by allowing soda water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god speed agile vector

it’s a sacrifice for sure, but most good things take sacrifice

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

sagebrush was wrong about something I was right about???? 2020 has completely turned around for me

i know that feel.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

this twilight bullshit

civil twilight love to scream sing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they should just call it twilight 1 2 and 3

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

twislight

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

they should just call it twilight 1 2 and 3

twilight, new moon, and eclipse

then breaking dawn

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

carry on then posted:

twilight, new moon, and eclipse

then breaking dawn

50 shades of gray thrown in

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shaggar posted:

i love sink water

i am committing to drink nothing but sun-heated garden hose water all of January.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echi, point of information: do hose ants count as cheating or are they food?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they’re food so it’s fine

better question , is jizz a drink or a food?

it’s more like a sauce or dip I suppose

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

woah woah woah. hold up. can i put blended ants in my water then?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

they’re food so it’s fine

better question , is jizz a drink or a food?

it’s more like a sauce or dip I suppose

i believe canonically it is a batter

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Captain Foo posted:

i believe canonically it is a batter

depends on application. otherwise it's a glaze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004