Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Na'Vi is....BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DNK posted:

Hoodwink needs some nerfs. Her net needs its cast range reduced. Her Q could drop the bonus damage entirely and still be good.

Every Dota hero launches as completely broken it's pretty expected at this point

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Juggernaut is a loving beast now, drat.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Every Dota hero launches as completely broken it's pretty expected at this point

I hate every hero valve has made.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

DNK posted:

Hoodwink needs some nerfs. Her net needs its cast range reduced. Her Q could drop the bonus damage entirely and still be good.

The CD on the W is nuts too and has a talent. 2.2s aoe stun every 11s... And you can plant the tree after throwing the bola. And you can cast while ulting. And you can go invis while channelling it or tping.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 18, 2020

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hoodwink is especially egregious. Every single spell on the hero is a broken spell.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Give it a day or 2 and she'll get toned down

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they gave Ursa the Rampage :unsmith:

there's a Lol all-star event going on and everyone is playing clownshoes stupid and there's barely more kills per minute than an average dota game

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

Hoodwink is especially egregious. Every single spell on the hero is a broken spell.

Just like Snapfire then?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Give it a day or 2 and she'll get toned down

Didn't even need to wait that long

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1340116802810990594

7.28a or w/e will probably still happen within the week

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mars agh lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Brax has joined 4 Zoomers, playing offlane. Currently playing against Sadboys (Fear/Ppd stack) on BTS. this has been your na dota report.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Rumor has it this patch has a part 2 with economy and map changes

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’m wondering if it’s a “Part 2” of the patch or if it’s Valve saying, “The next big patch is planned to be economy and map.”

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Last big patch valve said they were doing it in two halves. I think it's the same thing here. I bet that are adding a second boss monster objective like LoL has.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe second half will have spectre arcana too

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jenkins posted a funny video about some game he had with a core Venge who rushed a scepter, and I guess the enemy team found the illusion after a teamfight and just followed it around and chain disabled it until the respawn timer wore off and then killed Venge again when she swapped with the illusion. And it was arguably worthwhile to do so since it was a mid Venge.

Unintended consequences...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TOOT BOOT posted:

Jenkins posted a funny video about some game he had with a core Venge who rushed a scepter, and I guess the enemy team found the illusion after a teamfight and just followed it around and chain disabled it until the respawn timer wore off and then killed Venge again when she swapped with the illusion. And it was arguably worthwhile to do so since it was a mid Venge.

why would you post this but not include the video

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

why would you post this but not include the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-2jBUFk28

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

I still stand by the idea being really cool. Rushing Aghs is probably a bad idea though. Scepter, two wraith bands, and power treads is obviously going to be garbage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I still stand by the idea being really cool. Rushing Aghs is probably a bad idea though. Scepter, two wraith bands, and power treads is obviously going to be garbage.

yeah same with the sand king shard, the problem isn't the item it's how/when it was used

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

And the real solution to that problem is to have good communication with your team. Understand if they are going to want to reinitiate when you respawn, or if you should have your illusion retreat or dive an enemy tier 4.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

yeah same with the sand king shard, the problem isn't the item it's how/when it was used

If SK shard proccing can be seen in fog, it's pretty poo poo. That seems like a bug, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

If SK shard proccing can be seen in fog, it's pretty poo poo. That seems like a bug, though.

oh, yeah I was just assuming that, I was talking about him running around camps like a moron trying to farm with it and melting down about it being a bad item for that reason

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/SUNSfanTV/status/1341002240216068096

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there was another patch, for some reason i can't find a nice-format valve page yet https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ki3j8l/728a_gameplay_update/ggonl7c/

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DNK posted:

:smith:

:getin:

Hell yeah sven got fuckin’ WRECKED. Happy to have him gone for a meta.

So what prevents sven from using a blink dagger? After blink the hits seem to trigger as usual, with echo sabre the weak support gets 2 hits to face before he can say "cat".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ihmemies posted:

So what prevents sven from using a blink dagger?

Damage

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I think him losing the dispel on storm hammer from the talent tree and moving it onto the shard was also pretty big

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 22, 2020

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I think him losing the dispel on storm hammer from the talent tree and moving it onto the shard was also pretty big

Yeah everyone else got new options from the shard, Sven has to pay 1400 gold to be how he was before.

Edit: V true, I forgot about that. Also keep forgetting shards aren’t available until the 20 minute mark.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 22, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emdash posted:

there was another patch, for some reason i can't find a nice-format valve page yet https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/ki3j8l/728a_gameplay_update/ggonl7c/

ugh, that nerf to jugg shard is huuuuge. At least make an incremental nerf valve. :negative:

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah everyone else got new options from the shard, Sven has to pay 1400 gold to be how he was before.

Not even what he was before, since he doesn't get a free attack on impact.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen interest in a new hero fall off so fast as Hoodwink. It's neither picked nor banned in most of my games.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Picked or banned in every one of my games. Because I pick hoodwink if they’re not banned. They’re a ton of fun to play and still pretty strong

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i have won every game on hoodwink and been mvp every game on hoodwink

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't think I've ever seen interest in a new hero fall off so fast as Hoodwink. It's neither picked nor banned in most of my games.

I wish valve did like 4 heroes a year instead of 1 or 2, it really sucks when one of them is a dud.

The last full carry added to the game was Terrorblade, 5 years ago.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/trends

????????????????????????

hoodwink #2 in pick rate and has a 45% win rate, which is insane, in what way is hoodwink a dud

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The hero is pretty good and cool with a fun synergizing skillset, and seems to be fine as pos2-4. It’ll be good to see in the DPC

Now when’s the next one coming??

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sugar free jazz posted:

https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/trends

????????????????????????

hoodwink #2 in pick rate and has a 45% win rate, which is insane, in what way is hoodwink a dud

She's one of those stupid S2 HoN heroes that does a bit of everything and brings nothing unique to the table.

Also she looks dumb.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

She’s a chill Aussie squirrel who’s ready for a bit of brekkie she rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think she's eventually gonna fall into being a 3 or a 4 in the pro scene, her stun and ult are really good teamfight tools that require zero farm, and one point in her Q creates the tree you need for her stun wherever you want it