Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

whens the new episode

Last week's dropped at 4pm Pacific/midnight UTC so who knows if it's the same or not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Last week's dropped at 4pm Pacific/midnight UTC so who knows if it's the same or not!

so......13 min?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, if they do it early like last week it could be in a few minutes. But it's /supposed/ to be out tomorrow.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

so......13 min?

Correct. Like fromage said though, no idea if that was a one-time early release or what we should expect every week. We'll see!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thanks friends

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
An early drop would be a day after winter solstice miracle!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Oh poo poo they did the thing, I'm watching E4 right now

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I can't see it on mine :(

Nevermind :getin:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I can't see it on mine :(

I went to Episode 3, then to the end, and it showed up as the next Episode there

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
drat it my Amazon prime trial ended.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
refresh, it should pop up.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TraderStav posted:

An early drop would be a day after winter solstice miracle!

I'm a believer!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Pastamania posted:

I love his completely baffled '..I told him to stay down'? at the end.

he sounds like a kid being reprimanded, it's so good

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I am watching right now.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
Yeah looks like they drop at midnight GMT which if you're EST is 7 the night before

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

200-300 kilotons. :argh: That's loving nothing!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Adam Savage has gone too far this time.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Grand Fromage posted:

200-300 kilotons. :argh: That's loving nothing!

I thought the exact same thing lol, all they had to do was change the kilo- to mega- and it makes way more sense :argh:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

I thought the exact same thing lol, all they had to do was change the kilo- to mega- and it makes way more sense :argh:

Even that's too small. The Chicxulub impactor is estimated as ~100 teratons. 200-300 gigatons each would work. 200-300 kilotons is something you can safely watch from the roof of your hotel in Vegas when they're blowing them up in the Nevada test site 50 miles away. It ain't doing poo poo if you aren't near it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Adam Savage has gone too far this time.

I laughed at that too.

Excellent episode. The hits just kept coming. Intense.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Is there an end to the bad bar joke in the books? I assume the belter asks for belt whiskey and says “I like to think like my enemy so I drink like him”

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

TraderStav posted:

I laughed at that too.

Excellent episode. The hits just kept coming. Intense.

Really effin solid season so far. My only gripe is I want MORE!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm only about 20 minutes into it but every single scene has been HOLY loving poo poo

But that's a lol.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I really hope Amos doesn’t have to fight the prisoner who got a name and explanation about how crazy he is and how strong his augs make him.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

drat that was a good episode

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Mons Hubris posted:

I really hope Amos doesn’t have to fight the prisoner who got a name and explanation about how crazy he is and how strong his augs make him.

No that would be silly, obviously he's going to get his rear end kicked by Swole Dude and then right when it looks like Amos is super duper hosed Peaches activates her combat drugs and snaps Swole Dude's neck instead

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Just finished the episode and :tviv:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Fred... and earlier than the books... oof.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Groetgaffel posted:

Just finished the episode and :tviv:

Yea this was pretty much :tviv: from star to finish, except for Holden getting punched by the robot, that was a solid lol.

Also LOL Marco : We are going to leave all the hatred and malice of humanity behind *casually murders millions, if not billions of innocent people*. Also its pretty drat clear he sees Inners as a lower form of life, that they are a separate species of human, which is not a good look for someone they've talked about 'not being the villain you think'.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This season is so good it’s fuckin killing me that I can’t just binge the whole thing lol.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ep 4: Was really thrilled by the Tycho insurrection and rock droppery. S5 is SO much stronger than S4, goddamn. And Monica the unexpected MVP this ep getting Sakai, AND saving Holden.

Not sure I understood the nuance of Clarissa repeating Amos's advice back to him from season 4. I almost thought it was meant to be a sweet moment, but they both looked pretty hurt and it made him ask if he should leave?

Naomi's actress is still killing it with her performance. And Clarissa's, actually. Also probably the most intense Avasarala we've had in the entire show's run too! But is it just me, or was Bobbie's actress pretty bad at delivering that mouse story?

I prefer death in fiction to slap you in the face, all sudden and graceless. As opposed to anime style lengthy deathbed speeches to sad music (hi, FFVII remake) - BUT I'm sad that's all Fred got. Felt like something was missing. A final word, the corpse to be framed better, I don't know? Seemed like such a throwaway scene on the table there.

Even more disappointed by how uninteresting and uninspiring Marco is. I'd pretty much endorse Belter extremism after 4 seasons of seeing how they're treated, but he doesn't come off as charismatic, doesn't frame it in a particular way, pretty flat delivery and doesn't seem to have any depth. He's exactly the selfish bad guy the good characters tell us he is. They did more with Dawes in season 1, honestly.

qirex posted:

Is there an end to the bad bar joke in the books? I assume the belter asks for belt whiskey and says “I like to think like my enemy so I drink like him”
I think Shohreh hinted on Twitter the show will come back to it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

veni veni veni posted:

This season is so good it’s fuckin killing me that I can’t just binge the whole thing lol.

The end last week had me by the balls. Like you knew the rock hit, but you had no idea what it did. But then this week we get to see the effect.

I hope Shohreh get to keep her costumes, because they are amazing.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I can't remember, is this the first time they've actually said "hand terminal" on the show? I remember it coming up all the time in the books and thinking that it's such a clunky phrase, but it seemed curiously absent on the show

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006
Freaking sweet Ep.

Nancy Gao and her amazing boobies... I'm sure she's fine. ...she must have gotten out somehow...

Pretty sure they mentioned hand terminals when the Ganymede refugees were getting relief on Tycho (maybe).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gfarrell80 posted:

Nancy Gao and her amazing boobies... I'm sure she's fine. ...she must have gotten out somehow...

What the gently caress is this

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Mons Hubris posted:

Chekhov's inmate

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

VagueRant posted:

Not sure I understood the nuance of Clarissa repeating Amos's advice back to him from season 4. I almost thought it was meant to be a sweet moment, but they both looked pretty hurt and it made him ask if he should leave?

My read on this was Amos realizing that the conditions under which Clarissa is imprisoned are so much worse than he had thought, and that just toughing it out like he advised isn't sustainable

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

VagueRant posted:

But is it just me, or was Bobbie's actress pretty bad at delivering that mouse story?

Yeah this was crazy bad, like the first bits of ep 1. That whole scene reeked of “As you know,” type exposition

“Hmm maybe it really is just a supply mission.”

“NO IT IS AN ILLICIT RENDEZVOUS, SOON THEY WILL MAKE CONTACT WITH A SUSPICIOUS PARTY”

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Really felt like this was the first "real" episode of the season. Like the first three were basically recap and setting episodes, not that they where bad mind you. Just that everyone is just going about there everyday, and that's not really what this series is about.

I went over to the excellent nukemap to check out how the blast radius of the rocks would have worked out. As others have said, the audio from the episode doesn't track. 2000-3000 Kt is well within the range of currently deployed arsenals, now if they where supposed to be saying 200-300 Mt that's something that will ruin a continent. For reference the largest ever bomb tested by the Soviets was estimated at ~50Mt and that was lighting things on fire hundreds of miles away.

Poor Fred :(

I thought it slightly hilarious that any of the characters thought their pea shooters would do anything against salvage bot. Also holden not being concerned about ricochets and the blue vial of death.

Marco Aneros seriously underestimates the vindictiveness of the human race if he thinks an opening move like this is going to produce a belter utopia. His population is significantly more vulnerable to attack, Earth has huge gently caress off rail guns in orbit. Belter population centers continue to exist at their pleasure.

Not to mention any food issues the belt would probably continue to be having with the destruction of Ganymede not that long ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just finished programming the new Chromecast with Google TV and am prepared to watch this show in 4K from here on out.

My body is ready.