Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm stuck in the city because of COVID this year, so to make up for it I've been loving around on Google maps/reviews. Here are some of the images I've found to fill the small town void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i became an introvert as a natural defense to all the things itt existing

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Good skin on that gravy yessir.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Does Americana mean gross diners?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The Management posted:

I think it refers to the guns these people are conceal carrying, you need 3 per person to classify as americana.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Management posted:

It means whatever you want it to friend :clint:

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

I snuck a cat into that place once

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

RepeatingMeme posted:

I snuck a cat into that place once

I have a lot of questions but the most pressing one has to be... why?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

TheAardvark posted:

I have a lot of questions but the most pressing one has to be... why?

Trying out various corns for the best litter.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The Management posted:

It means everything in the wasteland between the coasts.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I feel like they are unintentionally inviting competition by calling it " Worlds ONLY corn palace".

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

not sure what's going on here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I really miss yard sales and flea markets. Although all the flea markets I've been to in the last 5~ years seemed to have progressively more "fell off the back of the truck" style poo poo selling packaged garbage

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
here is a man taking a piss

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.3363228,-99.5948187,3a,19.9y,161.24h,81.86t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seEsLiVsyDPSiG-b8HNr3yw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

you are welcome

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmao

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TheAardvark posted:

Those types of diners are rare nowadays but their design is pretty loving rad, IMO. It makes serving the whole restaurant really easy and the wait staff has really access to the kitchen.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Same

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

TheAardvark posted:

I was in a diner like this in Yellowstone. It's a place to get a hot meal if you don't/can't cook at your campground while also providing the park with some :10bux: via the gift shop.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zugzwang posted:

I was in a diner like this in Yellowstone. It's a place to get a hot meal if you don't/can't cook at your campground while also providing the park with some :10bux: via the gift shop.

It may have been this one! It was listed as a Country Store in Yellowstone.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

"TheAardvark" posted:

drat, you know that dude in the tie pulls major tail.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
*following

The non-boosted lady has some serious hair.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bananana posted:

drat, you know that dude in the tie pulls major tail.

hell I bet he's banging away at this very moment

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

very normal

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I hope to visit this place someday.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Didn't even have the courage to put an obese Texan on the sign smh

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

TheAardvark posted:

It may have been this one! It was listed as a Country Store in Yellowstone.
It was definitely built in like the 1950s and hasn't been updated since. Burger and fries were great though! So, very Americana.

Speaking of places built ages ago and never updated since, South of the Border is an "attraction" that has approximately 186,282,399 billboards all up and down I-95. They have fireworks, a reptile pit, a motel, a general store, all kinds of stuff, but I have no idea how they make any money given how much they seem to spend on advertising. Wifezwang and I drove through there once to see if we could get something to eat, but we decided the risk of getting hepatitis was too high, so we hosed off to a Waffle House instead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zugzwang posted:

It was definitely built in like the 1950s and hasn't been updated since. Burger and fries were great though! So, very Americana.

Speaking of places built ages ago and never updated since, South of the Border is an "attraction" that has approximately 186,282,399 billboards all up and down I-95. They have fireworks, a reptile pit, a motel, a general store, all kinds of stuff, but I have no idea how they make any money given how much they seem to spend on advertising. Wifezwang and I drove through there once to see if we could get something to eat, but we decided the risk of getting hepatitis was too high, so we hosed off to a Waffle House instead.

This place rules

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I wanted to post to say...I was here.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
On one hand, I hate everything in this thread. On the other, seeing this just made me instantly nostalgic for about 50 different moments and relatives and trips to see grandparents and family vacations simultaneously, so maybe I actually love all of it?

Also South of the Border is amazing because I always wanted to go there after seeing it talked up in Jean Shepherd's Great American Fourth of July or whatever it was called, and when I finally went there with my girlfriend we took some pictures and wondered how it stayed in business with no customers and left because we, too, like the Zugzwangs, were concerned about getting hepatitis at the diner

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Quarex posted:

On one hand, I hate everything in this thread. On the other, seeing this just made me instantly nostalgic for about 50 different moments and relatives and trips to see grandparents and family vacations simultaneously, so maybe I actually love all of it?

i just want to sit at the god drat counter and eat an omelette and drink enough coffee until its time for a violent poo poo afterwards

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What's stopping you from doing that in the safety of your own home

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Come on down to South of the Border!*

*not actually south of the border, don't drive too far south!