Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today I am learning about this sad excuse for a gun:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer

Only 3 were ever made, and two were destroyed in testing

Also seriously who needs an automatic shotgun

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

StrixNebulosa posted:

Pretty sure they are needed to for video games. Big market would be my guess.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've definitely shot that gun in a video game but I can't remember which one. Deus Ex maybe?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

StrixNebulosa posted:

There's a scene at the end of spec ops the line where you can go absolute ham with one and its great

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I've definitely shot that gun in a video game but I can't remember which one. Deus Ex maybe?

I think the auto shotgun in Deus Ex had a drum.

The original Deus Ex is probably my favorite game of all time but I don't like any of the sequels that I've tried. I wish they could recapture that magic, even just a remaster would be awesome.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Tip posted:

I think the auto shotgun in Deus Ex had a drum.

The original Deus Ex is probably my favorite game of all time but I don't like any of the sequels that I've tried. I wish they could recapture that magic, even just a remaster would be awesome.

Have you played Prey? That's one of the most Deus Ex games I've ever played.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

This Prey: https://store.steampowered.com/app/480490/Prey/

Not the one from 2007 or so, this one is an immersive sim type thing and it owns

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
why the gently caress do fingernails grow so fast, like I i swear to god I just cut you you little shits don't be giving me attitude when i go to scratch my rear end

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
is there time to ammend my 2019 tax returns to say i have 1666 children so i can get a $1000200 stimulus? of course ill change it back after

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'll be one of your innumerable swarm children , put me down

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i have simply to edit the number. im something of a financial wizard

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

StrixNebulosa posted:

This Prey: https://store.steampowered.com/app/480490/Prey/

Not the one from 2007 or so, this one is an immersive sim type thing and it owns

I tried it and couldn't get into it. It seemed interesting but also difficult just to be difficult.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Have you played Prey? That's one of the most Deus Ex games I've ever played.

I played the demo for the original Prey but I haven't tried that new one, looks pretty cool.

Honestly I've barely played any flat screen games in the last 7 years, I've been pretty much all VR. If they remade Deus Ex as a VR game I would be so happy.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

why the gently caress do fingernails grow so fast, like I i swear to god I just cut you you little shits don't be giving me attitude when i go to scratch my rear end

Just lol if you aren’t anxiously biting them to stumps every day

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sitting Here posted:

Right now I'm glad mine grow quickly because I hosed up on one of my nails the other day and exposed a bunch of quick.

Don't trim your nails in the dark while watching television.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm listening to a podcast where these two guys are talking about how their comedy short film played at the New York Television Festival and then Mitch Hurwitz and the Duplass brothers came up to them and said they were awesome and then their short got turned into an HBO series.

I got a short comedy film into the New York Television Festival a few years ago but I was poor and couldn't afford to go.

gently caress.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I’m having some doubts about this thread

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Jakabite posted:

I’m having some doubts about this thread

It's just the holidays slump. None of the threads I regularly read are getting any posts.

Now I'm reading poo poo like the Idaho thread just to get my fix.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Brutal. Merry slumpmas goons

cnut
May 3, 2016

Posting on the unluckiest page itt :smug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cnut posted:

Posting on the unluckiest page itt :smug:

Who needs luck when you’ve got charm? :fella:

cnut
May 3, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Who needs luck when you’ve got charm? :fella:

But what if you've got, ahem, lucky charms? :thunk:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

cnut posted:

But what if you've got, ahem, lucky charms? :thunk:

But what if you've got Chucky arms?

Seriously, what the gently caress should I do? I'm like a loving t-rex with these tiny arms.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Tip posted:

But what if you've got Chucky arms?

Seriously, what the gently caress should I do? I'm like a loving t-rex with these tiny arms.

I hope you have a long penis so you can touch it when necessary.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

new expanse season is real good

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i'm rationing myself, but i just watched the second one and it was really really good

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

sebmojo posted:

new expanse season is real good

I've tried to watch the Expanse a couple times but I got distracted. I'm not sure if it's the first episode's fault or just my chronic lack of attention.

Please sell me on it, I keep hearing it's good but that's practically all I know other than it's a space show. How is it good? What's the tone?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's basically a Traveler campaign: a very gritty and realistic (with a few hand waves) drama set in a plausible solar system full of people loving each others poo poo up. The core crew tool round the place in their spaceship and every solved problem leads to another one.

Watch the first four eps and you'll know if you want to keep going, the first couple are a little slow but the fourth ends on an amazing hell yeah scene.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve thread, may you be blessed with many posts

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I believe in this thread I really do. I don't have many posts to contribute now but I've got a big posting investment that i expect will pay out any day

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I think I've discovered my new holiday tradition: wake up with a migraine. I did it this Thanksgiving and again today. Very fun.

sebmojo posted:

It's basically a Traveler campaign: a very gritty and realistic (with a few hand waves) drama set in a plausible solar system full of people loving each others poo poo up. The core crew tool round the place in their spaceship and every solved problem leads to another one.

Watch the first four eps and you'll know if you want to keep going, the first couple are a little slow but the fourth ends on an amazing hell yeah scene.

:hmmyes:

It's frustrating to hear, "Just watch for 3 hours to find out if you'll like it," but I suppose that's the downside of the new golden age of television. It's hard to start out great but everything is so loving serialized you can't just hop into the middle.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Tip posted:

I've tried to watch the Expanse a couple times but I got distracted. I'm not sure if it's the first episode's fault or just my chronic lack of attention.

Please sell me on it, I keep hearing it's good but that's practically all I know other than it's a space show. How is it good? What's the tone?

The first season is imo the worst (but still good). The rest of the series so far is loving spectacular.

It's hard(ish) SciFi with great writing, a good cast and tons of interesting backstory.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I found the last season (4th) to be kinda boring, but not unwatchable or anything. I think having them just be stuck on a dull planet rather than out in space was the cause

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I found the last season (4th) to be kinda boring, but not unwatchable or anything. I think having them just be stuck on a dull planet rather than out in space was the cause

I felt this way about the second season of Futureman. They go from a season of time hopping and genre hopping to a straight forward story that takes places entirely in one time period.

Probably a budget thing, the seasonal equivalent of a bottle episode.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah season 4 wasn't great either, except for Amos kicking rear end and Avaserala, goddamn I love her.

Edit: /\ Agreed

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 25, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That book is notorious for being insanely tedious so they did ok just making it a little dull, I liked it fine and can see an argument for why they did it. There's some stuff you wouldn't want spoiled there though so I'll speak of it no more

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ok you guys, you did it, I just started episode 1 of the Expanse.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

See if you can work out why the hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Merry Christmas thread!