Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Lmao yeah, totally gimped :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Putting a 4k bluray in my CD player because gently caress the police

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is there a compiled list of what PS4 games actually get upgrades / have a PS5 version? It's incredibly confusing trying to compile this information - I want to get a few games out of my backlog that don't have a difference PS4 vs. PS5 but everything I'm finding online gives...inconclusive information.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Kirios posted:

Is there a compiled list of what PS4 games actually get upgrades / have a PS5 version? It's incredibly confusing trying to compile this information - I want to get a few games out of my backlog that don't have a difference PS4 vs. PS5 but everything I'm finding online gives...inconclusive information.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Waltzing Along posted:

So you can run the PS5 disk on the PS4? If not, the PS5 version is gimped compared to the PS4 version.

This sounds extremely dumb.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
u forgot fornite

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For the most part it is fair to assume just about every game has a frame rate boost, unless your desired game is Bloodborne which actually manages to run worst on PS5 because of course it would lmao. For some reason Assetto Corsa Competizione doesn't run well on PS5 either, the devs just shouldn't have bothered with releasing this on console, they are inexperienced with consoles and it shows. Games that struggled to maintain 30fps now run at a steady 30fps, and some games are even 60fps where before they werent even close.

For games that actually have PS5 native support, as in the developer took the time to really optimize their game for the system; there are barely any games right now in this category. The highlights are Demon's Souls, Spider-Man Miles Morales, NBA 2k21, Call of Duty Cold War, and Godfall. Of those titles, I think NBA 2k21 is actually the standout flagship next-gen game right now, the one that you point to to show what is possible on these new systems. Raytracing updates are coming to Cyberpunk, and Control next year, and those games will look amazing if their PC ports are any indication.

So to answer your question there isn't really a list no, because it would be too difficult to compile. Just run on the assumption that 1.) everything has way better load times, and 2.) everything has a better more stable frame rate.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

qbert posted:

This sounds extremely dumb.

If the PS4 version runs on both a PS4 and a PS5 with a free upgrade, but the PS5 version only runs on the PS5 then you are dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This will all be a non issue in a year when the majority of games are ps5 only.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

If the PS4 version runs on both a PS4 and a PS5 with a free upgrade, but the PS5 version only runs on the PS5 then you are dumb.

stop posting. forever!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

This will all be a non issue in a year when the majority of games are ps5 only.

I bought the PS 2-5 at launch and this is incredibly true of the sony business model.

They don't release poo poo on the previous console once the new guy is out. I don't think my PS3 has even been plugged in since I unboxed the ps4 on launch day.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
where the hell is the 60 fps death stranding patch kojima

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I bought the PS 2-5 at launch and this is incredibly true of the sony business model.

They don't release poo poo on the previous console once the new guy is out. I don't think my PS3 has even been plugged in since I unboxed the ps4 on launch day.

Well if you want to play ps3 games without the horrible PSnow stream delay and the game wasn't re-made for ps4 you do have to use a ps3.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PSA I highly recommend not downloading the latest Cyberpunk patch they royally hosed it up on PS5. Unless this is only happening to me for some insane reason, people are in for a rude awakening because the game looks and runs like poo poo all of sudden after updating it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I move apartments on average about once every two years with all this poo poo. It's about as heavy and annoying as it looks.

We're goons. We all have our rooms full of dumb poo poo.

Are those real plants? Been thinking about getting something like for the top of my shelves but dunno if i want to bother with the upkeep

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Are those real plants?

LOL

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On the bright side I'll be gone for a few days. I'm sure there will be three new patches by the time I get back that will gently caress it up in new and unexpected ways.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I've been sunbro-ing around dark souls 3 and I was helping out with old demon king. Right before the boss dude the host summons another phantom. Dude has no shirt, he's got caestus, his name is Kazuma Kiryu. Proceeds to punch the boss to death.

I'm dismayed that you can't parry old demon king because I wanted to see Judgement Kazzy pull a tiger drop.

:eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I'm new to the house plant scene.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Closet Of Shame™

Closet of cool

Nice cassavete set

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 24, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

I'm new to the house plant scene.

I think the broadleaf plant on the right is monstera, which is extremely low maintenance (even survives without much light) and nice to have around. go get yourself one, Vikar!

It'll be a good friend.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Closet of cool

Nice cassavete set

the pic is too low res for people to notice the Pocket Kama Sutra on the middle shelf, my friend got it for me in Nepal and it unfolds into a bunch of full color panels of illustrated loving and sucking lol mega power life item :grin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't collect physical media anymore outside of PS4 discs which just get piled into a cabinet but here is my corner of shame.

There's actually more now this is an old pic :spergin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I don't collect physical media anymore outside of PS4 discs which just get piled into a cabinet but here is my corner of shame.

Where is the star destroyer you told me about :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

PSA I highly recommend not downloading the latest Cyberpunk patch they royally hosed it up on PS5. Unless this is only happening to me for some insane reason, people are in for a rude awakening because the game looks and runs like poo poo all of sudden after updating it.

Hmmm, that’s odd, I got my first extended play session without crashing afterwards, and it definitely looks the same for me. Whenever I patch the game I always power cycle before firing it up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where is the star destroyer you told me about :colbert:

Sitting in a Lego store somewhere with a $700 price tag on it.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hmmm, that’s odd, I got my first extended play session without crashing afterwards, and it definitely looks the same for me. Whenever I patch the game I always power cycle before firing it up.

Hm. I did restart the game twice but not the system. Might be worth the try. After playing a bit more it seems way more noticable around pacifica than anywhere else for some reason. The whole area looks like a mess. I posted some screens and issues I was having in the thread.

Clicky

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Sitting in a Lego store somewhere with a $700 price tag on it.

Well then clearly you made the wrong $700+ purchase in recent months, didn't you? :colbert:

Why are there two identical-looking B-Wings, out of curiosity?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well then clearly you made the wrong $700+ purchase in recent months, didn't you? :colbert:

Why are there two identical-looking B-Wings, out of curiosity?

one is tiny but closer to the camera

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

were the gently caress is the cloudcar

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

one is tiny but closer to the camera

Ahh, my browsing monitor tilts down a little over time because it's on an arm and aligned vertically so I didn't spot the studs in the shadows at first glance :doh:.

More importantly; Where are the TIE Bomber and Interceptor? :colbert:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's in the little white shelf on the right :v:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

More importantly; Where are the TIE Bomber and Interceptor? :colbert:

I'd love to ask Lego the same question.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would very much like a big Millennium Falcon

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

It's in the little white shelf on the right :v:

pwned again :facepalm:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also looks like you are missing the murder ball

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Still works fine for me? And looks a bit better. Still only had those 2 crashes (almost back to back, weirdly only at my brother's house.)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/2kspaced/status/1341466859053469696?s=2

I’m sorry but this is just how all of you sound in my head, except for The Professor, who I imagine is like Brad Pitt’s character from Snatch

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Professor probably sounds like the grandad from Derry Girls

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry QoP but it's well and truly stuck, I think you need to change your name to The Professor now. Maybe VG can sort it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

veni veni veni posted:

What kind of grown man collects toys ffs.

Meanwhile in my office