Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL4Js_LaRCQ

Time to celebrate with the best Christmas song of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

goatface posted:

My sister woke me up to tell me Diana was dead. I dunno why, nobody in the family actually gave a poo poo. Even my nan thought she was overrated.

My sister was working at a hotel at the time so had to get up early at the weekend and heard the news on the radio. I half woke up and heard her telling my parents about it; when I fully woke up later on I assumed it was just a weird dream.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I was living with my aunt and uncle at the time and I remember them going on like there was a household emergency. When I found out what it was i went back to sleep and got up later and was very annoyed that cartoons were not on tv

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I was 8 (?) ish and I remember watching the news in my parents bedroom and not really sure what to think as I didn't know much about her.

Except that she had a loving ridiculous wedding dress. Even at 8 I was incredulous.

Also hey happy Christmas goons. If you are with loved ones this Christmas, good. If you're alone, know that you are loved.

(I shamelessly stole this line from a friend but the sentiment is perfect)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Daktar posted:

Time to celebrate with the best Christmas song of all time
did you mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbL9Vsobx8I

more fitting this year than ever before!

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 25, 2020

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i tried to look up the actual best xmas song of all time on youtube but it's been deleted. so i tried to reupload it for the benefit of the thread and it was immediately copyright struck

anyway it's on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/355203672

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

also i just opened a present which is ok since it's past midnight so technically xmas day but it still feels like cheating since i haven't been to bed yet

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My folks sent me possum merino hat and mittens, they're extremely lux. A lovely gift to get when I miss home badly. I sent them fancy booze as per usual

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

I was living with my aunt and uncle at the time and I remember them going on like there was a household emergency. When I found out what it was i went back to sleep and got up later and was very annoyed that cartoons were not on tv

I was also at my aunt and uncle's house, and my cousin rushed upstairs to tell them but they didn't believe him so he bet them ten pounds. They never fulfilled the bet because it was in 'bad taste'.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

For me the true meaning of Christmas was finding out what a playmobil person's skull looks like.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What gifts did you lot get this X-Mas?

I got gently caress all.

I am meeting my mum this freezing day for a socially distanced cycle along the medway. She is bringing some mince pies and a sausage sandwich 4 me. I am taking some thermal underwear for her and dad. ( that is what they asked for ok?)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
We haven't opened our gifts yet

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's only April OP

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fridge corn posted:

We haven't opened our gifts yet

I bet yours is hair-regrowth cream. owned haha.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Cyril Sneeer posted:

lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cyril Sneeer posted:

If it is I can regift it to you if you want since I have no need for it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

ITS CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTMAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for helping make this awful year a little bit more bearable* and a somehow even more unbearable**

*all posters excluding NAN99
**NAN99

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fridge corn posted:

If it is I can regift it to you if you want since I have no need for it

Does hair-growth syrum work on facial hair or stubble? if so I will take it.

enjoy your ever-expanding forehead.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Does it wok with stigma maydis though?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp, woken up with chills, splitting headache and 38 degree fever. Merry loving Christmas

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bardeh posted:

woken up with chills

are they multiplying?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Welp, woken up with chills, splitting headache and 38 degree fever. Merry loving Christmas

so you got covid for christmas?

there's kids in africa that didn't get anything

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cyril Sneeer posted:

Does hair-growth syrum work on facial hair or stubble? if so I will take it.

On second thought I better not give it to you, youd probably just end up drinking the bottle

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Corn in January

Corn in December

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ratjaculation posted:

so you got covid for christmas?

there's kids in africa that didn't get anything

drat, really puts it into perspective. I will force myself out of bed and spread the cheer Roni!

One thing's that's cheered me up is the outrage on the local FB group at this appearing today on the side of Costa

Might go and scrub out the top 2 lines to make it better though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bardeh posted:

drat, really puts it into perspective. I will force myself out of bed and spread the cheer Roni!

One thing's that's cheered me up is the outrage on the local FB group at this appearing today on the side of Costa

Might go and scrub out the top 2 lines to make it better though

I can understand their frustration, the Swastika is the wrong way around

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Ratjaculation posted:

I can understand their frustration, the Swastika is the wrong way around

clearly written whilst looking in the mirror, fake

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cyril Sneeer posted:

also merry christmas everyone

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Frasier Brain

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
No bully in thread at christmas

I got a smoke gun, a few art prints, and a copy of A Christmas Carol (?)

Got the carrot and turnip boiling and gonna put the lamb and pheasant in soooooon

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I got some cool stuff

My bfs sister works at Costa and she got me a incredibly gay rainbow coffee thermos which is rad. I'm gonna have to buy her a few more presents at some point because we only got her breath of the wild and some chocolates.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Merry actual Christmas. I am wearing my most hideous shirt in honour of the season of bad gifting. My sister bought me a t-shirt that is like an acid trip and made of material guaranteed to make you as sweaty as possible.

So p good so far.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People (not me, I have no role in these decisions) are also planning second Christmas for whenever they let us out. My mum is talking about keeping her tree up until then, which seems like a lot.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Merry Christmas goons. My parents got me a fancy coffee machine and I'm going to save the rest of the presents for later on when doing a zoom call with them, my sister and nephews. Until then I'm going to drink coffe & baileys and watch Die Hard, so not such a bad xmas day really

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i have slept and will continue to sleep for a bit

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goatface posted:

People (not me, I have no role in these decisions) are also planning second Christmas for whenever they let us out. My mum is talking about keeping her tree up until then, which seems like a lot.

smae. my younger sister might come over from america. I might see my neice and nephew again. I might get some loving liquorice allsorts finally.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I got tim peake's book and he seems like a pretty cool guy

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Some friends got our toddler a singing Hey Duggee stick and I've written them a grovelling apology for whatever we did to deserve it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I accidentally tore the dust cover on a book while unwrapping it. Even though it is my book and has no useful information or unique cover art on it, it has made me feel like a bad human.