Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i don’t understand how in 20 years there have been like 1.5 good dc movies. how do you miss the mark so consistently.

you can hate the mcu and there is still one out of twenty movies you will not completely hate. i like dc heroes even but they just cannot get a fuckin script written that doesn’t completely suck rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Casual Encountess posted:

i don’t understand how in 20 years there have been like 1.5 good dc movies. how do you miss the mark so consistently.

you can hate the mcu and there is still one out of twenty movies you will not completely hate. i like dc heroes even but they just cannot get a fuckin script written that doesn’t completely suck rear end

they havent missed the mark they care about

some of the movies being good is entirely coincidental

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iirc gal godot is whatever the hebrew term for a chud is so "looks like" IDF propaganda may be putting it too gently

e: lol yeah that rocket is an RPG-7, the archetypal Arabic Terrorist Rocket Launcher

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sagebrush posted:

iirc gal godot is whatever the hebrew term for a chud is so "looks like" IDF propaganda may be putting it too gently

she served in the idf, unlike the taylor swift twitter fan account who went to jail for their convictions.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

thank god wonderwoman is there to save the innocent children from the nevarious terroristic palestinians
Maybe they can cast Nicholas Slatten as the new Captain America while they're at it?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

chrises on infinite earths
lmao literally came here to post this 😂

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Carthag Tuek posted:

went to jail for their convictions.

this is usually the case

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this is usually the case

in a happy few cases your convictions arent illegal

i was an objector as well, but i only had to work 10 months at a hospital. no prison time.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

i think marvel really benefited from having their a-listers already optioned by other studios so they weren’t constrained by perception in popular culture, also they weren’t particularly powerful characters ; you don’t need to keep telling origin stories or lost my power stories

dcs production team being complete chodes buy doesnt help that the house style was bounded by nolan and snyder

you can tell some interesting superman stories but brooding grimdark doesn’t work for a god.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Marvel universe stable: Billionaire engineer with exosuit. Norse god. Teenager mutated to have spider powers.

DC universe stable: Alien guy?? Other alien guy??? Merman????

The only good DC supe is Batman. Fite me.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Because people like Synder direct those films. Snyder thought the reason watchmen was such a popular and influential comic was because it had sex and violence.

https://ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snyder is a hack

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
origin stories are the best stories because superheroes discovering their newly found powers and using them toget back at the high school bully is the best genre

shazam was the best dc movie

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i just need to see uncle ben die as often as possible

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

his rice sucks

mystes
May 31, 2006

PCjr sidecar posted:

his rice sucks
They killed him off. It's just "Ben's original" now.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

origin stories are the best stories because superheroes discovering their newly found powers and using them toget back at the high school bully is the best genre

shazam was the best dc movie

not disagreeing i just want to see the hawkeye origin story

he shoots bows really good and has like hacking and tracking and sploding arrows

aw gently caress https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkeye_(2021_TV_series)

nevermind

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

overall i hated endgame but its wasnt surprising as it perfectly encapsulated a marvel event comic: too long, too many characters for anyone to do anything, confounding and infuriating plot beats, a few cool spreads, and writing themselves into a corner they have to deus ex machina or time travel out of

i hope they do another birds of prey it was good

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

crisis on infinite bens

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm really excited for the Marvel / Star Wars crossover series.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao in sopranos when tony has a panic attack seeing a box of uncle ben's rice

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

lmao literally came here to post this 😂

poo poo, that would have been an s-tier username/post combo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is the only superhero origin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IdM84YVmV0

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i enjoyed arrow for the first few seasons but that’s because i generally enjoy cw programming. it’s just superhero gossip girl and it’s a great nighttime soap.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

the law and order dude who plays the kingpin on netflix daredevil tv show is like shockingly good in the first season. like honestly way better than the dude who plays daredevil

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

the law and order dude who plays the kingpin on netflix daredevil tv show is like shockingly good in the first season. like honestly way better than the dude who plays daredevil

that's why I kept watching it, kingpin had a really fleshed out backstory. I always root for the bad guy though

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

vincent d'onofrio is just a great actor overall

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the part where he goes apeshit and flips over that heavy looking table was really good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

vincent d'onofrio is just a great actor overall

he really is

rewatched men in black recently and it's really remarkable how good he is as the edgar-suit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's like he was really wearing edgar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

crisis on infinite beans

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the part where he goes apeshit and flips over that heavy looking table was really good

who, jesus?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

SmokaDustbowl posted:

that's why I kept watching it, kingpin had a really fleshed out backstory. I always root for the bad guy though

i really like when they make the antagonist an actual human who has actual motivations. i’m énamouréd with stories where the bad guy isn’t just some mustache twirling chaotic evil bond villain. i like a bad guy who is honestly pretty reasonable who just has methods that clash with the ideology of the hero. deathstroke in arrow was similar.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he really is

rewatched men in black recently and it's really remarkable how good he is as the edgar-suit

infernal machines posted:

it's like he was really wearing edgar

its amazing

his movements and face, everytyhing is just weird as hell and looks like a suit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i like watching thor dominate.

the scene in ultimate war when he comes back with stormbrwaker, it was sick when he flew up up the air and the skies went dark and he had electric eyeballs.

altho i wanted it so when he struck down that the electricity didn’t spread out from him but instead was
loads of individual lightnings from
the sky to each bad person

shame they didn’t have me as special effects director

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

i really like when they make the antagonist an actual human who has actual motivations. i’m énamouréd with stories where the bad guy isn’t just some mustache twirling chaotic evil bond villain. i like a bad guy who is honestly pretty reasonable who just has methods that clash with the ideology of the hero. deathstroke in arrow was similar.

this was a really good part in a superhero movie and it was supposed to be scary lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-dJPoSlPfU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sagebrush posted:

chris evans is indistinguishable from captain america to me, boring boy scout who looks like every hockey player business school bro in canada, maybe he's a weirdo but i bet his idea of a freaky night is doing it with the lights on

his dad is a dentist and that really fits with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

i like watching thor dominate.

the scene in ultimate war when he comes back with stormbrwaker, it was sick when he flew up up the air and the skies went dark and he had electric eyeballs.

altho i wanted it so when he struck down that the electricity didn’t spread out from him but instead was
loads of individual lightnings from
the sky to each bad person

shame they didn’t have me as special effects director

he does that once right after he does the raiden electric fly in this ragnarok scene

e: he does it twice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LZU7TdvWA

Roosevelt fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 26, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"are you thor, the god of hammers?" is pretty good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I liked thor ragnarok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

taika waititi is good at making movies