Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Make Fate of Atlantis or I'm not seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Except the plot is the one from the SA .mp3.

Lady Militant posted:

gal gadot isn't even that hot why does she get cast in everything as "Epic hot women"

She's a zionist, is she not? Pro-genoicde thirst trap.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

Lady Militant posted:

why is the star wars account tweeting this, am i having a stroke

more to the point, why does ford do this to himself? doesn't he hate indy at this point?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Hodgepodge posted:

more to the point, why does ford do this to himself? doesn't he hate indy at this point?

Money is money. And the longer he's in the limelight, the better he's protected from #metoo, if he ever did anything untoward to someone who remembers and cares.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Lady Militant posted:

gal gadot isn't even that hot why does she get cast in everything as "Epic hot women"

She's a Movie Industry plant who serves as PR for AIPAC.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Hodgepodge posted:

ford has always liked indy more than han solo (which he wanted out of asap) and it's one of the few ford properties that people still recognize instantly (other than blade runner :v: )

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm about 20 minutes into WW1984 and the movie is loving excruciating

The childhood interlude makes no sense, and it leans way too hard into liberal feminism

gently caress it, call me a chud if I think all the winks to "hah women were wallflowers in the 80s amirite" is over the top but goddamn its so tedious

I think that opening scene about how there's no short cuts to earning something is supposed to connect with all the wishes, but only tentatively. Like I'm still not sure what his motivation for doing things that specific way was. Like there's nebulous unrest and protests that don't get fleshed out a.i they can have a stupid trip to Egypt that the sum total ebbs up hinting ata rise in tensions between the US and the Soviet Union in a blink and you can miss it bit of ADR. This movie must grave fine through a bunch of script revisions and reshoots

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

I got to about 25 minutes in and gave up and found out black dynamite was on prime. I'd never seen it and was laughing happily right away; michael jai white with no money for a movie did ten times the action comedy that WW84 tried to do

Christmas Eve I watched Die Hard 1 &2 and I liked the action in those so much better because it was at least real, didn't become a cartoon for stretches at a time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nonathlon posted:

The original WW film got a lot of praise for being fresh, but to my eye, it was a decent or maybe above average rendition of the same old superhero formulae. The sole novelty to it was that it was female lead. And it's even worse in some sense because Diana is literally an ubermensch, born into her gifts. When she's fighting in France, I kept wondering why she needed a team of sidekicks. She's so overpowered, she could solve the whole plot by herself.

She kills a ton of nazis in world war 1, so that's kind of cool

Lady Militant posted:

she was great in fast five and six. I will say she pulls off chemistry with her romantic partners really well in films (han seoul-oh, whoever Chris pine plays)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lol

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The cartoons about ducks with magical powers and unrealistic sci-fi gadgets I watch are less of a cartoon than any live-action film made by Disney ot affiliates in the last two decades.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

Tubgoat posted:

^ ^ ^ Except the plot is the one from the SA .mp3.

She's a zionist, is she not? Pro-genoicde thirst trap.

she should die historic on the fury road. maybe then she'd be 1/1000th as cool as... nux.

we don't deserve that movie; the real version was hillary vs trump lol :mediocre:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Make Fate of Atlantis or I'm not seeing it.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Oh, Fate of Atlantis is a video game? I thought it was the Frank Darabont script that Lucas rejected (maybe for being based on the game? I dunno)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

She kills a ton of nazis in world war 1, so that's kind of cool

hang on a second

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

vyelkin posted:

hang on a second

Either she's killing a bunch of nazis who deserve it, or she's evil and is killing a bunch of mind controlled germans (who can't hurt her) who were drafted to fight for their king against Brits who were drafted to fight for their king over some complete nonsense no one can explain

Plus if she was killing nazis in 1918 it explains why 1941 nazis got glossed over.

Considering how americans in ww1984 panic at the sight of a revolver and stampede each other, I can only assume ww84 is in an alternate timeline created by said nazis in ww1

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Dec 26, 2020

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i know they wrote around it but it's still very conspicuous that wonder woman wasn't interested in WW2

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Eox posted:

i know they wrote around it but it's still very conspicuous that wonder woman wasn't interested in WW2

There is a background picture of her liberating a concentration camp.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a background picture of her liberating a concentration camp.

Offscreen, she's corralling Palestinians into it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

missed an opportunity for ww to save the ms st. louis

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://youtu.be/9OI_LEpyM-0

this promo is super strange and sad.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LK_Computer/status/1342849988875968514

:eyepop:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I had never seen the last of the Hobbit trilogy films, Five Armies, so I am watching it now and I am like 27 minutes in and Elrond Galadriel and Saruman are guarding Gandalf's broken body from protoNazgul on a mountaintop castle ruin and I don't know what the gently caress is happening

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

i'm going into this thinking, ahh, the extended edition is only 2:45, not bad, so lots of birds fighting goblins and elves and dwarves and men

it's doing that thing that the star wars prequils did which is obsess over setting the pieces exactly as we find them as introduced in the original trilogy

saruman just told elrond to take galadriel to lothlórien and then he winked and the camera and put his hand over his mouth and whispered "remember? that is where she is in Fellowship" and he blew me a kiss and lingered a moment longingly

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the hobbit movies were so bad that they made people realise the lotr movies were also bad

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Farm Frenzy posted:

the hobbit movies were so bad that they made people realise the lotr movies were also bad
Oh, pop culture-obsessed nerds did that for me.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i already knew that they were bad because im smart

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the third hobbit movie is like a fever dream to me. just a 2 hour long incredibly confusing and stupid action scene. its like they stretched the climax of the phantom menace to movie lenght

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's me, the smart movie guy. my plan is to take a short children's book and expand it into a trilogy of 3 hour long movies.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

how can we spice this movie up with some star power? i know, let's bring in a tired, bloated orlando bloom. ok in this shot, will he be float-dancing on top of

1. cgi dwarf heads
2. cgi orc heads or
3. cgi falling bricks?

Jocoserious
Jun 9, 2014

LOOK OVER HERE!!
Finally got around to seeing Children of Men. Fantastically frightening in 2020 but can't help but wonder if the British freedom fighters going all circular firing squad before being supplanted by kind hearted immigrants with Lenin statues makes it a Maoist Third Worldist film :v:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

babypolis posted:

the third hobbit movie is like a fever dream to me. just a 2 hour long incredibly confusing and stupid action scene. its like they stretched the climax of the phantom menace to movie lenght

They adapted it from a section of the book that's like a whole seven pages long, it's quite naturally incoherent

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

it's me, the smart movie guy. my plan is to take a short children's book and expand it into a trilogy of 3 hour long movies.

I lolled how the green screen overkill gave ian mckellen a breakdown on set.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Jocoserious posted:

Finally got around to seeing Children of Men. Fantastically frightening in 2020 but can't help but wonder if the British freedom fighters going all circular firing squad before being supplanted by kind hearted immigrants with Lenin statues makes it a Maoist Third Worldist film :v:

I mean all of those immigrants just get bombed and killed at the end

which is pretty accurate to reality but not really MTW being fulfilled

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i guess the first purge is now on netflix, which is news to me. so we got around to watching it and drat, the previous movies werent exactly subtle but this one throws subtlety out of the window, puts a couple dozen bullets into it, and then buries it in the woods

my favorite bit was the blonde blue eyed militia men wearing extremely racist sambo masks. some loving dark poo poo for sure

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

The person who did this video edit deserves an award. :lol:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Finally watched it, guffawed loudly.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the hobbit is shorter than any of the three books from the actual lord of the rings trilogy but received the same number of movies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's already been mentioned that that child rescue scene is an inversion and revision of history given that that was filmed at the same beach where the IDF murdered Palestinian children in real life, but then also there's:

* the Soviets launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the US after detecting hundreds of new nukes popping up in their backyard - but this is framed as a consequence of the plot device, occluding the actual history that for decades the US actually did outnumber the USSR in nuclear weapons, at times by an order of magnitude

* the Egypt subplot has an Arab "emir" (that's on the True Lies-level of stereotype) using the McGuffin to trigger the creation of a gigantic wall around a depressed area of Cairo, sealing poor people off from their only source of freshwater. Again, an inversion of what Israel actually does to Palestine

* there's another scene where another Arab emissary claims that "the Soviets have sided with Iran. Iraq is preparing to defend herself as unrest spreads.". The Iran-Iraq War started four years after the date of the events of this movie, and it began WITH IRAQ INVADING IRAN

jesus loving christ this movie is shithole propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
DoD knows exactly what they’re doing when they advise on these

heck, evidently they know that we know that they know

https://twitter.com/peterjbruno/status/1315692739661529088?s=20